Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup

3.1

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide (3.7%). Non-Medicinal/Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Mica, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Chloride, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Viola Tricolor Extract, Methicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499).

on 10/9/2012 4:37:00 AM

Overall this product is ok. I found it was quite hard to blend into my face, and if you used too much then it made your face appear very powdery. I didn't mind the water feel as you applied the product, didn't love it either though. The little brush it comes with is completely useless! It's so tiny, so I use my own. When the product is applied right with the right quantity with your own brush, it has good results.

on 10/3/2012 1:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my first mineral foundation, and so far I like it. I have received several complements from friends and perfect strangers about how nice my skin looks wearing this. I do have to wear concealer underneath because there isn't enough coverage in the powder to conceal dark spots or blemishes. There is some sparkle in the product that I can see when I swatch it on my hand, but it's not visible on my face.

I'm pretty pleased with this product and may repurchase later when I run out.

on 9/20/2012 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a very natural product in the look it gives. I think this product is finer texture than bare minerals. This doesnt exaggerate pores like other mineral makeups do. I receive compliments when I wear this. It is a good price for me. Its a good item in my makeup routine.

on 9/18/2012 2:03:00 AM

I think of all the powder makeups I have tried from Estee Lauder double compact to sephora matting, Revlon ColorStay Aqua works for my acne prone and sensitive skin. This make up is free of TALC AND BISMUTH and does not make me break out or irritate my skin. The coverage is medium and can be build able coverage. Although I want to say the tones are a bit off. I have a pale, yellow undertone to my medium skin color but I can still work with it. It did not cause me black heads like MAC did. So I think I will be purchasing this in the future.

on 9/17/2012 9:16:00 PM

This is about the most bizarre product. It feels cold and watery when I apply, as if it's turning into a liquid as it hits the skin; but it's not blendable or spreadable at all. I've tried it with several brushes: the dreadful little thing they include (I'd rather they knocked a few bucks off, because come on), a MAC foundation brush, a kabuki brush, and a powder puff. I'd say the foundation brush was the closest thing to a success. Coverage is very very light, yet somewhat uneven (that's with or without moisturizer underneath). I could even it out by adding layers but it made for a lengthy application process, and any areas that got doubled-down looked patchy and flakey from the shimmery pigment. I can see this working for a person with already perfect skin who just wants a faint allover glow, but that's not what foundation's for IMO.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I can't believe this is only 3 lippies! I live in a tropical country and I don't go for heavy coverage. The packaging comes with a pretty decent dense brush that is soft, but I use my kabuki brush to save tume in applying. If you want a matte coverage this is not for you. I think people's main problem with this is the sparkles. I'm not such a fan of sparkle myself but to be fair to the product, package-wise and formulation-wise Revlon has nailed it again for me.

This sells for about $30-33 in my country, depending on the exchange rate but I think it's worth it. I usually use moisturizer and put this on top and it's still there at the end of the day. If you don't like too much sparkles, then you could use a lighter hand and build up. Personally, I think the sparkles are great, it's barely noticeable and gives me a a sort of photo-ready face without having to use highlighters.

AMAZING. I have extremely acneprone skin, and I currently have quite a bit of acne and scarring, and I have always had trouble finding a makeup that covers my blemishes and also looks natural, and this is awesome. I apply spot cover up to my most sever spots, a little bit of foundation, and then the powder. It makes my skin look flawless and perfect. No shine, perfect color, it makes me look like I have naturally clear skin. It is a little pricey, I got it for about 11 dollars at walmart, but it is totally worth it for the absolute coverage it gives. Would totally recommend it.

on 8/9/2012 10:14:00 PM

Thanks God I got this for free.
The sparkles are really too much. The watery texture is weird and because of that as others said its hard to get the right amount of the product on your skin and spread it evenly.
It covers ok but my skin gets oily really fast with this. Plus it really really accenturates my pores.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

You know what, I actually really liked the feeling when applied. Some people found the wet feeling a little gross, I found it refreshing. I think it had decent coverage. However, I HATED the sparkles. I felt like a little girl with sparkles all over my face, it ruins the "natural" look and just looked stupid to me. I found that it was way too shimmery and that totally ruined everything else for me. I will not be repurchasing based on that.

on 7/31/2012 12:49:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was very disappointed with this product. I have used both the Prescriptives version and also the Almay one and had great results with both. I thought this would be good since Almay & Revlon are made by the same company but this was nowhere near as good as the Almay Wakeup one. This cakes and doesn't apply smoothly. Also has about NO coverage, at all, even applied over a liquid/cream foundation. To make things even worse, instead of making my pores and fine lines look less noticeable, this just made them stand out more...which has not been my experience with the Almay version. I gave it 2 lippies due to having a decent shade selection and because I like the foundation style brush. But I don't recommend and I won't buy it again.