Paula's Choice RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Methylpropanediol (slip agent/penetration enhancer), Glycolic Acid (alpha hydroxy acid/exfoliant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (water-binding agent), Sodium Hydroxide (pH adjuster), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C/antioxidant), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritants), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant),Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (anti-irritants), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Extract, Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (antioxidants), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Lamium Album (White Nettle) Flower Extract (antioxidant), Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Ulmus Fulva (Slippery Elm) Bark Extract (anti-irritants), Glycerin (skin-identical ingredient), Allantoin (anti-irritant) Propylene Glycol (solvent), Tetrasodium EDTA (chelating agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). 6/23/11

on 10/28/2012 10:29:00 AM

I'm going to keep on using this. My skin tone seems to have evened out, and a few tiny bumps I have at the side of my head seem to have decreased, although not gone.I wouldn't say this is a miracle product, but i suppose it depends on your skin to begin with.I haven't experienced any peeling or flaking with this, but to be honest, I really don't think this is a good sign. I'd stop using it if that happened.I use this twice a week and I think that's adequate.I know us women love to look after our skin, but you can over exfoliate and that can do more harm than good. It's so important to get the right balance.This is very powerful stuff, but used sensibly is a great product.

on 10/23/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I'm 46, and my skin now looks better than it did when I was 30. I first credit Obagi Nu Derm and Retin-a (and of course the Clarisonic Mia) which have dramatically improved uneven tone and discoloration, but since I started Paula's Choice Weekly Resist it has become noticeably better, going from great to amazing. I should add that I did get a few pimples when I first started using it, but now I get none or only tiny ones very rarely. I used to get compliments on my skin; but now people seem enthralled and want to know exactly what I'm doing. I use this stuff after cleansing with alcohol, not Paula's Choice Toner (which I use otherwise), once or twice a week, and I sleep with it on. The first few times I peeled about three days later. I still peel a few days later, but the amount of peeling has decreased. After I get out of the shower these days, and go to dab my concealer on brown and red spots from pimples, etc., I am still surprised that I don't need it. Anywhere. All the post-acne hyperpigmentation that stubbornly persisted is now gone, and I can forget about the laser treatments I was considering.

on 10/11/2012 8:36:00 PM

Tried this when it was released a few months ago. Noticed smoother skin after the first application, but results stopped after that. Probably because I already have pretty good skin, with no real issues, and I'm quite young (nearly 30 but skin looks much younger).
Can sting on first application, but adapts with time. I also use her 2% BHA lotion, so found this to not make any further improvements.
Only recently realized that this is not that 'new'- she has had 10% AHA body lotion for quite a few years. I have no issues with using her body products on my face, because as she rightly says, if it suits your skin type, face and body products can be used interchangeably (and I have been using her 2% BHA body lotion on face and body for many years).
So, I've given this to mum (she loved the results- smooth skin). And as for myself, using 2%BHA face lotion nightly, plus BHA9 as spot treatment on blackheads (nose). Use 2%BHA and 10% AHA body lotion on my body- BHA for oily areas (chest, back), AHA on limbs and hands/feet. Great results! (Hydrating mask as additional moistuiser, Superantioxidant Concentrate too).
Paula's products are truly great! I've been using them for over 10 years!

on 10/9/2012 8:06:00 PM

Yes, this definitely works. However, it is truly a weekly treatment for me; if I try to use it more often than weekly I end up with a face full of irritation. I'm now alternating this every 3-4 evenings with M2 HP Skin Refinish 20%. I use PC BHA on the nights I don't use either of these. As effective as this product is, the price is very reasonable. I apply with fingertips, as I don't want to waste any of this on a cotton ball. I do recommend starting with a sample and patch-testing with this product, especially if you are used to a 10% (or more) AHA product that is not as effective as this.

on 10/9/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I apply this with my fingertips, careful not to waste it by dripping since its a fluid. In the morning my skin is actually radiant, its really impressive! I have sensitive skin and was worried about irritation but that hasn't happened and I've been using this for a few months now. End result has been a more even skin tone, smoother skin, everything feels tighter. Love this stuff!

on 10/6/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is THE best thing that has happened to my skin. And a lot of great things have happened to my skin.
It gives the same (or even better) results to MUAC's famous peels, in that this is done weekly, and there's no actual peeling.

Just. Fresh. Glowing. Skin.
Add even-toned to the mix as well.

I think I've lost any signs of any nasolabial folds I have.
My skin is plump, fresh, like I ate some collagen for breakfast, and it went to my face in all the right places.

Come on people, the price is MINISCULE compared to what this does.
Think what an office peel costs *shudder*. Now you can have the same effects. Weekly. In the comforts of your home.

Try it, you won't regret it! ;)

on 10/2/2012 9:35:00 PM

LOVE THIS! I leave it on over night and wake up with smooth and even skin. Also helped clear up some blemishes. A little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts a while. I've noticed that makeup goes on much better after I've used this.

on 9/26/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I think this is the best AHA I've ever bought. I've had professional peels, and this product works as well as some the lighter ones I've had. It makes my skin look great. Worth the price, which I personally don't think is that steep considering the product actually works. I've paid for more for products that don't work.

on 9/26/2012 1:05:00 PM

As an esthetician I am always hunting for great products. Staying out of the sun, and exfoliation are the top two ways to keep your skin looking great.

The Pro's
1. Fantastic exfoliation, period. I use this 3-4 times a week which is only ok if your skin is used to exfoliation, I do peels 1x a week and have been into retinol for 10 years.
2. Use a dime size amount in your hand, don't bother with cotton it just soaks up product. I put a heavy moisturizer over it and wake up with dewy, baby soft skin.

If you do not exfoliate regularly this may stir up some acne as it will purge your skin, don't give up.

The Con's
1. The packaging. Would be better with a dropper, it's hard to estimate the product
2. The price. It's steep but I have not found a comparable product yet so I will keep buying it. It's like the worlds most expensive toner for me.

My skin has never looked better and I am getting compliments left and right. I also use a Derma Roller 5x a week and swear by it.

on 9/16/2012 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

This stuff is way too expensive for what it does... it works, but almost $30 for a 2 oz bottle puts it out of my league. It would have to *actually* resurface my skin to make it worth it, and it doesn't do that, even at 3X a week. It *does* exfoliate, it's just not the miraculous product I wish it were (and which the name and price suggest)...

Popular Treatments (Face)