July 30, 2014 | 995 users online

Treatments (Face) - Paula's Choice - RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by lealeakau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS! I leave it on over night and wake up with smooth and even skin. Also helped clear up some blemishes. A little goes a long way, so the bottle lasts a while. I've noticed that makeup goes on much better after I've used this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Harriet90

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think this is the best AHA I've ever bought. I've had professional peels, and this product works as well as some the lighter ones I've had. It makes my skin look great. Worth the price, which I personally don't think is that steep considering the product actually works. I've paid for more for products that don't work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

As an esthetician I am always hunting for great products. Staying out of the sun, and exfoliation are the top two ways to keep your skin looking great.

The Pro's
1. Fantastic exfoliation, period. I use this 3-4 times a week which is only ok if your skin is used to exfoliation, I do peels 1x a week and have been into retinol for 10 years.
2. Use a dime size amount in your hand, don't bother with cotton it just soaks up product. I put a heavy moisturizer over it and wake up with dewy, baby soft skin.

If you do not exfoliate regularly this may stir up some acne as it will purge your skin, don't give up.

The Con's
1. The packaging. Would be better with a dropper, it's hard to estimate the product
2. The price. It's steep but I have not found a comparable product yet so I will keep buying it. It's like the worlds most expensive toner for me.

My skin has never looked better and I am getting compliments left and right. I also use a Derma Roller 5x a week and swear by it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by minervajulia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is way too expensive for what it does... it works, but almost $30 for a 2 oz bottle puts it out of my league. It would have to *actually* resurface my skin to make it worth it, and it doesn't do that, even at 3X a week. It *does* exfoliate, it's just not the miraculous product I wish it were (and which the name and price suggest)...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by rmt2104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awesome! The morning after applying it, my skin always looks revived and rejuvenated. And it's absolutely helped me almost completely fade of a new fine line that was starting to develop under one of my eyes. Love this product, highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by artemis16

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this in conjuction with other RESIST products. I am blessed with quite clear skin, however these products have made a tremendous difference to its luminosity, eveness, fading of sun spots and general well-being.
I use it only once a week, although I think my skin would cope with it twice weekly. When I wake up after each time I've used it, my face glows. Fantastic product, I only wish it came in a different formulation since the liquid is a bit to hard to apply without wastage (I just put some directly in my palm, to avoid product loss due to cotton-ball absorption). It goes without saying that I'll keep buying it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Whoa. This product rocks my socks!!! I bought several PC samples including this one. I applied last night and am so thrilled with the results I plan on buying a full bottle today. The best thing I noticed this morning is that the two milia I had on my cheek just below my eye are almost completely gone. I think one more application of this product would completely knock them out!! I also had several mystery bumps along my hairline that are flat out gone. Yes, it's expensive but man, so worth it to me. Liquid gold, people. Liquid GOLD!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 2:26:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

This stuff is flat out AWESOME. I have never used a product that has made such a huge difference literally overnight. I have to restrain myself to use it only weekly so I don't burn out my skin and make it all flaky. It just makes that much difference to the texture. Big big fan.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Joyce7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Thank you once again MUA! I bought this because of all the great reviews here - I got a great deal on this on eBay. I have been using this a couple times a week (I have very hardy skin, having been on Retin A .1% since I was 25) and as other reviewers have noted, this exfoliates like crazy. And that's a good thing, because it really seems to compliment the Retin A in terms of evening out my skin tone. Another thing I just realized is that I haven't had a breakout since I started using this, and I am very breakout prone. I really think this treatment could be used by anyone except those with very sensitive skin as it seems to keep pores clean and does a great job of fading sun damage and acne marks.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by XFOLI8R

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Whoa, this exfoliated the HELL out of my skin, and left me with an almost creepily smooth and shiny face for a 48-year-old. And I only left it on for an hour and a half! Strong stuff, for sure. The sample I tried didn't irritate or burn me (though it did sting when I put it on), or cause my skin to peel or flake; it was just terrifyingly effective. If you have dull skin or clogged pores, you almost certainly won't after using this. Definitely apply a soothing/moisturizing lotion or cream right after rinsing this off. This will likely be more useful when I'm a bit older; for now I'll stick with milder exfoliants (like PC's 2% BHA and 5% AHA) for regular use, and buy samples of this to use once a month or so. Edit: I'm giving it 5 lippies for freaking me out with its EXFOLIATING POWER without doing any damage. :D

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No