October 21, 2014 | 1983 users online

Cleansers - CeraVe - Foaming Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jordancrook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this cleanser. I have oily acne prone skin and this has helped to cut down on both of those. First I tried the hydrating cleanser and that made my skin burn, so I switched to the foaming and it's perfect. No burning, and balances my skin. I use with the cerave moisturizing lotion at night. So far I'll be repurchasing, and I'll edit if anything changes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used both the Foaming facial cleanser and the hydrating facial cleanser and i found that the hydrating is much more gentle on the skin and does not cause any redness where as the foaming facial cleanser is much harsher and even irritated my skin a little. I'm not sure why but i have found that cleansers that really lather up tend to make my face more irritated than cleansers that have a gel like consistency. I did not care for this cleanser as much as the hydrating, but don't get me wrong, i sure do love my CERAVE!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by shannbronzo1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

OMG......I have sensitive skin....I used this for a day and a half.......just used it for the last time. My skin is ANGRY red and BURNING!!!!! Not sure why......got this based on Paula B's recommendation.....it is NOT a best product, not for me anyway. Not gentle, I'm sorry, but ladies be careful. Sticking to my Olay or Neutrogena sensitive skin wash.

EDIT: TOTALLY forgot to add.....I have seen many comment on the niacinamide in this wash being the potential irritant....I use Olay Regenerist Day Lotion religiously and it has niacinamide and I DO NOT experience this irritation with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good non-drying cleanser. It removes makeup well (in 2 washes). It never causes any redness or irritation and it foams up great! Definitely recommend!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought these CeraVe products were contributing to breakouts at first, but over several months of consistent use I've realized this and the AM/PM moisturizers are actually godsends for my skin.

My skin is healthy, relatively clear, and plumper looking after using these products. No matter what other stuff rotates through my routine, these are staples I'll always rely on and come back to when the newest cool thing leaves me irritated and broken out or ruddy.

This stuff is my old faithful. Not drying for me, takes off sunscreen and eye makeup with two washes, gentle, and after I'm done I almost feel like I didn't even put anything on my face (in a good way). I love it.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by girrlbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is all time favorite cleanser and I've already repurchased it! It's very gentle and effective. It removes makeup like a charm and it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry. My facial redness and minor acne cleared up immensely after I started using this months ago. I'll never be without it! Thanks r/SkincareAddiction for teaching me about this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Trolo123

Really Good!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by LeiMar86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

So far so good! i bought this along with the AM and PM moisturizers in the hopes that using gentle products would help my minor acne and clogged pores. I really like this cleanser, although it doesn't remove my eye makeup if I forget to take it off beforehand. After using all three products consistantly together for the past month or so, I can definitely tell a difference in my skin; its a lot smoother and brighter. My skin never feels tight or "squeaky clean" after rinsing, just smooth and soft. I used to use Cetaphil for normal skin, and while I love that, and find it is very comparable to the CeraVe, I like that the CeraVe is unscented. Cetaphil has a very fake artificially sweet scent that I can't stand anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by slidingdoors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for months for a gentle facial wash that doesn't worsen the condition of my sensitive skin. This did not work for me - made my skin red and irritated, worsened my perioral dermatitis.
I think my facial skin reacts badly to the niacinamide in some Cerave products. However, my body skin does really well with the normal Cerave body moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:16:00 AM More reviews by palmbeachgirl

I bought this in hopes that it would get rid of these skin tone bumps on my face from lovely Proactiv. I purchased it at Kmart for 7.00$ on sale . After using for a week my bumps are 50% better!!! It washes off my makeup very well and leaves my skin feeling clean. I am super happy!