September 22, 2014 | 2001 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

This is AMAZING stuff! I have used setting powders with silica but nothing I have used has been has effective or looked as natural as this. I was using Elf's High Definition powder which worked fine but it didn't last and made me look and feel like I had a white cast on my face. I like that I can use it as either a primer or a setting powder, but I have found better results using a regular primer (Too Faced Primed and Poreless) then setting my make up with this. It makes my face look so soft, and just makes my whole face look polished and blended. It does soften my blush, but I don't mind, because it makes my blush look more natural. You can use a little extra under the eyes and this makes an amazing setting powder for your concealor. I have used it as a primer for my powder foundation, it doesn't soften my pores as much used that way, but I didn't get oily midday like I normally do with powder foundations! Or any foundation really!

Other positive notes: a very little goes a long way and the packaging allows you to save product because it doesn't go everywhere everytime you open the lid as long as you keep the sifter covered.

It is expensive, but for what it does, how little you need, and how multi-purpose it is, I think it's not that bad cost wise.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by crolik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm not really sure how everyone else is using this and getting good results. I has to return it.
First, it seemed as if my pores were more visible (the powder sunk in), I inhaled some powder and it left my face with a different skin tone. I really didn't want to deal with this, a primer should not be this difficult to use. ):

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ohtin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I get so many compliments when I use this. I usually put on my mac studio fix fluid and use this as my finishing powder and it gives me a flawless airbrushed look! I love how it's not drying on me and I like how it doesn't feel heavy at all! I just use a kabuki brush to apply it. I have been using it for about 6 months now and I still have a good amount of product left!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is great powder for oily skin, however perhaps people with dry skin should be careful, its main ingredient is silica which can be very drying. It does indeed blur pores a bit (and I have huge ones so I can vouch for this). I am giving four lippies though because it can leave a white cast.
UPDATE: Bumped this down to three lippies, I want to be able to layer this stuff to get more of the blur my pores effect, but I can't because I end up with a white cast and to much of this stuff leaves my face feeling irritated/dry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by jezebeljunk

I was looking for a finishing powder that was both matte and colorless. This powder is exactly that and works effectively.

Pros:
-Cruelty free
-I LOVE the packaging, which reminds me of what I imagine 1960s/1970s makeup packaging to look like.
-The product comes out of the container in a very controllable manner with a slider over a Bare-Minerals-reminiscent perforated plastic divider.
-Provides matte coverage and sets my makeup well.
-Odorless
-I also use it under my eye to catch fall out and then brush it away when I'm done with my eyes.

Cons
Hmmmm......I can't really think of any. Perhaps this goes without saying, as makeup is designed for skin and not the respiratory tract, but it isn't pleasant to inhale.

Love the product. It's a great staple in my make-up collection. Good product for a beginner as you really can't mess is it up.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2011 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I work in a retail location that carries this powder. I got it as gratis when it first came out, but had no plans to use it as anything other than a catching powder beneath my eyes when I'm doing a strong shadow. At first I was very skeptical because loose powders have a tendency to make me ashen and itchy. Our past summer was extra hot and humid, and none of my usual primers were stopping the melt. Out of desperation, I slapped this on top and kept it moving. A fee hours later, I was GLOWING and my face was still perfect. A quick feel revealed that my face felt silky. A few days of the powder on top showed no signs of irritation, just gorgeousness. I also tried it as a primer. It made foundation application a bit sticky, but the staying power is nuts. I still use it everyday!

The powder has a soft lemony tone that brightens, and the omission of talc makes me squeal with delight.

At work, I use it on anyone looking for a flawless finish.

Def a HG powder for me.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by KieuNguyen

**Pros: Super-smooth powder makes the skin feel flawless, unlike any other powder out there
**Cons: Within an hour, it gave my skin dry patches; irritated my cheeks
I really amazed myself with this at the store because it made my skin on my hand feel super silky-smooth; it is a completely unique formula! However, I bought it and applied it to my face, and within an hour, I had dry, itchy patches on my cheeks. It may not be the best buy for those with sensitive skin. It has a similar priming effect to the Bare Escentuals Prime Time, except the BE Prime Time doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by djxt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hides pores amazingly well. Was very pleased with this purchase... Makes my face super soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm looking for something that can compare to my favorite setting powder (MUFE's HD powder). The other day I went to Sephora and asked for a sample of this powder. I tried it today over Givenchy's Photo'Perfection fdt. So far, so very good. I put it on at about 10 am. It's now 3:47pm and my skin still looks good. My T-zone is getting slightly shiny, but nothing hideous. And I didn't use much, either. The sample was a bit small. I'll keep you posted.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smashbox Photofinish Primer + Mac Studio Fix + Primed and Poreless powder = fabulous skin! I've felt insecure about my large pores for as long as I can remember and I'm only 23 (years of acne too :/) but this stuff is remarkable. I'm pretty fair skinned and the powder is very light, so I feel like it works best on those of us with paler tones. I have been using for about one month and I couldn't be happier, I don't even mind paying a little extra because I think it is that great of a product!