July 31, 2014 | 1801 users online

Styling Products - Kerastase - Elixir Ultime

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by tsh82

this product does give a smoother feeling after you straighten it or curled it with heat. and it takes away the damage. ive been going to salon every week for 3 weeks now and my hair is still fine. but one thing that i hate so much is the uber strong smell and very expensive for something small

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by gilldiva

I recently bought this as my salon had run out of Moroccan Oil. I thought this would be a safe bet given that Kerastase products are normally fab. Wrong! Really disappointed with this product and would go as far to say as it is useless. This product doesnt seem to nourish my hair or tame frizz. It is just not heavy enough to do either.
I have fine hair (but lots of it) and despite that, this product is still not heavy duty enough. I have just ordered a bottle of Moroccan Oil (despite the fact that I still have a full bottle of this stuff).
This may work is you have very fine hair that is pretty much straight and glossy anyway.
This isn't the product for me and is not a patch on Moroccan Oil. I cant wait for my hair saviour to arrive and will have to out up with the frizz until it does!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use this daily when I had butt length hair. I got it cut about a month and a half ago and it's now at my shoulders. It is great for taming frizzy hair and gives hair a smooth feel, shiny look and overall great appearance. I wouldn't say that it gives long lasting damage repair to the hair, it more or less just masks the problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2012 1:21:00 PM More reviews by rose63872

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Good product but I recommend an almost dupe product for much cheaper - L'oreal Elvive Smooth-silk Intense Serum, look at the ingredients listings for both:

L'Oreal Elvive Serum:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Hydroxcitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Satvia Oil / Camellia Satvia Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Amyl Cinnanal, Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

Kerastase Elixir Ultimate:
Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Zea Mays / Corn Germ Oil, Argania Spinosa Oil / Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camellia Kissi / Camellia Kissi Seed Oil, Pentaclethra Macroloba Oil / Pentaclethra Macroloba Seed Oil, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Coumarine, Benzyl Alcohol, Parfum / Fragrance.

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Superb product! Smells good, adds a nice shine and tames my hair down. I always get compliments how shiny and healthy my hair looks and the credit goes definitely to this product. Be careful with elixir ultime though - only a tiny amount is needed. The first time I used it, I ended up with greasy hair cause I used to much of it.

A little sidenote: My hairdresser said that Redken has an oil which is basically the same like Elixir Ultime, but costs less. It even smells almost the same. I forgot the name though but if you're looking for something like this for less money, check Redken oils/treatments.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mikky2010

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Given Kerastase's great track record, I was pretty dissapointed with the EU. Every time I get my hair cut, my stylist uses it and I always feel like a greasy mess when I walk out. He swears by it and I assumed that maybe he was applying too much. I was always hesitant to buy it but during my last visit he was kind enough to give me the rest of his bottle. I used just a half pump on my damp hair and still, way too greasy for me. It does add shine and softness but my hair felt really weighed down. I have very fine hair, but lots of it. Maybe this is best for coarse or thick hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:28:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I also wonder whether I am using this properly, since it simply does not work on my color treated, fine and damaged hair at all. I agree that it has a wonderful smell and does not leave a greasy look behind, but it does not repair the hair or eliminates frizz. The overnight serum of Kerastase works far better.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:16:00 AM More reviews by Galenabg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have aboslutely the same opinion as maneater.Maybe for healty hair this product will be the right choice, but for my dry and extremly damaged hair this product didn't do anything.I'am very disappointed. I recommend you Kerastase Force Architecte- it's a great produkt.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:57:00 AM More reviews by fieza90

I think this is the best hair serum I have ever used at the moment. I am currently using macadamia natural oil because I have ran out of kerastase and I thought I want to try something new. But the macadamia natural oil does not make my hair feels soft unlike when I use Kerastase elixir ultime. I can't make a comparison between this hair serum and moroccanoil since I've never tried that one. So far I have used 2 bottles of this hair elixir! Overall I really love this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So dissapointed with this product. Was expecting an amazing product, based on the price, media hype and fact that i usually love their products. This stuff smells great, but that's about it.

It made my hair feel nice for about an hour. I don't use it as a styling product anymore, but since the bottle is so big, I mixed it into one of my favourite deep conditioners.