October 22, 2014 | 2024 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by ocicat

Tried this when it was released a few months ago. Noticed smoother skin after the first application, but results stopped after that. Probably because I already have pretty good skin, with no real issues, and I'm quite young (nearly 30 but skin looks much younger).
Can sting on first application, but adapts with time. I also use her 2% BHA lotion, so found this to not make any further improvements.
Only recently realized that this is not that 'new'- she has had 10% AHA body lotion for quite a few years. I have no issues with using her body products on my face, because as she rightly says, if it suits your skin type, face and body products can be used interchangeably (and I have been using her 2% BHA body lotion on face and body for many years).
So, I've given this to mum (she loved the results- smooth skin). And as for myself, using 2%BHA face lotion nightly, plus BHA9 as spot treatment on blackheads (nose). Use 2%BHA and 10% AHA body lotion on my body- BHA for oily areas (chest, back), AHA on limbs and hands/feet. Great results! (Hydrating mask as additional moistuiser, Superantioxidant Concentrate too).
Paula's products are truly great! I've been using them for over 10 years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2012 8:06:00 PM More reviews by heather

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Yes, this definitely works. However, it is truly a weekly treatment for me; if I try to use it more often than weekly I end up with a face full of irritation. I'm now alternating this every 3-4 evenings with M2 HP Skin Refinish 20%. I use PC BHA on the nights I don't use either of these. As effective as this product is, the price is very reasonable. I apply with fingertips, as I don't want to waste any of this on a cotton ball. I do recommend starting with a sample and patch-testing with this product, especially if you are used to a 10% (or more) AHA product that is not as effective as this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ssaddle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I apply this with my fingertips, careful not to waste it by dripping since its a fluid. In the morning my skin is actually radiant, its really impressive! I have sensitive skin and was worried about irritation but that hasn't happened and I've been using this for a few months now. End result has been a more even skin tone, smoother skin, everything feels tighter. Love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is THE best thing that has happened to my skin. And a lot of great things have happened to my skin.
It gives the same (or even better) results to MUAC's famous peels, in that this is done weekly, and there's no actual peeling.

Just. Fresh. Glowing. Skin.
Add even-toned to the mix as well.

I think I've lost any signs of any nasolabial folds I have.
My skin is plump, fresh, like I ate some collagen for breakfast, and it went to my face in all the right places.

Come on people, the price is MINISCULE compared to what this does.
Think what an office peel costs *shudder*. Now you can have the same effects. Weekly. In the comforts of your home.

Try it, you won't regret it! ;)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lealeakau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS! I leave it on over night and wake up with smooth and even skin. Also helped clear up some blemishes. A little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts a while. I've noticed that makeup goes on much better after I've used this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Harriet90

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is the best AHA I've ever bought. I've had professional peels, and this product works as well as some the lighter ones I've had. It makes my skin look great. Worth the price, which I personally don't think is that steep considering the product actually works. I've paid for more for products that don't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

As an esthetician I am always hunting for great products. Staying out of the sun, and exfoliation are the top two ways to keep your skin looking great.

The Pro's
1. Fantastic exfoliation, period. I use this 3-4 times a week which is only ok if your skin is used to exfoliation, I do peels 1x a week and have been into retinol for 10 years.
2. Use a dime size amount in your hand, don't bother with cotton it just soaks up product. I put a heavy moisturizer over it and wake up with dewy, baby soft skin.

If you do not exfoliate regularly this may stir up some acne as it will purge your skin, don't give up.

The Con's
1. The packaging. Would be better with a dropper, it's hard to estimate the product
2. The price. It's steep but I have not found a comparable product yet so I will keep buying it. It's like the worlds most expensive toner for me.

My skin has never looked better and I am getting compliments left and right. I also use a Derma Roller 5x a week and swear by it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by minervajulia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is way too expensive for what it does... it works, but almost $30 for a 2 oz bottle puts it out of my league. It would have to *actually* resurface my skin to make it worth it, and it doesn't do that, even at 3X a week. It *does* exfoliate, it's just not the miraculous product I wish it were (and which the name and price suggest)...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by rmt2104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! The morning after applying it, my skin always looks revived and rejuvenated. And it's absolutely helped me almost completely fade of a new fine line that was starting to develop under one of my eyes. Love this product, highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this in conjuction with other RESIST products. I am blessed with quite clear skin, however these products have made a tremendous difference to its luminosity, eveness, fading of sun spots and general well-being.
I use it only once a week, although I think my skin would cope with it twice weekly. When I wake up after each time I've used it, my face glows. Fantastic product, I only wish it came in a different formulation since the liquid is a bit to hard to apply without wastage (I just put some directly in my palm, to avoid product loss due to cotton-ball absorption). It goes without saying that I'll keep buying it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No