August 2, 2014 | 1037 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Peony Colorburst Lipgloss 008

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 2:08:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Got these during a bogo. I purchased this along with Crystal lilac. OMG I am so loving these glosses! Revlon and loreal have always been my go to drugstore brands and they just keep coming out with hits for me! This lipgloss melts into my lips so beautifully and gives high long lasting shine. Its got pink and gold and even a teeny bit of purple sparkle thrown in to make this shade wearable with many different looks without clashing. The crystal lilac is equally just as stunning and looks flattering against my NC 30 skintone. A medium pink with tons of pink and purple sparkles. I wear it on top of revlon matte pink pout when I want to avoid the matte finish and add shine while also adding sparkles. Since the two are close in color the lipstick shade isn't changed with the lipgloss on top. Totally recommend (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This will probably be my go-to shade of neutral lip gloss from now on. I love the Revlon colorburst line of lip glosses. I have 4 shades: Strawberry, Papaya, Peony, and Rose Pearl. Each shade is unique and highly pigmented.

Peony is a neutral light pinky brown with a hint of non-tacky shimmer. This would look great with a dark or smokey eye, and it also looks great with just a hint of mascara on those au natural days.

The consistency of the gloss is amazing. Buttery, creamy, not at all sticky and very non-drying. When the gloss eventually wears off, the color remains for hours after, and more importantly, it remains evenly.

The applicator is not quite doe foot...It's longer, almost mobius strip shaped. But it allows for the application of a doe foot with the precision of a brush.

A++ to Revlon for this fantastic line!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 12:36:00 PM More reviews by glitterkitteneyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this gloss. Shade is quite similar to Orgasm but a bit on the pinky side. Not as pigmented as the O gloss, but has this wet shine when applied over bare lips.

Texture reminded me of Chanel Aqualumiere glosses, same with the packaging. This is probably the best drugstore lip gloss I have ever bought. ( Considering I work at a drugstore)

I love layering this gloss over lipsticks. It's got this non-stick mega watt shine.

Well Done, Revlon!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Easily dupable, but very pretty. This peachy pink has very subtle golden shimmer throughout, and I have to agree with a previous reviewer that it's Nars Orgasm in lipgloss form. It's very warm, and quite lovely.

The wear is excellent, and it doesn't dry out my lips. It's got enough pigment it can be worn alone, but I like it over an MLBB lipstick even better. The flat sponge applicator is something new for me, but it does seem to allow for more precise application. I like the quilted cover, too - Revlon's subtle nod to Chanel.

Currently these are available at Shoppers Drug Marts in Canada for about $11.49. I'd wait for a sale, or when they hit up WalMart, where they'll surely be a couple of dollars cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Color: peachy pink with shimmer

Pros: pigmented, not sticky

Cons: leaves glitter residue on lips, no shine

Comments: This isn't a gloss at all...because there is no shine. There's just shimmer. Formula is nice - not sticky at all. I won't wear this on its own, but looks great when paired with a nude lip.

Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have these glosses in Peony and Cystal Lilac (so far). The first thing that struck me about this color is how much it looked like NARS Orgasm blush (I've posted a comparison pic). The formula of these glosses are very nice, they're not super thick and they're not sticky at all. They're also not as pigmented as I expected. Fans of Nymphette gloss would probably like this oneas it's very similar to that or to Milani Summer Baby. The wear on these, for me, is about an hour or two because I'm a habitual lip smacker once I have gloss on, I can't stop rubbing my lips together. The applicator is a little strange, it's not your typical doe foot, it's more flat and rounded... I don't find that it gives me any trouble applying the gloss, however, and I can still get to the edges of my lips fairly well. I am really liking this gloss and would repurchase.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Really pretty classic lipgloss. It is a a great blend of pinkish peach with a touch of warm shine. It is not as pink/gold as Nymphette. But not as peachy as Love Nectar. It is one of those glosses that doesn't change your lipcolor that much, but gives you a warm sensual pout. Probably my favorite shade out of the new collection (from Dec/Jan 10/11).