December 22, 2014 | 1176 users online

Highlighters - BeneFit Cosmetics - Girl Meets Pearl

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This product came with the Benefit POREfessionally Pretty set that I purchased at Sephora.
I'm obsessed with all things that claim to highlight, so I was ecstatic when I saw that this came in the POREfessionally Pretty set.
But, unfortunately, I'm not that pleased with Girl Meets Pearl.
GMP is a light pink with golden shimmer. The shimmer is extremely subtle and isn't light-reflecting at all, making this highlighter very subtle. I used this on my browbones, inner eye corners, cheekbones, and nose bridge, and hardly noticed any changes. My browbones and inner eye corners were a touch lighter and my browbones were slightly highlighted (under bright lighting with my cheeks facing the light) but that's about it. I even layered on GMP to see if that would help, but it didn't.
I like High Beam much better than this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by evwilliams87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love it, although i use a cheap highlighter in the week and save this for the weekend, as its expensive for everyday use, love the smell, the packaging, always picks me up a bit when my skin looks a bit dull

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by smohamed04

I received this product in a Benefits Value pack, that I really bought just for the blush. I actually did not know that it was a highlighter. It says nothing on the packaging and I had to google it to find out that it's a highlighter. When I originally received it, I thought it was a sample primer, because it comes in this tiny tube. It would be nice if the packaging: (1) had some useful information written on it and; (2) didn't make the product look cheap and useless. I almost threw it out.

Anyway, I cannot review the quality of the product itself. So, that is my review on the packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by helenanoelle

I absolutely love this. I have pretty fair skin (in wintertime like now), but with olive/yellow undertones. It is kind of pinkish - and i think it looks great with any bronzer and/or blush. I usually use NARS laguna bronzer and i am just in love with it.
Ive had this for a really long time and i am trying to make it last as long as possible, cause its quite expensive. I would buy it again, but i would also like to try the other highlighters from benefit and compare.
Absolutely amazing product, and it smells nice too :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/14/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by jennaalatalo

This was an okay product. It's really shimmery and pretty, but you need to use a lighter hand. I also find that with my oily skin, the shimmer tends to travel even if I only place it on my cheek bones away from my T-zone.

I found it was high priced, especially when you can find cheaper highlighters at the drugstore that do the exact same thing. I spent $30.00 at Sephora.

Overall, pretty and like the packaging but not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I am NC35 with a kind of olive undertone. I have never used highlighters before this last few weeks and have now gone complete highlighter bonkers. I ordered tester sizes of all of the benefits one (as after texting everyone I know, most people recommended benefit).

If you are a highlighter virgin, can I just say - don't try them on at night for the first time as you will see the mica particles and mistake them for glitter, and be SUPER put off. In the day time and not with your nose in a mirror, you can't see any of this.

I tried this on in the benefit store and in the harsh fluorescent lighting & with the super close up mirrors all i could see were the particles and I HATED it. And the packaging isn't very controllable or useful either - quite a lot comes out and its quite cheap and plasticy looking as well as being super bulky.

HOWEVER, I ordered a mini on ebay and when I received it and started using it, I LOVE THIS product. Its more subtle than high beam and a bit more sort of inner glow 1940's healthy looking hollywood alabaster perfection skin. I would suggest this over high beam for a more natural or a more retro look. It's not subtle like moon beam where it doesn't add enough to give you a va-va voom, it DOES. But you can wear it to work. Will be purchasing again, though I may just buy lots of mini as although they aren't great packaging either, I really can't be arsed with the full size packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2012 5:14:00 AM More reviews by lyssastyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got the sample size in a kit with Erase Paste and The Pore Professional. Was excited to try it out, but felt like it didn't show up on my tan skin. I feel like the pinkish-golden tone would suit me, but I didn't see a difference. Maybe because it was in a squeeze-tube? Or maybe I didn't use enough? Tried quite a few times to apply it and with different foundations, but just didn't make a difference. Don't think it's suited for tan/darker skin tones.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by ZebraPrints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wish I could love this product, but I don't. This doesnt seem to show up glowy like I hoped. From now on, i'm going to stick with high beam.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2012 2:44:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. At first I really didn't understand this product because it didn't really show up when I first applied it, but then I read the package and it said something like "shows up in sunlight" or whatever. I don't feel it's too glittery, and the golden pink hue compliments my skin tone. The packaging is very cute, but the twist bottom is kind of awkward to use. Sometimes I'll open the cap up and there will be product already coming out of the holes. The price is a little ridiculous, it was $30 plus tax, but you do get a lot of product. If you have a coupon for Ulta or a rewards program, you should definitely check out this product. Sometimes I'll use it as an eye shadow primer or as an eyebrow highlighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by PromiscuousGayCroMagnon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite highlighters. It looks like a glow/shimmer, not glitter. It looks gold on me. I put it on my cheek and brow bones. Love the packaging as well. Its a twist up so its always the perfect amount