November 27, 2014 | 943 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I use this product as a finisher. Pump maybe a drop or two into my hands rub it together and spread it through my hair. It smells absolutely amazing. Very luxe. In my opinion anyway. It leaves my hair silky shiny and tames down a few fly-aways. It's not perfect though, for the price it should do much more . It's just silicones and a few oils . Really you should be able to find dupes of this easily at the drugstore but this one smells so good. I'll finish it up. But won't repurchase. I like shu essence absolue which gives the same effect (doesn't smell as nice) but gives UV protection to my hair . Joico does the same , at a fraction of the cost, just doesn't smell nice

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by ElektraS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I previously used moroccoan oil and I really liked that except for the smell. I find that the kerestase oil does the same thing as the moroccoan oil - and it does not have the same bad smell!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My all-time favorite product for the hair. Smells delicious, works great. I have incredibly fine hair and yet this takes a heavy hand to look greasy. A dime sized amount applied from about ear length down to my ends and I can comb my hair without tangles and not have to worry about pouf or dry looking ends. For the price, I wish the bottle was nicer than the plastic bottle they use for their L'Oreal line, but, for what's inside, I will gladly (and have) repurchase many times over.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Love this stuff! It is pricy, but you don't need much. I use an ionic blowdry-round brush combo tool and this oil protects my hair and makes it smooth and glossy, and does a great job of smoothing over any signs of dryness or dry ends. I am very curious to try this with the Nectar Thermique, as I've heard the combo used together give beautiful results. My hair is not overly dry or processed looking/feeling, considering the amount of blow drying and heat styling I do. I would wager that it's the Kerastase styling elixir and Ciment Thermique I use that keeps the damage minimal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I really like this product. I bought it because of of the great reviews I read and I was not disappointed.
I don't really have problematic hair. It's a little dry, no split ends, not too frizzy, down to my waist, thick. I like products that nourish my hair, and make it smooth, soft, and shiny. I bought this to use when I blow out my hair.
My routine:
1. I apply nectar thermique on my damp hair from roots to ends; followed by 1 pump of elixir ultime, from mid-length to ends.
2. Starting at the nape of my neck, I take a section of hair and blow it out with a metal round brush, curling my hair under.
3. When each section is dry and still warm from the blow dryer, I roll my hair under and secure it with a pin. I continue this method throughout the sides and back of my head.
4. When my hair has cooled, I remove the pins and brush my hair to smooth it out.
So silky, smooth, and soft. It lasts all day long. Dosn't weight my hair down. Really moisturizing too! Get this and nectar thermique to get perfect hair! :) I'll buy it again even though it's so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sashaprincip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING. I know Kerastase is pricy, however totally worth it. I bought this instead of Moroccan Oil since it not only contains the HG oil, but many others as well. I put it in my towel-dried, damp hair after a shower. (One squirt should be fine for most, but I have super long hair so I use two). It gives my hair that nice salon scent, leaves it super soft and shiny like no other! Best hair product I've tried. Definitely worth the extra bucks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this product does give a smoother feeling after you straighten it or curled it with heat. and it takes away the damage. ive been going to salon every week for 3 weeks now and my hair is still fine. but one thing that i hate so much is the uber strong smell and very expensive for something small

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by gilldiva

I recently bought this as my salon had run out of Moroccan Oil. I thought this would be a safe bet given that Kerastase products are normally fab. Wrong! Really disappointed with this product and would go as far to say as it is useless. This product doesnt seem to nourish my hair or tame frizz. It is just not heavy enough to do either.
I have fine hair (but lots of it) and despite that, this product is still not heavy duty enough. I have just ordered a bottle of Moroccan Oil (despite the fact that I still have a full bottle of this stuff).
This may work is you have very fine hair that is pretty much straight and glossy anyway.
This isn't the product for me and is not a patch on Moroccan Oil. I cant wait for my hair saviour to arrive and will have to out up with the frizz until it does!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use this daily when I had butt length hair. I got it cut about a month and a half ago and it's now at my shoulders. It is great for taming frizzy hair and gives hair a smooth feel, shiny look and overall great appearance. I wouldn't say that it gives long lasting damage repair to the hair, it more or less just masks the problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by rose63872

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good product but I recommend an almost dupe product for much cheaper - L'oreal Elvive Smooth-silk Intense Serum, look at the ingredients listings for both:

L'Oreal Elvive Serum:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Hydroxcitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Satvia Oil / Camellia Satvia Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnanal, Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

Kerastase Elixir Ultimate:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No