September 23, 2014 | 1334 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Airplanejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

MY HOLY GRAIL. I bought this foundation just over a year ago and it has never failed me! Gives a light- medium coverage but can definitely be built up to medium! Can apply with both a brush or fingers, although i prefer to use my fingers And then blend with a brush. There's been a few comment about the smell but I actually really like it! Even on my oily skin it lasts a good 5/6 hours, One really annoying thing about it is that you have to shake it really well and when you're in a hurry it can be annoying to make sure it mixes well. Other than that this product is perfect! Price is on the higher side but can definitely be justified by the amazing product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by arobejsek

this is an amazing foundation, really has a nice finish and feels so nice on skin, though if you're looking for full coverage i wouldn't recommend. It is pretty expensive for the size, at around $60 or $65. I mix it with a higher coverage foundation and use concealer on blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 10:54:00 AM More reviews by Jeanmarykay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have about 12 foundations in my drawer. I have mostly clear skin, but some acne scars on my chin and nose. So I kept buying foundations with medium coverage thinking that would be the best. But, I finally decided to try a more sheer foundation and instead cover those acne scars with concealer. Wow, am I much happier with the way my skin looks. Make no mistake, this is very, very light coverage, almost sheer. But trust me, your skin will feel better as long as you don't need more coverage all over your face. I put some concealer on the spots before I apply this without rubbing the concealer. Then I use Mac's foundation brush and apply a few streaks around my face. Be careful, because too much will come out of the bottle if you're not careful. A little is all you need. Then I use the foundation brush to blend it in. And if the acne scars are still showing, I use just a dab of Nars concealer again. The color selection is very good too. My skin is very fair and many lines don't have a light enough color for me. But this blended well. I dab MFU micro powder on my nose and chin and that's it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Ljbailey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Been using this foundation in Beige 30, for over a year and a half now, on my 3rd bottle and it is my holy grail! I have tried many foundations and always switch back to this. I apply with a stipple brush, which leaves me looking flawless. Absolute staple in my makeup bag! I get so many comments on how smooth and soft my skin looks with this foundation, and it smells so fresh :) You can wear this as a sheer cover or build up to a full coverage, in my opinion it works well in all seasons. Fantastic product and is worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 2:00:00 PM More reviews by eimearsg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is Holy grail for me ... It goes on like a moisturiser but yet covers quite well ! It literally looks like a second layer of skin ! Definitely a my skin but better look ... A lot of people saying that it doesn't last very long but mines literally lasts all day in fact I acc like it better a few hours after it been on as it looks more glowy !! If your looking for a low coverage natural foundation that looks just like your skin then this is it !!! If you like a full coverage matte look this is not going to work for you !! Fab foundation tho IMO

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by BrandonBoston

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Grey, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a guy, I really don't use any makeup but I got a sample of the Vitalumiere Aqua with an online purchase for Chanel skincare products. I really liked how sheer it was and that it had an SPF15 added. I am also a skin cancer survivor who has to be very careful about sun exposure. Since I have some discolourations and also very oily skin, I like to have something to even out my annoying skin tone. This product does it better than most. I don't use it everyday or anything, but when my appearance is important to me, I find that a VERY SMALL amount goes a long way for me and I feel like a million bucks.

My only 'con' with this product is that it does little to combat oil, so I find myself blotting my skin after a couple of hours. I'm concerned a bit about what the performance will be for me once the hot months of Summer arrive. Between my over-oily skin and Summer perspiration, will this product hold up? I'll update this review once the Summer has come & gone.

Overall though, I think this product is great and I especially like the fact that I can use it for very sheer coverage (which I always opt for!), or build it up should I ever find a reason to do so. Very adaptable and workable foundation! If you want a full coverage foundation, I would suggest looking at other Chanel options.

UPDATE: 5-9-2014 - Since this posting, I have now discovered Chanel's Perfection Lumiere VELVET which now holds the honour of HOLY GRAIL.... As someone with a LOT of oil, I find the new Velvet has a bit more of a mattifying texture. I still think AQUA is awesome, but now feel that AQUA would be best for me to use in the cold, Winter months alone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Ebecks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this a year ago via a sample and I brushed it off not thinking much of it. However I impulse bought this and thank god, because I LOVE it! The coverage is light to medium. It has a natural finish that is some where between dewy and matte. The shade range isn't decent and I found a perfect match. The price is decent seeing the product is amazing. I also splurge on two things, skincare and bases. Worth the price and worth looking into. Do make sure to get samples or make sure your store has a good return policy since the shades have pink, yellow undertone variations.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I may have found my HG foundation, I LOVE IT!

I find most foundations (high end ones) to be too yellow, too heavy, cakey or even mask-like

This is beautiful. I shake it well, then apply a small amount at a time, blending quickly. The result? My natural face, only better!

Even though those with sensitive skin find it a problem, I can be sensitive too, but this foundation was fine for me. No irritation.

WOULD BUY IT FOREVER IF I COULD!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Sophiamu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this foundation to bits! Although many people told me not to buy this foundation as it does not provide enough coverage, i went ahead and bought it. And I couldn't have been happier.

This foundation evens out my skin tone and I can just dab a little bit extra on areas I need more coverage. However, this foundation DOES NOT work with foundation brushes because it is very liquid. Fingers are by far the best option to use this foundation with.

The finish of this is beautiful, it is very natural and it controls the oils on my face however I cannot leave the house without powdering my very oily nose. It does not irritate any dry spots and this does not dry out my skin.

I am in love with this foundation ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Corky1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation as it's nice and light. It looks completely natural and the color selection is great for yellow based skintones. A little goes a long way. The bottle is excellent for traveling. I don't need to use a powder with it as it has a natural matte finish. It's my HG everyday foundation and I plan on using it for a long time!