April 17, 2014 | 1750 users online

Lip Gloss - Revlon - Colorburst (All colors)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by poohbear9549

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have this in the shades Crystal Lilac and Peony. I thought that this lip gloss would be super pigmented like the name implied. (Colorburst) However, these are less pigmented that the Revlon Super Lustrous Lip glosses which I now prefer more. these glosses are a bit shimmery and have a pretty wide array of color selection. The lasting power is pretty average (1-2 hours). The applicator is pretty unique as it is a flat sponge tip rather than a doefoot. It moves with your lips and provides a nice application but takes a bit of time to get used to using. The scent is slightly vanilla which is very pleasant. This gloss was nothing out of the ordinary to me. I want to try Revlon Colorburst Pink Ice but other than that, I would stick to the Revlon Super Lustrous glosses.

*EDIT* I actually really learned to like these glosses more. I think the name "Colorburst" is a bit misleading since they aren't too pigmented. However, the gloss is pretty high quality and I would recommend it to anyone who is a Revlon fan. If you are looking for an opaque gloss, this isn't for you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have Fire and Strawberry. I bought this for the formula, which is incredible -- buttery and creamy and deeply moisturizing with hyaluronic acid and collagen.

Strawberry is a bright, pigmented reddish pink with gold shimmer. It looks neutral and natural when blotted and toned down.

Fire is surprisingly neutral for such a bright-looking red. On my lips, the color looks like ripe cherries with a slight gold shimmer. If I apply a thick layer, it is definitely bright, with a pink undertone, but blotting helps tone it down.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Strawberry, and I really like it. To me it's like a cross between a lipstick and a lipgloss.
The color is very pigmented and bright, and it stays glossy for a fair amount of time (about 2 hours). Then when the gloss fades, I'm still left with color on my lips, like I'm wearing lipstick, which usually doesn't happen with glosses, usually the color disappears first and I'm left with glossy lips. It doesn't seem to dry my lips.
I cannot feel the glitter at all. The shape of the applicator is unusual, but it allows for precise application.
The only thing I don't like is the scent...I cannot even say what it smells like, but I prefer the SL scent by far.
I am happy with this purchase, I will buy more shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by deb2382

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A good drugstore lipgloss! The packaging is clearly an homage to Chanel, which makes it feel expensive;) This is way more pigmented than the regular Revlon glosses in the shorter tubes. For me, the formula is very moisturizing without being sticky. I do agree with a previous reviewer that the range of shades is VERY limited - with only a few exceptions, all of the shades kind of look the same. I hope Revlon comes out with new shades, because this is a good drugstore product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2011 12:09:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I recently bought this gloss in Sienna Sparkle and I love it! It's very pigmented and is almost like a liquid lipstick rather than a gloss. It has a slight sparkle and it's creamy and has pretty good staying power for a gloss. I also like the classy packaging... it looks similar to a Chanel Glossimer. The color I chose is perfect for my coloring and is now my every day go-to gloss. I highly recommend trying this gloss.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by Chiquilla01

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

purchased this in Strawberry. the color on the outside is fabulous.. its a hot pinkish color, with some sparkle.. looks unbelievably pigmented.. i was so happy with the purchase, until i put this on.. yet another disappointing product from Revlon.. hardly any pigmentation, and seems too slippery in texture.. i am a MAC lipglass girl, and with the recent economy, have not been purchasing any MAC products.. i was hoping this was going to be a cheap alternative. sadly, it doesn't even come close. waste of money, yet again.. going back for sure..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Xuxa13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These glosses are great and IMHO, waay better than Super Lustrous. The pigmentation and staying power are superior. I don't detect any smell or taste at all. I bought Rosegold (beautiful peachy pink), Sunset Peach (sheer peach), and Gold Dust (perfect sheerish nude). All three shades are shimmery, but I don't mind that. I loved them so much I bought Strawberry later (very pigmented red/pink). Of the four I own, I would say that Sunset Peach is the least "wow". They last through morning coffee, no touch up required until close to lunch. Would def buy again. Price is about average for a d/s gloss and well worth it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by vanbergc

I've bought several of the glosses, and if you don't look real hard, they all look the same. The pigment is low, the sparkle high. They're disappointing. Try NYX, Neutrogena, or Clinique instead. These are a miss...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by butterflyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the shades crystal lilac and sunset peach. Unfortunately they don't look like much on my pigmented lips. I don't like the odd shaped applicator either. My last complaint is the scent. Usually scented makeup doesn't bother me but this smell is just odd. Im not sure how to describe it. I like the super lustrous glosses so much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 2:03:00 PM More reviews by wutwut

Just purchsed this gloss in Crystal Lilac. It's one of the new shades; a soft pink with purple undertones. First of all, the applicator is oddly shaped. I find it difficult to get the right amount of product out. Secondly, while beautiful in the tube, I find the color to be rather unremarkable. Not terribly pigmented. Not very long-lasting. It leaves a sheen, but hardly any color. I'm a big fan of Revlon products, but this is one I would definitely not recommend.