December 22, 2014 | 966 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Simple - Eye Make-Up Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by superkid268

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Apply To Cotton Ball and Gently Rub On Eyes... Did anything come off? No! You know why? This stuff is literally the worst eye makeup remover that's ever been sold. It doesn't burn, it doesn't sting. But, it doesn't remove makeup either. Save your $7 and fill up a little plastic bottle with tap water and keep it next to your sink - so it can do absolutely nothing. Or splurge and buy something that actually works...

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by amygregor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think I paid $8.99 for a bottle of water. I don't want to know what "Vitamin Goodness" is, but I do know it won't remove waterproof mascara. If I can find my receipt, it's going back. Neutrogena Oil-Free and Almay are cheaper and work much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this did remove my makeup but it burns the skin around my eyes so even though it is suppost to be for sensitive skin it burned really bad and it leaves residue I have almost a full bottle left this is going back to ulta.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/1/2013 8:51:00 PM More reviews by asantibk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is complete utter crap. I have oily skin and live in a humid state. When I tell you that this product doesn't remove anything, it doesn't remove shit! I have to rub my eyes 20 times with a cotton pad in order to try to remove any trace of makeup. I don't know if its because the "harmful" products that have been removed is what actually helps with removing makeup but this was a complete waste of money. I still have 90% of the bottom left. If you're in love with this product and want a free bottle PM me and I'll send it to you.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:14:00 AM More reviews by drivesl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is not a good eye makeup remover. It does not soak into a pad or cotton ball enough and does not move enough eye makeup without a fight. Olive oil is better for me in a pinch.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Jerilyn89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Just terrible! This does an awful job of removing eyeliner and mascara. It just smeared it all over my eyes, and even after going back in with a clean cotton round and more remover, it wouldn't budge. And on top of it not working it burned and irritated my eyes very badly. I will stick with my Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Laylabydayla

Just goes to show on the reviews for this product, it's different strokes for different folks. What works for one may not work for another! I really like this product. It's cheap and cheerful and it works for me, although I don't wear waterproof mascara. I soak a cotton pad and rest it over my lashes for a few seconds, it's cooling to the eye and doesn't sting. I am very sensitive to most eye products but this one suits me. If my mascara is particularly heavy I'll soak a cotton bid and run it along the bottom of my lid and that will clear any panda eyes. I buy it regularly.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2012 1:02:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This remover sucks!! Doesn't remove waterproof at all!! Returning it

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simple is a popular UK brand that made it's way to America about a year ago. I haven't tried any of their products previous to this one. If you recall from previous makeup remover reviews, I have yet to find a makeup remover that I really like, so when I finished up my Almay Moisturizing Makeup Remover I decided to give Simple's a try. The claims sound pretty good, take a look for yourself; "Effectively removes even waterproof mascara plus its a blend of our purest possible skin loving ingredients with an added vitamin!" This makeup remover contains Pro Vitamin B5 and does not contain oil, dyes, harsh irritants, or artificial perfumes". According to Simple this product is non greasy, dermatologist and ophthalmologist tested, hypoallergenic, non comedogenic, and safe for sensitive eyes and contact lense wearers. I got my 4.2fl oz (125ml) bottle at Ulta for $5.60, it was 20% off with a coupon. This product normally retails for about $7. Simple does not test on animals, in fact they have a notation on the back of their bottles stating that their products do not contain any animal derived ingredients. This product was made in America.
Simple's packaging in general is pretty nice looking. Their makeup remover comes in a clear, slightly frosted bottle with a green flip top cap. This product's dispenser is pretty poor, product just pours out with no way to control the amount that comes out. I've wasted a fair bit of this product because of this. The front of the bottle features the name of the product and few claims. Several more claims can be found on the back of the bottle along with a full ingredient list and some company info. This bottle is recyclable.
Simple's Eye Makeup Remover is very thin, barely more viscose than water. Its completely clear and has no noticeable scent to it. I use this product just like I would any other liquid makeup remover, I pour a bit on to a cotton ball or cotton round and place over my dampened eye area for a few seconds, than wipe away any makeup that hasn't dissolved. Simple's Eye Makeup Remover is actually pretty effective, despite being oil free. I wouldn't call it 100% effective, I still have a little bit of left over mascara and eyeliner, but it gets the majority of my makeup off. Sounds good yeah? Well you know that claim about being "kind to the eyes"? Its not. No, like, I have never, ever used any product that burned or stung my eyes so badly as this product does. It's horrible! It is so bad that I don't want to put makeup on in the morning because I dread taking it off with this stuff later. I'm not sure what is in this product that burns my eyes so badly, maybe the citric acid? I don't know, that seems out of place in an eye makeup remover. Anyway, the bottom line is that I would rather pour straight up lemon juice into my eyes because that is comparatively less painful. For the record, I do not have sensitive eyes. As tempted as I am to toss out Simple's Not so Kind to the Eyes Eye Makeup Remover, I won't. It's a pretty good makeup remover, other than being painful to use. I plan to use it to remove swatches and on a q-tip to correct mistakes. I just won't be using it near my eyeball anymore.
I'm disappointed and annoyed by how terribly painful Simple's Eye Makeup Remover is for me. It works very well otherwise, probably the most effective eye makeup remover I've used. I think packaging could be improved upon, but maybe I just need to refine my pouring techniques. This makeup remover isn't necessarily awful, it just isn't for me. I still wouldn't recommend it because I don't want anyone else to experience horrible eye burning like that. Has anyone else experienced a similar reaction to this eye makeup remover?

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by chinggybaby

It doesn't really work in removing my mascara completely, but it's great for removing basic make up such as concealer and light foundation. I'd buy it again simply because it is gentle on my sensitive skin!