April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Lips - MAC - Lustre in Lovelorn

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

MAC Lovelorn was a total impulse buy on a giftcard -- looking at it in the tube, I thought "Now that is the perfect Barbie pink. Heh. I bet I would look awful in Barbie pink. Heh. Heh... maybe I'll try it." So very secretively, as though the SA nearby would descend upon me to shriek, "Too cool for you! Too cool for you, NC30 - 40 with yellow undertones customer!" I patted a bit on with my finger, and surprisingly I really liked it. Make no mistake, Lovelorn is definitely better suited for those with more neutral or cooler skintones, but it still looks good on me for those days I want to look ultra-girly. As with other lustre finish lipsticks, the staying power isn't the best, but neither is it something I can't stand; I get a good two, three hours out of it while drinking tea. Warm-toned MUA-ers, do give it a try as you may be pleasantly surprised. EDIT 19 MARCH 2011: I think it was wishful thinking, because the more I wore this lipstick the more I thought, "Wait, why am I wearing this again?" I swapped it away for the much warmer, much more wearable MAC VGV.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As you can see from the reviews this lipstick has a good mix of pros & cons, depending on skin tone. On me though (nc35/brown hair/brown eyes/olive tone) this was just too cool toned for me, maybe because of the blue base of it, but no matter how many different types of l/l I tried to pair it with, it just did not work. The texture was ok, it wasn't too drying, I always paired it with lip balm underneath & the staying power was ok too. I think this would work much better on cooler toned gals, so for me I would not repurchase. My HG for soft pink l/s would be Hug me, so if you find this shade is not working out, try hug me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really pretty medium, slightly blue toned pink. Very wearable except for the fact it goes on quite sheer and applies (on me at least) quite patchy and unevenly. Which is enough for me not to love it or buy it again - there are so many other similarly pretty pink lipsticks out there that don't have this issue.
Disappointing, because it is a very nice shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by jessamay

Very wearable, everyday pink. I don't like too many colors for daytime wear as I am very fair and things appear garish on me easily. Great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 5:55:00 AM More reviews by trustm3e

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't sure i would like a lustre finish, but i love this lipstick! Gives a great amount of color without being too bold. I have MAC's Gaga and on my tan skin, sometimes that lipstick is too much. Lovelorn is never too much, it glides on easily and is a great wearable lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by TPAIN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If Pink Nouveau was too bold for you, try Lovelorn! It's a sheered out version of it. A light-medium coverage, buildable, non-cakey, wearable hot pink. Pink Nouveau is my all time fave but for everyday wear, Lovelorn is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2010 3:58:00 AM More reviews by graceface1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great colour for everyday wear. Thought it would come out a bright matte pink, but is creamy and a quite a good colour for all skin tones. I'm a nc20 and it looks rather nice on my lips! new favourite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 5:23:00 PM More reviews by JoSummers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A cute pink lipstick. Gives lips a believable pink sheen. I have NW20 skin and this is a cute color on me. Pretty boring of a color, but no complaints-- sometimes you need a normal color, not a "wow" color...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sherrycherry292

Without this lipstick I would be lovelorn. It is a pale pink thats perfect for daytime wear. The lustre finish makes it particularly wearable and is nice and creamy on the lips. I know it should not work the blue undertone which is much more suited to a paler skintone than mine, but it does and Its a perfect summery lipstick. MAC has a great range of pinks and this is a fab one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by aperfectegg

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a lovely color on the right skintone which is not mine. Oh how I wish it looked good on my GGG skin but alas it is just too light. Drat! Very pretty cool baby pink -- lovely!