July 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Too Faced - Primed and Poreless Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by KieuNguyen

**Pros: Super-smooth powder makes the skin feel flawless, unlike any other powder out there
**Cons: Within an hour, it gave my skin dry patches; irritated my cheeks
I really amazed myself with this at the store because it made my skin on my hand feel super silky-smooth; it is a completely unique formula! However, I bought it and applied it to my face, and within an hour, I had dry, itchy patches on my cheeks. It may not be the best buy for those with sensitive skin. It has a similar priming effect to the Bare Escentuals Prime Time, except the BE Prime Time doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by djxt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Hides pores amazingly well. Was very pleased with this purchase... Makes my face super soft!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm looking for something that can compare to my favorite setting powder (MUFE's HD powder). The other day I went to Sephora and asked for a sample of this powder. I tried it today over Givenchy's Photo'Perfection fdt. So far, so very good. I put it on at about 10 am. It's now 3:47pm and my skin still looks good. My T-zone is getting slightly shiny, but nothing hideous. And I didn't use much, either. The sample was a bit small. I'll keep you posted.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 5:46:00 PM More reviews by natalierosie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smashbox Photofinish Primer + Mac Studio Fix + Primed and Poreless powder = fabulous skin! I've felt insecure about my large pores for as long as I can remember and I'm only 23 (years of acne too :/) but this stuff is remarkable. I'm pretty fair skinned and the powder is very light, so I feel like it works best on those of us with paler tones. I have been using for about one month and I couldn't be happier, I don't even mind paying a little extra because I think it is that great of a product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by pywacket

I work at a Macy's Impulse shop and Too Faced is one of my favorite brands. I adore this powder and I am trying to get my cohorts on board. The problem is non-oily people don't really understand how hard it is to keep our makeup on. I am 46 and STILL OILY AS ALL GET OUT!. When we went through training for all of our lines, they gave us this product, as well as a thousand other primers, Smashbox (OK), Laura Geller (which I like quite well, but not like this), Stila, Urban Decay, I could go on.

This product is different. If you are truly oily, it will hide your pores and make your oil disappear before it is even an issue. It is a fabulous product.

Note to those who are really interested in using it:

If you are using it as a primer before a powder foundation, just apply with a puff, paying particular attention to the oily areas.

If you are using it over a liquid foundation, be aware that it has an unusual texture and other products don't show up as much as they would otherwise.

In my experience, it works best as a primer underneath another powder.

It's fabulous and life-changing for that if you are truly oily! Good luck!

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The texture of this, is actually sticky... Strange huh? Being a primer and all, primers usually cover your pores.... But this one is really sticky (no, not lollipop candy stick you silly rabbit!) Sticky enough to keep your pressed powder foundation on pretty well! ! This product is SUPER unique but I don't think it's really worth $28... It's worth checking out! Being Too-Faced and all, it does live up to Too Faced's other products!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Thank you MUA for this gem. What I love about this product is that I can take any crappy TM in my arsenal and this turns it into a minor miracle on my skin - smooth, non greasy, relatively poreless. (Though my current favourite is to use this over theBalm Shelter - hurrah!) I don't have the all day oil control quality that others do, but I can bluff on some mattifying powder after lunch and my face is back to its morning state - soft and smooth. I love that this has given a new lease on life to other products which I would have discarded. En plus, the packaging is pretty great for a powder, love the twist on the top so you can travel with it. Why other companies don't do this is beyond me, but its such a small yet clever touch that will make me come back for more.

UPDATE 01/2011 - as much as I love this, I went through it so quickly that I can't justify buying it again. I will try Coastal Scents silica spheres instead - about 1/4 the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by cfg825

I loooooooove this product, I have never tried a powder primer before and I was just shocked at how well this worked.
I actually use this as I setting powder and I love the texture it leaves behind. My face feels sooooo smooth and it doesnt have any shimmer so it covers those oily spots great. I truly love this product. Way to go Too Faced!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by baybaysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I just reviwed the Smashbox primer/pore and line smoother, which I put on first before I buff this Too Faced powder over it. I truly believe using these two together is the perfect combination for large/noticeable pores. It makes my nose, chin, etc. look softer with a nice matte finish. Let's face it - nothing is going to make pores go away or stop the oil from flowing. But I put these on every morning, and my face looks polished and consistent instead of certain areas standing out because of oil shining or large pores. I am very pleased.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2010 3:45:00 PM More reviews by cmbabes

Best primer/setting powder I've found so far. I definitely recommend and will repurchase. Hasn't made me breakout and has helped ebbed oxidation and oilness (w/ my current foundation) significantly. I lightly dust it on after foundation application and it "kindly" offers a nice smooth finish and definitely keeps my mu from creasing and caking. No other product has been able to do that for me. And I only need a little bit of powder w/ each application and I'm set. So definitely a worthy buy/try girls!