July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Girl Meets Pearl

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am NC35 with a kind of olive undertone. I have never used highlighters before this last few weeks and have now gone complete highlighter bonkers. I ordered tester sizes of all of the benefits one (as after texting everyone I know, most people recommended benefit).

If you are a highlighter virgin, can I just say - don't try them on at night for the first time as you will see the mica particles and mistake them for glitter, and be SUPER put off. In the day time and not with your nose in a mirror, you can't see any of this.

I tried this on in the benefit store and in the harsh fluorescent lighting & with the super close up mirrors all i could see were the particles and I HATED it. And the packaging isn't very controllable or useful either - quite a lot comes out and its quite cheap and plasticy looking as well as being super bulky.

HOWEVER, I ordered a mini on ebay and when I received it and started using it, I LOVE THIS product. Its more subtle than high beam and a bit more sort of inner glow 1940's healthy looking hollywood alabaster perfection skin. I would suggest this over high beam for a more natural or a more retro look. It's not subtle like moon beam where it doesn't add enough to give you a va-va voom, it DOES. But you can wear it to work. Will be purchasing again, though I may just buy lots of mini as although they aren't great packaging either, I really can't be arsed with the full size packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lyssastyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got the sample size in a kit with Erase Paste and The Pore Professional. Was excited to try it out, but felt like it didn't show up on my tan skin. I feel like the pinkish-golden tone would suit me, but I didn't see a difference. Maybe because it was in a squeeze-tube? Or maybe I didn't use enough? Tried quite a few times to apply it and with different foundations, but just didn't make a difference. Don't think it's suited for tan/darker skin tones.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wish I could love this product, but I don't. This doesnt seem to show up glowy like I hoped. From now on, i'm going to stick with high beam.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. At first I really didn't understand this product because it didn't really show up when I first applied it, but then I read the package and it said something like "shows up in sunlight" or whatever. I don't feel it's too glittery, and the golden pink hue compliments my skin tone. The packaging is very cute, but the twist bottom is kind of awkward to use. Sometimes I'll open the cap up and there will be product already coming out of the holes. The price is a little ridiculous, it was $30 plus tax, but you do get a lot of product. If you have a coupon for Ulta or a rewards program, you should definitely check out this product. Sometimes I'll use it as an eye shadow primer or as an eyebrow highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite highlighters. It looks like a glow/shimmer, not glitter. It looks gold on me. I put it on my cheek and brow bones. Love the packaging as well. Its a twist up so its always the perfect amount

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by flowerbobon

This is my first highlighter and I love it so much! It smells good and a little bit goes a long way. It makes my face look radiance and dewy. For that price I think it is not too expensive because I dont use it that much, and maybe it takes 2 years or so to finish.

I like the packaging, it is cute. Sometimes I apply it using my fingers or brush. I put it on my cheek bone, brow bone, nose, chin, and forehead.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by SleepingBag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After a good bit of research, including a sample of YSL Touche Éclat, I decided that Benefit's Girl Meet Pearl was my best bet. I love the concept of the product, and the shimmer is quite beautiful for highlighting cheekbones.

- First, the price is reasonable for the amount of product. The Touche-Éclat (and other similar products) are way overpriced. I get that they are allegedly invisible, except for the purpose of drawing light to some areas, but I prefer subtle (if such a nuance can be made).
- Second, the smell of Girl Meets Pearl is just fabulous. I'm not exactly sure what the scent is, but its just that perfect beauty parlor scent.
- Third, the packaging is hygienic (twist cap) and waste proof. Hopefully, this will last a long time.

EDIT (12/07/2012): I have to reiterate that I simply love the smell of this product, so please do not hesitate msg me if you know of a scent dupe. Now back to the review, I still love this product but application can a bit tricky since it dries quite fast. I also feel it applies oddly over liquid foundation, kind of like it can't be properly dabbed or patted on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2011 7:35:00 AM More reviews by jjay7381

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is WAY overpriced for what it is, but I always feel like my face is kind of dark and this does a pretty nice job of brightening it up a little without making me look too shiney. It's not super shimmery, which is nice for those of us who can't really pull off shimmer in our normal day-to-day. The only reason I won't buy this again is because I'll be buying "That Gal" instead, which has the same effect but with less shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by keshialee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a highlighter for my dull skin without any glitter. I find it very hard to find a product that actually adds a SHEEN to your skin and not anything chunky or glittery. This definitely works for me! During the day I actually apply it to my entire face (except the areas I contour) and it adds the perfect golden glow without ANY chunks of shimmer. It makes my skin look healthy and perfect, I don't notice any pink in it at all. When im going out, only to the cheeks and forehead.

I notice this product does shift my foundation so I tap it in before my foundation dries and I don't need to use powder, it kind of sets it for me.

*nc44 for reference

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by TheMakeUpMaster

i love this i dont just use this as a highlighter i love it on my eye lids as a eye shadow it amazing to just brighten up your skin :)