Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder

4.2

Talc, Silica, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Morus Nigra Fruit Extract. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/24/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

I really wanted to like this but I don't. I feel like I waste a lot whenever I use it. No matter how little I use it always puffs up when I apply it. I even use the Too Faced brush that goes with it. (That I love!) I'm never sure if I'm using too much or too little. I will continue to use it until it is gone but will then buy a pressed powder.

on 5/28/2011 2:37:00 AM

I use the translucent to finish my makeup. I use a very light dusting and it gives me a pretty finish. SInce I started using it, I have received several compliments about my face having a "sparkle" and being luminous. I have really good skin to begin with - this makes it look even smoother and has a tiny bit of light reflecting material in it that makes your face look pretty.

I put this on beneath and over my foundation and it last a long time not to mention looking flawless. I dont even consider it a powder, it turns into a smoke when applying which goes to show it is high quality. I hate the sifter though, it gets messy really quick. I've always liked too faced so ill buy it again.

on 5/19/2011 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I love this powder ~ it's incredibly lightweight, very finely milled and is magic for my oily skin. I cannot stand to "feel" anything on my face - foundation, sunscreen, powder, etc. This feels like nothing on, yet it mattifies my face and gives a lovely air-brushed finish. I also like the packaging - you can adjust the sifter to distribute just enough product into the lid, then apply with a brush or applicator of your choice.
Another plus - no animal testing :)
This is truly along the lines of HG for me - I will repurchase as long as they make it.

on 5/14/2011 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a really good product! I like it better than MUFE's hd powder, it left a whitish cast on my face. This powder blends well and sets my makeup. I am not a really oily person, but I do get the usual t-zone shine. This product helps that a lot! The only real downside is the price. It's cheaper than the hd powder but it's still pricey.

on 4/24/2011 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The powder gives my face a nice finish, but I'm not sure that it does a lot for my pores. You can still see my pores but I guess they're slightly less noticable, but only slightly. I don't think it's worth the money. I know its purpose isn't to mattify skin, but I expect that in my translucent finishing powder and it just doesn't deliver. It's pretty expensive at $28 for .16oz; I feel like Make Up For Ever's HD Powder works just the same as this, but at $15 for .17oz. I wouldn't repurchase either one though, just because I need something to keep the oil at bay and neither one does that. They both don't make my foundation last longer either, which I suspect is because of the oil. They both, however, do an amazing job at providing a flawless finish for up to an hour.

If your skin is dry, normal, or combo, this product might work wonders for you. Maybe when I get older, my oily skin will calm down a bit. When that happens I'm definitely gonna give MUFE's HD powder a second chance, and then TF primed and poreless (just because of the cost difference).

on 4/23/2011 2:33:00 PM

This is AMAZING stuff! I have used setting powders with silica but nothing I have used has been has effective or looked as natural as this. I was using Elf's High Definition powder which worked fine but it didn't last and made me look and feel like I had a white cast on my face. I like that I can use it as either a primer or a setting powder, but I have found better results using a regular primer (Too Faced Primed and Poreless) then setting my make up with this. It makes my face look so soft, and just makes my whole face look polished and blended. It does soften my blush, but I don't mind, because it makes my blush look more natural. You can use a little extra under the eyes and this makes an amazing setting powder for your concealor. I have used it as a primer for my powder foundation, it doesn't soften my pores as much used that way, but I didn't get oily midday like I normally do with powder foundations! Or any foundation really!

Other positive notes: a very little goes a long way and the packaging allows you to save product because it doesn't go everywhere everytime you open the lid as long as you keep the sifter covered.

It is expensive, but for what it does, how little you need, and how multi-purpose it is, I think it's not that bad cost wise.

on 3/21/2011 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I'm not really sure how everyone else is using this and getting good results. I has to return it.
First, it seemed as if my pores were more visible (the powder sunk in), I inhaled some powder and it left my face with a different skin tone. I really didn't want to deal with this, a primer should not be this difficult to use. ):

on 3/2/2011 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I get so many compliments when I use this. I usually put on my mac studio fix fluid and use this as my finishing powder and it gives me a flawless airbrushed look! I love how it's not drying on me and I like how it doesn't feel heavy at all! I just use a kabuki brush to apply it. I have been using it for about 6 months now and I still have a good amount of product left!

on 2/25/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is great powder for oily skin, however perhaps people with dry skin should be careful, its main ingredient is silica which can be very drying. It does indeed blur pores a bit (and I have huge ones so I can vouch for this). I am giving four lippies though because it can leave a white cast.
UPDATE: Bumped this down to three lippies, I want to be able to layer this stuff to get more of the blur my pores effect, but I can't because I end up with a white cast and to much of this stuff leaves my face feeling irritated/dry.

Popular Primer/ Correctors