April 24, 2014 | 2097 users online

Masks - Freeman - Facial Clay Mask - Mint & Lemon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I recommend this to anyone that has acne issues. For the price, you can't lose. I love the lemony clean scent. This truly feels like it opens, cleans, then closes my pores.

Update: Now that I have a Clarisonic Mia 2, I use it before applying the mask. Now I am changing my review from a 4 to a 5. The only reason I didn't think this was amazing before was because my face wasn't totally clean before applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:01:00 AM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

During the summer, I use this mask when I notice my skin is starting to break out. During the winter, I use it less frequently. The result is still the same. My skin feels very clean after using it. It seems to draw out impurities and reminds me of a nice spa treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by girlyandpretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product, the scent is refreshing without being overbearing. I always get a kik out of seeing myself with a green face and the mask works wonders, my usually crater like pores lok cleaner and smaller than ever. It's also wonderful because it soaks up all of the oil from my oil-slick of a face. I will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Sugarmints

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pretty good mask for the price. It does its job and my face feels brighter and cleaner afterwards. If you have any pimples, you can try putting some of this stuff to dry it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sugarfreepersonality

One of my two favorite masks from Freeman c: the other being the Avocado one.
This one, though, makes my face so much brighter. I love it! The radiance is amazing, probably because of the lemon, and the price just can't be beat. Most places I can get a tube for two bucks on sale (and it's always on sale in Ulta, really). I love that it has no animal ingredients and that the company is cruelty-free. Great price, great company, great products...

Just try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by GorgeousWednesday

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got a big tube of this Lemon Mint Mask when I was on vacation about a year ago and I still have not sorted out my feelings on the product. But I guess I will give it a try.
Pros: Leaves face smooth, Pores seem smaller, brings impurities to the surface.
Cons: Next day face feels slightly more oily then normal, a couple new pimples (because of the impurities brought to the surface).
I leave this on until it is mostly dry. I have (very dry and very oily) combination skin, and it is pretty harsh on both. My face is oily the next day (but on the plus side I don't have flakey, dried out skin, as per normal). I like that it brings my impurities to the surface so they don't brew and erupt during stressful times, but at the same time who wants to deal with spots? Even if it is only a few. I think I'm going to try either a different Freeman's mask or a different brand all together.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by belle666

I have tried this in the chocolate-strawberry and really liked it, but since I have combination/acne prone skin and it was Summer I thought I would try this. The smell is very pleasant and it was really cool seeing all the oil/dirt/who knows absorbed from the pores on my nose when this dries. After rinsing, my skin looks brighter and feels softer and smoother. I wouldn't say this makes my pores smaller (I haven't found anything that has yet) and is difficult to rinse off. This is a great buy for $4 CDN, it comes in a large tube that will take a very long time to use up. I will definitely try the other masks by this brand.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by cmalinow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I generally don't use TOO many drugstore brand skincare products anymore (as I've recently become obsessed with the Kate Somerville line found at Sephora), and this mask is a perfect example of why I stay away from cheap skincare products. Now don't get me wrong - I'm not totally against drugstore brand skincare lines, which is why I picked up this product from Walmart the other day. I use other Freeman products (I love their pomegranate sugar scrub!) and, after reading some reviews online, I was interested in picking up this clay mask. I've used clay masks before and this one was very similar to the others I've previously used - it tightens as it dries rather quickly. The scent of the mask was quite pleasant at first, but as soon as I put it the mask on my face, the scent was overwhelming and immediately irritated my eyes. I only left the mask on for 5 minutes and then I washed it off. The one thing I did enjoy was that the dirt in any clogged pores on my nose was lifted to the surface and, after quickly using a Biore nose strip, I noticed that the pores on my nose were smaller. HOWEVER, I woke up the next morning and had 3 new, extremely painful cystic pimples on the area of my chin and jaw. As I previously mentioned, I have been using the Kate Somerville skincare line (found at Sephora) for the past month, and my face - which is typically acne-prone - has been pimple-free. I am extremely upset to say that after using this Freeman Mint & Lemon Facial Clay Mask, this is no longer the case. For the past 2 days, my skin has been red, irritated, and blotchy! I have already gone through the "purging" of my pores after beginning the use of the Kate Somerville skincare line last month, so I know that this is not simply my pores purging in any form. I have immediately discontinued the use of this mask and I do not recommend it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

I have oily skin (and my face is the worst), so I thought I'd give this a go.

Where I live, this is dirt cheap for a large bottle of it. It cost me only about $3.50, while the "Sample size" is about $2... So, a whole bottle for the price of a sample? SOLD!

It smells okay-- more citrus than "mint" but it has this mint green color to it. The smell doesn't bother me.

It can be a little difficult to smear on evenly, and it does take some time for it to dry completely, or even close to it. I sometimes cheat with a hair dryer for those stubborn spots that refuse to dry, but expect to wait a while if you put it on too thick.

But... it sucks the oil right off my face, leaving a fresh, clean face. (I still use a cleanser to clean my face afterwards...)

It makes my skin feel fresh, new, and soft... I don't use it too often because I don't want to overdo it. The last thing I need is to strip the oil off my face and cause the production of more, but this works well for a once-a-week application. (Your mileage may vary.)

I definitely like this, and I might buy the "samples" of others to try, even if the bottles are cheap. The sample size at least has a coupon attached to it, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by abbeygail

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love!! I just got this from Ulta like 2 hours ago for buy one get one free!! I died of happiness!! Literally I have it on right now!! hahaha its great! It smells pretty good too! I personally only smell the lemon not so much the mint, but its not overpowering at all!! It has a pretty big tube also it can get a little messy but whatever i still LOVE it!!! go buy now like get up and leave!!