September 2, 2014 | 1781 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Qtraro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, I recently got Loreal Infallible to try instead and it has nothing on the Colorstay foundtion. Colorstay is so much better now they have the pump bottle I used to make such a mess with it. The only issue I have with Colorstay is it is so expensive in New Zealand around $45nzd for a bottle... but I guess you've gotta pay for quality.

Things I love most
    - It does what it says, it doesn't budge all day and sets quick and evenly
    - Easy to apply
    - Good colour range
    - Pump bottle so no product wastage
    - Oily/Combination doesn't dry my skin

Overall love it nothing else comes close.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by Bafisher13

I have been using this product for about 10 years .. Absolutely loved this foundation never used anything else until I noticed spring of this year they changed the formula.. It stopped staying on coming off on my clothes kinda like slipping off made my face really oily. So sad I wish they would change back.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by haleyanna19

Just another positive review here for color stay. I used this in high school and hated it, I looked so cakey....read all the good reviews here and decided to try it again since it had been about 5 yrs since I used it. Nice coverage, good color range...stays put through my 13 hour shift as a RN. What more can I say? Try it out ladies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by ayokristi

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I think I've bought about 10 bottles or since I discovered it. I love the coverage, especially since i have some acne, and many dark sports. It makes my face look close to perfect. It really does stay on all day long, from morning till 10 PM. It's my favorite, and I've tried many foundations.
    The cons are that it's kind of heavy for everyday and somewhat cakey. Also, I don't like the glass bottle because its heavy and can break easily in my purse.
    But overall, I really love this product and I don't know what I'd do if they ever took it off the shelves.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by xxpopopxx

This has been one of my favourite foundations these past years. One of the best things about this foundation is has excellent coverage. After long hours this foundation will still stick to your face. However you would definitely need to set it with powder though or can come across as kind of too dewy or oily. I'm pretty sure if went swimming with this on it will still stay on your face !

My big problem with this is that it can be too much coverage, as in it's really heavy. So if you don't have much acne or only need light coverage I don't think this would be the best foundation. Another thing is the bottle design is absolutely horrible! There is no pump so every time I try pour it out I always end up pouring too much !

Despite the cons this will always remain one of my favourite drugstore foundations and my go to foundation if my face have some serious spots to cover up !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by katie979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

About me: NC25 / combo (but reeeally oily during summer) / acne prone

I have to say I really love this!!! I got the combo/oily skin formula in Sand Beige and it matches perfectly. Of all foundations I've ever used this is the best. I think it's my HG :)

It really lasts all day long, I put it on at 6am and by 3pm it still looks good. It depends on the weather if I need to touch up or not, but if I do it's only once.

During the day I apply it with my fingers to achieve medium coverage (and whenever I feel like I put trasclucent powder on top to set, again, depends on the weather) , and when I'm going out at night I use a foundation brush to get full coverage.

The only con is that the bottle does not come with a pump which is really annoying ... I still give it 5 lippies though.

It is a bit pricey to be a DS product but it's worth it, I will repurchase when I run out of it!

Combo and oily gals give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by poppy606

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly to explain my lippie ratings. I gave it an overall of 5, as I feel for a drugstore product it really delivers. The price is ok, and the packaging I think is great as I got it in a glass bottle with a pump...can't ask for better than that.

I got the normal to dry formula for a few reasons. Firstly, I always use a setting powder so do not require a completely matte finish. Also I have always found that matte foundations oxidise more than their semi-matte counterparts. A lot of people complain about chalkiness, you tend to avoid the caking and chalkiness if your foundation is not entirely matte, as it is the additives in the foundations that cause them to dry on your skin, that also causes oxidation and caking.

I also find the normal to dry skin formula very easy to work with. It is buildable and gives a very even finish, and looks very smooth when finished off with a setting powder. I also use translucent powders, or blot powder as I do not want to add any color by way of powder.

I have this product in the lightest shade, ivory. It is a nice match for my pale skin. The staying power is very good, and is easy to touch up (much easier than the drier combination/oily option).

I know a lot of people like a very matte product, but I think this is a mistake, especially for more mature skins. Try the normal to dry version. It does not completely dry into your fine lines, and gives a much more silky and youthful look to your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Samiraaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation had extremely good coverage, and is easy to layer. I have medium to severe acne and I have oily/combination skin. I love how my skin doesn't get too greasy when I wear it and it keeps me from getting shiny for hours. It also stays put- even without a primer. The only thing I don't like is that I couldn't find a color that matches my skin nicely and it feels VERY thick and heavy on my face. This NEEDS to be set with a powder no matter what, or else it will feel very heavy on your face and will get oily pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by lauraellen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use the combination one, in Ivory. I used to mix Ivory with Buff as it seemed perfect for my skin tone, but I now think that's a little too dark. Lasts all day although I frequently blot and powder. Doesn't slip off and doesn't feel like a mask. My trusted foundation and the best I've found so far. I'm on a quest to find a BB Cream in the same shade with the same qualities.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by kels1190

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this foundation for a while, and it was acceptable. It just seems like it doesn't cover, and just really works like a tinted lotion I guess? I try to put enough on, but it doesn't seem to cover very well. If that makes sense, I don't know. I recently switched to Mac. It costs more, but everything more expensive, usually is that way for a reason: It works well. But if I don't have quick access to Mac, I guess I may prchase this again. I think after I found something better, it made this foundation look worse to me.