October 24, 2014 | 1256 users online

Eye Shadow - Elizabeth Arden - Eyeshadow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2003 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Cynful456

I received a GWP of Elizabeth Arden's matte shadows in a swap. It's too bad, because after reading how EA was one of the first successful makeup lines, I was excited, but disappointed after sampling these.

They were chalky, and lacked pigment. I tested the shimmers once at a counter, which is why I expected so much more. However, the matte shades are something to be passed up.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2003 7:38:00 PM More reviews by gloryDOTcom

Mom got this as a present and since she wasn't using it I took it. Can't waste makeup ;-D

I've got 3 makeup quads with 3 blushes per quad:

Blushes:
Natural Red
Wild Violet
Tearose

The eyeshadow colors vary but the ones that I use most often (Cool Canyon and Nude) go well for my complexion. I use the charcoal every now and then too and it creates a nice smokey eyed look. It's kind of hard to apply but and it really only lasts about 4 hours for me so I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

If I found this in my mom's dead makeup stash again I'd use it, but you wouldn't catch me dead buying this stuff for full price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2003 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jenvince

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I received an EA eyeshadow quad in a swap. There are no names of colors - there is an off-white matte, a dark peach shimmer, a medium brown shimmer and a medium burgundy matte. I find myself reaching for this almost every day. I really like the peach and brown, and use the burgundy to line. Anyways, the eyeshadow has great staying power, am really happy with the formula (I guess that's what you'd call it). I would definitely be interested in trying other EA shadows. Have liked this one a lot - glad I swapped for it!