August 22, 2014 | 1803 users online

Skincare - Face - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by LynetteB

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This makes the best eye makeup remover and the price cannot be beat! I mix it up in an empty bottle in proportions of 1 part baby shampoo to 4 parts hot water. Shake gently to dissolve the shampoo. I like to dip q-tips in this to remove eyeliner and mascara. Rinse well with warm water to remove traces of the shampoo when done.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by BarbItalia

I have used this for over 30 years to remove my eye makeup. It's a fabulous, gentle, non-greasy solution to all but the most waterproof mascara and concealer; only a dot is needed on your washcloth or fingertip. I pair this with CVS-brand or regular Cetaphil to clean my face: Cetaphil on dry skin - massage and rinse - then Johnson's Baby Shampoo on wet lashes - massage and rinse. One can also dilute this with water, then it's not necessary to wet your eye area & lashes first. Great results with zero residue; you're ready to apply fresh makeup if you wish. TRY IT!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2006 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet. Baby Shampoo can be used for many purposes:

1. As a facial wash - When you're skin's not that oily in the morning so you don't want to use a harsh cleanser, baby shampoo's gentle enough
2. As a makeup remover - Works perfectly for me, since I don't wear foundation, just sunscreen (won't work for waterproof makeup though, I'd recommened a seperate remover for for that) (Psst, Vaseline)
3. As a shampoo - Probably not the best choice if you have oily hair like me, but I use this on my drier ends.
4. As a brush cleaner. So gentle.

I'll update as I think of more uses. Give it a try! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2004 5:35:00 PM More reviews by CatieG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best and most effective eye and face makeup remover I have ever used - even gets waterproof mascara off without rubbing. I have very sensitive eyes and skin and it doesn't irritate either. I also use it to wash my expensive makeup brushes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2004 7:21:00 PM More reviews by C8LIN

This is an okay product, smells okay too. I must say, it is REALLY gentle, esp. on my dry contact-afflicted eyes. Does a nice job of cleaning up chlorine (I'm a swimmer) and conditioner gunk that wasn't completely rinsed out (I HATE THAT!). I like that when using this, a conditioner really isn't necessary. I probably won't repurchase, tho, 'cuz it wasn't anything great--just average. :l

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2003 1:50:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsguru

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Have been using this for about 8 years everyday as my eye makeup remover. LOVE IT:) My opthamologist recommended it after I had trouble with a stye, said this was the best eyelid cleanser on the market and I believe him:) I just use the no tear formula. It cleans everything (even takes off my waterproof mascara--maybelline volume express waterproof -- with no scrubbing :) It doesn't dry out my lids but I do use a moisturizer under my eyes and by the corners at night.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2002 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Kittenkf21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. It made my long hair, soft and shiny. I like that it doesn't strip my hair of it's oils, and leaves it nice and light. Also is good for cleaning make-up brushes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2002 7:25:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great if you're under 8, but it was way too gentle for me. It left my hair flat and oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2001 5:26:00 PM More reviews by nuni

Perfect to clean makeupbrushes with, effective, mild and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2001 8:28:00 PM More reviews by naztazia

I know people are going to think I'm crazy for putting the infamous "J&J Baby Shampoo" in the Skincare/Face section -- but this stuff is theee most amazing makeup remover on the planet. My opthamologist, who takes wonderful care of my extremely sensitive eyes, recommended years ago that I start taking off my eye makeup with baby shampoo. She said that most eye makeup removers contain oily substances which eventually build up and clog up the tear ducts - causing red, itchy eyes (and eventually to eye infections). And she said many other patients also use the baby shampoo to remove the entire face makeup. I thought she was crazy :-) My adventurous soul thought, "heck I'll try it - why not." After using it for 2 weeks - I got fantastic results ! Not only did my eyes feel better, but my skin looked incredibly clean and clear. The baby shampoo removes makeup gently, but thoroughly. Many breakouts are caused by makeup not getting totally removed from the skin (gets pushed down into the pores) - as well as cleansers leaving a "residue" on the skin. Don't let the name fool you - think of it as a "gentle cleanser" rather than "baby shampoo" - it really works!

19 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No