April 19, 2014 | 1895 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of this, is actually sticky... Strange huh? Being a primer and all, primers usually cover your pores.... But this one is really sticky (no, not lollipop candy stick you silly rabbit!) Sticky enough to keep your pressed powder foundation on pretty well! ! This product is SUPER unique but I don't think it's really worth $28... It's worth checking out! Being Too-Faced and all, it does live up to Too Faced's other products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Thank you MUA for this gem. What I love about this product is that I can take any crappy TM in my arsenal and this turns it into a minor miracle on my skin - smooth, non greasy, relatively poreless. (Though my current favourite is to use this over theBalm Shelter - hurrah!) I don't have the all day oil control quality that others do, but I can bluff on some mattifying powder after lunch and my face is back to its morning state - soft and smooth. I love that this has given a new lease on life to other products which I would have discarded. En plus, the packaging is pretty great for a powder, love the twist on the top so you can travel with it. Why other companies don't do this is beyond me, but its such a small yet clever touch that will make me come back for more.

UPDATE 01/2011 - as much as I love this, I went through it so quickly that I can't justify buying it again. I will try Coastal Scents silica spheres instead - about 1/4 the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by cfg825

I loooooooove this product, I have never tried a powder primer before and I was just shocked at how well this worked.
I actually use this as I setting powder and I love the texture it leaves behind. My face feels sooooo smooth and it doesnt have any shimmer so it covers those oily spots great. I truly love this product. Way to go Too Faced!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by baybaysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just reviwed the Smashbox primer/pore and line smoother, which I put on first before I buff this Too Faced powder over it. I truly believe using these two together is the perfect combination for large/noticeable pores. It makes my nose, chin, etc. look softer with a nice matte finish. Let's face it - nothing is going to make pores go away or stop the oil from flowing. But I put these on every morning, and my face looks polished and consistent instead of certain areas standing out because of oil shining or large pores. I am very pleased.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cmbabes

Best primer/setting powder I've found so far. I definitely recommend and will repurchase. Hasn't made me breakout and has helped ebbed oxidation and oilness (w/ my current foundation) significantly. I lightly dust it on after foundation application and it "kindly" offers a nice smooth finish and definitely keeps my mu from creasing and caking. No other product has been able to do that for me. And I only need a little bit of powder w/ each application and I'm set. So definitely a worthy buy/try girls!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by javajunkie787

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not happy when i used Too Faced Primed and Poreless cream primer. I returned it for the powder b/c of the reviews, even though initially i was seeking a cream. I do like the powder - it mattifies, reduces oily appearance, allows for smooth/even MU application, and helps MU look better throughout the day.
For about a year i have been using Laura Gellers mattifying powder and Urban Decays deslick powders. These tend to leave a white cast on my face and dry out my skin too much. The Too faced powder primer is a good combination of fighting oil w/o being too drying.
I combine this with the use of OC Eight Professional Mattifying Gel under my makeup. I apply the powder before and after my makeup application. the powder makes your skin VERY smooth. i love how my face feels when i touch it w/ this powder on. it also helps concealer stay in place and gives an overall smoother appearance to my MU.
The only downfall i would say is that i still feel it doesnt help my makeup last long enough. I would say by 3 o'clock (since 8AM) i start to need reapplication b/c of oil. I think w/ 1 re-application midday this product is great.
I will def repurchase this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love - Love - Love this from Too Faced! They have some great products. A little pricey but quality. You get what you pay for with them at least.
I use Too Faced Primed & Poreless "skin smoothing priming powder & finishing veil" as a finishing powder! It does not clog, crease, break me out and it sets my foundation perfectly. It helps it be a little more matte and does not contribute to my face oiling up. Primed & Poreless does not show like regular finishing powders that usually age you.
I used to use Cover Tox Ten 50 in Translucent Med by Physicians Formula which was ok, better then most powders. Now it has moved to my back up beauty bag - makeup that I can use in a pinch if my reg product gets lost/damaged.
I also use by Too Face - Shadow Insurance, eyelid primer. I never ever have eye creases and my eye make up will stay on perfectly till I take it off even 24 hrs later. Do an all nighter or workout - no problem! This works for me as I have oily skin and live in Florida!
I also like the Too Faced Pure Bronze - mineral bronzer with fresh crushed water pearls. Good color - It is not too dark, too shimmery or shiny. I will add it last after I used the Primed & Poreless. Because of using primed & Poreless the bronzer goes on nice & smooth - no problem blending. It never splotches but gos on even every time
From Too Faced Web Site:
Primed & Poreless Powder turns any foundation into high definition makeup. Our silky, translucent finishing powder adjusts to any skin tone while minimizing the appearance of pores and fine lines. Our weightless powder can be worn alone, or under and over foundation to prep skin, lockdown makeup and control shine for a complexion smoothing, flawless finish.
Tips: Wear It Bare: Can be worn on bare skin to banish pores and give any skin a light and smooth, perfect finish
Benefits: Airbrushed Beauty: High-resolution, reflective powder technology transforms skin by visually minimizing pores, fine lines and imperfections for an airbrushed looking finish.
Adaptable Formula: This universal transforming and finishing shade conveniently adapts to multiple skin tones.
Ingredients: Silica, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Water/Aqua/Eau, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499(, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163). ($28)

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by pebbles1384

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder is great....not sure why I waited so long to try it. I use it after putting on foundation and it seems to control areas like my t-zone. I think its a reasonable price, There's others that are way more expensive. I gave it 4 stars because its kinda hard to get the powder through the small holes without wasting product. Otherwise great powder. I will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Before you go saying this is just another Silica powder, please be aware that silica powders differ.
This powder is AMAZING. It keeps my T zone more matte than any other finishing/ setting powder. The fact that it is more of a off white skin toned color allows you to use more without creating ashy skin or a white cast. (unlike MUFE HD powder) I will never use another colored setting powder again, this powder is natural, and fool proof. Also keeps your makeup lasting longer. I even bought the super soft and cute brush TF released for it as well :-)
The package is awesome too, I just twist the part to allow just a couple powders holes, shake it once and then turn it back and there is no mess.
THANK YOU TOO FACED!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2010 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Rice27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had such great luck with this primer. Me being someone who can't tolerate any silicones and every primer I've tried, has something in it that breaks me out. This DOES NOT break me out. It makes my face super soft and blurs my pores better than any other primer I have experienced. It's not a complexion cure all but it does help. I actually put this over my foundation instead of under it. Works so well with oil control too. ALSO, I don't get that ghostly white look like I had with MUFE hd or any other white silica powder that's all the hype right now. This is more of a creamy ivory color but goes on transparent, for me anyway. The price is somewhat steep but a little goes a long way. EDIT: have to take 2 stars off here....I believe that my skin doesn't agree with silica which is in this product. It's still a wonderful powder for people who can tolerate silica.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No