September 19, 2014 | 1684 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 2:03:00 AM More reviews by mariapastel

I think of all the powder makeups I have tried from Estee Lauder double compact to sephora matting, Revlon ColorStay Aqua works for my acne prone and sensitive skin. This make up is free of TALC AND BISMUTH and does not make me break out or irritate my skin. The coverage is medium and can be build able coverage. Although I want to say the tones are a bit off. I have a pale, yellow undertone to my medium skin color but I can still work with it. It did not cause me black heads like MAC did. So I think I will be purchasing this in the future.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

This is about the most bizarre product. It feels cold and watery when I apply, as if it's turning into a liquid as it hits the skin; but it's not blendable or spreadable at all. I've tried it with several brushes: the dreadful little thing they include (I'd rather they knocked a few bucks off, because come on), a MAC foundation brush, a kabuki brush, and a powder puff. I'd say the foundation brush was the closest thing to a success. Coverage is very very light, yet somewhat uneven (that's with or without moisturizer underneath). I could even it out by adding layers but it made for a lengthy application process, and any areas that got doubled-down looked patchy and flakey from the shimmery pigment. I can see this working for a person with already perfect skin who just wants a faint allover glow, but that's not what foundation's for IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by pinktutupuggy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this is only 3 lippies! I live in a tropical country and I don't go for heavy coverage. The packaging comes with a pretty decent dense brush that is soft, but I use my kabuki brush to save tume in applying. If you want a matte coverage this is not for you. I think people's main problem with this is the sparkles. I'm not such a fan of sparkle myself but to be fair to the product, package-wise and formulation-wise Revlon has nailed it again for me.

This sells for about $30-33 in my country, depending on the exchange rate but I think it's worth it. I usually use moisturizer and put this on top and it's still there at the end of the day. If you don't like too much sparkles, then you could use a lighter hand and build up. Personally, I think the sparkles are great, it's barely noticeable and gives me a a sort of photo-ready face without having to use highlighters.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by SashaMarieable

AMAZING. I have extremely acneprone skin, and I currently have quite a bit of acne and scarring, and I have always had trouble finding a makeup that covers my blemishes and also looks natural, and this is awesome. I apply spot cover up to my most sever spots, a little bit of foundation, and then the powder. It makes my skin look flawless and perfect. No shine, perfect color, it makes me look like I have naturally clear skin. It is a little pricey, I got it for about 11 dollars at walmart, but it is totally worth it for the absolute coverage it gives. Would totally recommend it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2012 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Thanks God I got this for free.
The sparkles are really too much. The watery texture is weird and because of that as others said its hard to get the right amount of the product on your skin and spread it evenly.
It covers ok but my skin gets oily really fast with this. Plus it really really accenturates my pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupalleyjenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

You know what, I actually really liked the feeling when applied. Some people found the wet feeling a little gross, I found it refreshing. I think it had decent coverage. However, I HATED the sparkles. I felt like a little girl with sparkles all over my face, it ruins the "natural" look and just looked stupid to me. I found that it was way too shimmery and that totally ruined everything else for me. I will not be repurchasing based on that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was very disappointed with this product. I have used both the Prescriptives version and also the Almay one and had great results with both. I thought this would be good since Almay & Revlon are made by the same company but this was nowhere near as good as the Almay Wakeup one. This cakes and doesn't apply smoothly. Also has about NO coverage, at all, even applied over a liquid/cream foundation. To make things even worse, instead of making my pores and fine lines look less noticeable, this just made them stand out more...which has not been my experience with the Almay version. I gave it 2 lippies due to having a decent shade selection and because I like the foundation style brush. But I don't recommend and I won't buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/26/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Natura11

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought that this didn't live up to what it was supposed to do. The coverage was not colorstay and I thought that the pigmentation was bad. Considering all the carcinogenic ingredients in this product, I thought that this wasn't worth it at all. I mean maybe for $5. But I was kinda in a rush and HAD to pick something up so I got this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sometimes when a product becomes a joke, that's when you wonder if a company truly takes seriously what they do. This Aqua BS of a foundation should never EVER have existed. This is a bonafide shimmer powder with a fancy name. Yes it feels "cool", but seriously, if that's all that you do (this coolness goes away in seconds, makes your face cakey) how can you justify 14$ mark-up? If you want to feel cool with your foundation, try this old school trick I used in highschool during the 90s. Get good oldfashioned Noxema (5$) Apply it to your face, rinse your face and proceed with your foundation routine. You will feel the coolness, it makes your face feel good and you still have 10$ to decide which nail polishes you want to purchase. Avoid this Aqua BS.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Joey_is_Me

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A couple of years ago, i gave mineral foundation a try. I did not like Bareminerals. I found this on sale at Winners (Canadian store) for $10 and it even came with a blush. I was originally using this on top on my regular foundation, but have recently tried it on it's own. It gives a nice sheer coverage. I love that it goes on wet. It reminds me of the discontinued Prescriptives powder I used to love. My problem with the Bareminerals was it showed my dry skin/flakes, but it doesn't seem to be the case with this Revlon product.