April 20, 2014 | 1619 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste in Espiegle

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

I have a love affair with Joues Contrastes, and this is my newest addition to a growing collection. It's a sister to my favorites - Reflex and In Love - but is arguably more divine.

While Reflex seems deeper, amped up with gold and perhaps even leaning toward orange when swatched beside Espiegle, Espiegle is a subtler peach, as rife with shimmer as Reflex. In Love, on the other hand, has more pink, and is brighter. Espiegle looks as if it might have a hard time showing up on my NC25 skin, and when I first dusted my brush across it worried it would come off too powdery. It was also a little more shimmery than I had originally remembered, and thought it would surely cast a disco ball-esque shine across my face. Thankfully, I was wrong, and it actually appears much more matte than it appears in pan. It lights up my face and warms me, so much that even without bronzer, someone asked if I'd gone away on vacation.

Also: For those who may have missed out on MAC's Ripe Peach - that limited edition ombre peach brush that had eBay sellers laughing all the way to the bank - this is a great alternative (and may I say, an even better choice).

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by strix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this color. In the pan, it’s the prettiest blush I own. It’s not pink at all, which makes it unique and fresh, but also a tad orange if you overdo it. I enjoy this peach as an alternative to pink blush. While pink says “demure,” peach says “powerful.” Unlike NARS’ Sex Appeal blush, Espiegle has no trouble showing up on my skin. Compared to other blushes I own, it is a bit grainier, which makes it pigmented but it is also slightly more obvious that I am wearing blush. Then there’s the scent– it smells VERY strongly of roses. Some days I like this, some days it smells like an old lady– I’m on the fence.

The packaging is sturdy & chic, I love that there’s a mirror inside, and the brush that it comes with really does work. Of course, the brush isn’t an equal to a full-sized blush brush, but it does the job when you’re traveling, and unlike Benefit blushes, the brush has its own little compartment so it doesn’t get messy. The black compact is so shiny and reflective that it picks up fingerprints easily, but overall the packaging is fab.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 6:38:00 AM More reviews by simonetrue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

A fantastic blush for the spring and to add a touch of youthful glow and radiance to dull skin. For reference, I am indian/euro mix with medium olive skin with yellow undertones. This blush looked a bit too light and 'powdery' in the pan, but once applied it really gave my whole face a lift. Highly recommended - actually prefer it to my tweed coral blushed and I love that!

The whole 2011 Chanel spring range is fab and I spent a small fortune at the counter over the weekend :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I simply cannot resist pretty peach blushes! This is a lovely pale warm peach with subtle gold shimmer. It's very similar to Chanel Reflex, but just a touch lighter. I think if you have Reflex you probably don't need this (I swiped one on each cheek and they're virtually identical), but if you're looking for a softer version of Reflex, or just want a versatile shimmery peach blush, this is it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 10:21:00 AM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty sure this is a permanent product as Pixiwoo did a look with this blush back in 2009 and it is also not marked as LE on the Chanel website.

I am NW20 and my cheeks have redness on their own so I typically don't wear blush because I'm trying to not emphasize that area. I love this blush because it adds just a little bit of a peachy glow without going overboard. I think it's lovely and I will definitely repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2011 12:26:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC30, warm with yellow undertones. I love JCs, and have 9 of them including this. Espiegle looks peach in the pan, but pulled peachy pink on me, leaning slightly more towards pink. It reminds me of NARS Deep Throat, and when I swatched them side by side, they definitely look more or less the same though Espiegle is lighter and and is slightly less intense than Deep Throat. Espiegle gives me the 'glow from within' look which is typical of JCs, but somehow it is not like the usual 'glow from DEEP within' effect like my other favourite JCs. The glow I got from Espiegle is the effect one gets when using blush with a really good finely milled highlighter, i.e: really nice, but kind of superficial slightly. Lasting power is at par with the other JCs which is pretty good. To sum things up: I do like it, but I'm not overwhelmed by it. I love my other JCs better, like Orchid Rose, Reflex and Candy.

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I am also really likeing this blush. It is a very pretty peachy color with a slight pink to it and some gold. I have alot of red in my cheeks and this does not accentuate the red like some peach blushes can. I agree with what another MUA said. It is a creamy peach color. And the shimmer is very slight.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 9:41:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this for myself for the holidays but I wish I could have afforded this entire collection because it's absolutely exquisite. There are rumors that this blush is actually perm but I couldn't take any chances since I know it will sell out. This is very different from any other JC that Chanel has released in the past. It's prettier and more pigmented than the Tea Rose JC I had such high hopes for. This is a glowy, creamy peach infused with gold. I'm absolutely in love with the finish of this blush. I also need to mention that I left for vacation without my blush brush (!!!) So I'm stuck with the one that comes in the compact until I get home, but it works pretty well, surprisingly enough. MMM/NC35/oily.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by dukechickie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Chanel blush and I'm not disappointed! It is absurdly expensive, but the color is beyond gorgeous. I had fallen in love with Chanel's Spring 2011 Collection but I was planning on forgoing this JC because it didn't look special in the pan. I tried it at the counter and my opinion changed - it gives me a youthful peachy glow that's not sparkly or glittery and somehow brightens my face.

Don't know if this is LE or not (the consensus seems to be split in the boards/blogs), but I hope Chanel keeps it around, as it's so different from their current lineup.