September 19, 2014 | 983 users online

Loose Powders - MAC - Iridescent Powder - Golden Bronze

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2006 5:23:00 PM More reviews by donthate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Description: (Golden brown with golden bronze shimmer) This comes in a large tub with a sifter and is very finely milled.

Good? I loooove this color as an eyeshadow! It is gorgeous! A golden bronze color with multicolored iridescence, very finely milled (much moreso than MAC pigments), easy to blend, just really, really pretty! A perfect shimmery natural color that brightens up the face. I can see it adding a nice glow if you mix a little into foundation, and I could also see it adding a gorgeous gold tint to lips! I actually think this product would be best as a pigment instead of a loose powder. As a body powder it would probably work, and, for photography, or for more dramatic effects this would be a nice face powder.

Bad? So much of the product comes to the top of the sifter and won't sift back down! How annoying! Also as a face powder I find it way too shimmery for a normal day look, as a blush, bronzer, or even a highlight, unless maybe I apply it so that the brush barely barely touches my face. Like I said before probably best for more dramatic effects if used on face. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2005 2:46:00 AM More reviews by oopsa_daisies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! It comes in a big 12g/0.42oz pot. I hate glittery products where you can feel and see the sparkly/shimmery bits, so this is perfect because the iridescent powder is just that - powder. It gives a sun-kissed glow on your face and can also be used on decollatage, legs etc. Definitely repurchase when it runs out. Still have more than half to go yet, lol.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2005 3:31:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love love this powder! it can be used in a lot of ways! :) you can use it as a loose eyeshadow, as a shimmery highlighter/bronzer or mixed with baby oil or body lotion and applied to your body for a subltle sunkissed glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2005 12:03:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm generally not too fond of loose powders, especially not for my face because I feel that they make a mess. This product is an exception. It works well with my GGG skin and I can see myself using it during the day (only for summer) and night. At night time I think I will apply this to my body too because its very flattering and the shimmer is not too OTT on my tan skin. On my face I apply it sparingly but it gives me a glow. I would recommend it to GGG/CCC girls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2005 12:08:00 PM More reviews by CWHF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. It looks like me only better. It warms my face and makes me look alive (esp in pale winter). My only negative is the container---it makes it easy to overapply. Properly applied though, this is gorgeous and it gives you a great natural slightly shimmery glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2004 1:32:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This has the same refined texture of Silver Dusk. Golden Bronze describes the color perfectly- it's a light golden bronze that adds just a hint of warmth to the face. I don't recommend it as a bronzer because it's very shimmery and pigmented (it will make you look like a disco ball). A beautiful color and is a must have!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by adozenblueroses

So far I'm impressed. I use this as a bronze/blush on my cheeks, and it looks nice. I'm not tanned enough to use it all over, as it is a tad strong. I'm looking forward to trying it mixed in with a moisturizer, for a sparkly effect. Otherwise, this is quite similar to Clinique's discontinued 'Glow Crazy'. Very highly pigmented, and as other users have said, to lighten up the color you might need to mix it with a lighter loose powder. I might try adding this to my every day loose powder for a bit of a subtle summery shimmer. *Update* As a powder, it needs to be used very lightly especially on the cheeks. Can be overdone easily, with overwhelming shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2004 8:22:00 PM More reviews by naima

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This gets a general eh from me. It's OK.

When I dust this powder dry over my GGG skin, I just shine. There's nothing subtle, sexy or glamorous about it. When I dust it on my cheekbones, it emphasizes my pores -- not a look I'm going for. It's OK on my brow bone.

It's a different story when I mix it in my moisturizer. I pump moisturizer into my palm, then tap a bit of the powder into the cream, mix and apply. It leaves my skin with a nice, healthy glow. It's pretty good during the day, but it's especially nice for night time.

I'd recommend getting sample, which will last, rather than getting the full-sized container. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2004 3:00:00 AM More reviews by prettyangel

Very shimmery so apply lightly!! The price is 18.50 for a huge jar! Though i know that MAC has reduced the jar size on the silver dusk by more then half!! So you better hurry to buy the big jar before they run out. I use it over my bronzer for a bit of a glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2003 12:13:00 AM More reviews by RaquelZel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very nice product... you get a huge amount for the price and it serves a lot of purposes (makes a gorgeous eyeshadow). As much as I like it, I had to dock one lipstick from its score because it can be a little over-the-top... the color is nice and warm, but the pigmentation is so strong that this is something that you have to dilute with other powders to use on your face. Still, the texture is great... really enjoy it.