September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by laureg

Love this stuff! It is pricy, but you don't need much. I use an ionic blowdry-round brush combo tool and this oil protects my hair and makes it smooth and glossy, and does a great job of smoothing over any signs of dryness or dry ends. I am very curious to try this with the Nectar Thermique, as I've heard the combo used together give beautiful results. My hair is not overly dry or processed looking/feeling, considering the amount of blow drying and heat styling I do. I would wager that it's the Kerastase styling elixir and Ciment Thermique I use that keeps the damage minimal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I really like this product. I bought it because of of the great reviews I read and I was not disappointed.
I don't really have problematic hair. It's a little dry, no split ends, not too frizzy, down to my waist, thick. I like products that nourish my hair, and make it smooth, soft, and shiny. I bought this to use when I blow out my hair.
My routine:
1. I apply nectar thermique on my damp hair from roots to ends; followed by 1 pump of elixir ultime, from mid-length to ends.
2. Starting at the nape of my neck, I take a section of hair and blow it out with a metal round brush, curling my hair under.
3. When each section is dry and still warm from the blow dryer, I roll my hair under and secure it with a pin. I continue this method throughout the sides and back of my head.
4. When my hair has cooled, I remove the pins and brush my hair to smooth it out.
So silky, smooth, and soft. It lasts all day long. Dosn't weight my hair down. Really moisturizing too! Get this and nectar thermique to get perfect hair! :) I'll buy it again even though it's so expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sashaprincip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING. I know Kerastase is pricy, however totally worth it. I bought this instead of Moroccan Oil since it not only contains the HG oil, but many others as well. I put it in my towel-dried, damp hair after a shower. (One squirt should be fine for most, but I have super long hair so I use two). It gives my hair that nice salon scent, leaves it super soft and shiny like no other! Best hair product I've tried. Definitely worth the extra bucks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this product does give a smoother feeling after you straighten it or curled it with heat. and it takes away the damage. ive been going to salon every week for 3 weeks now and my hair is still fine. but one thing that i hate so much is the uber strong smell and very expensive for something small

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by gilldiva

I recently bought this as my salon had run out of Moroccan Oil. I thought this would be a safe bet given that Kerastase products are normally fab. Wrong! Really disappointed with this product and would go as far to say as it is useless. This product doesnt seem to nourish my hair or tame frizz. It is just not heavy enough to do either.
I have fine hair (but lots of it) and despite that, this product is still not heavy duty enough. I have just ordered a bottle of Moroccan Oil (despite the fact that I still have a full bottle of this stuff).
This may work is you have very fine hair that is pretty much straight and glossy anyway.
This isn't the product for me and is not a patch on Moroccan Oil. I cant wait for my hair saviour to arrive and will have to out up with the frizz until it does!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use this daily when I had butt length hair. I got it cut about a month and a half ago and it's now at my shoulders. It is great for taming frizzy hair and gives hair a smooth feel, shiny look and overall great appearance. I wouldn't say that it gives long lasting damage repair to the hair, it more or less just masks the problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by rose63872

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good product but I recommend an almost dupe product for much cheaper - L'oreal Elvive Smooth-silk Intense Serum, look at the ingredients listings for both:

L'Oreal Elvive Serum:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Hydroxcitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Satvia Oil / Camellia Satvia Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnanal, Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

Kerastase Elixir Ultimate:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Superb product! Smells good, adds a nice shine and tames my hair down. I always get compliments how shiny and healthy my hair looks and the credit goes definitely to this product. Be careful with elixir ultime though - only a tiny amount is needed. The first time I used it, I ended up with greasy hair cause I used to much of it.

A little sidenote: My hairdresser said that Redken has an oil which is basically the same like Elixir Ultime, but costs less. It even smells almost the same. I forgot the name though but if you're looking for something like this for less money, check Redken oils/treatments.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mikky2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Given Kerastase's great track record, I was pretty dissapointed with the EU. Every time I get my hair cut, my stylist uses it and I always feel like a greasy mess when I walk out. He swears by it and I assumed that maybe he was applying too much. I was always hesitant to buy it but during my last visit he was kind enough to give me the rest of his bottle. I used just a half pump on my damp hair and still, way too greasy for me. It does add shine and softness but my hair felt really weighed down. I have very fine hair, but lots of it. Maybe this is best for coarse or thick hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also wonder whether I am using this properly, since it simply does not work on my color treated, fine and damaged hair at all. I agree that it has a wonderful smell and does not leave a greasy look behind, but it does not repair the hair or eliminates frizz. The overnight serum of Kerastase works far better.