Essence Lash and Brow Gel Mascara

4.2

on 7/12/2013 11:29:00 AM

This brow gel just wipe my eyebrow color off and makes my eyebrows crunchy, shiny, and clumpy. I'm not a fan.

Fantastic setting gel for the brows, absolutely useless on the lashes however. Keeps my brow hairs in place all day long even with my long hair down. Unbeatable price tag and would repurchase!

on 6/20/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

EDIT: Knocking my rating down to a 3. The cap has now broken off of at least three of these, making them unusable. It's very frustrating and a waste of money. The product is good but the packaging sucks. Blah.

ORIGINAL: I'm on my fifth or sixth tube of this gem, with my next one already purchased and ready to go once it's finished. I was previously using E.L.F. Brow Mascara and thought that was the greatest thing ever, but this one by Essence definitely takes first prize. I'm spending about two dollars more on Essence than on E.L.F., but it's still only $2.99 or something. It keeps my brows in place all day without any stickiness or flaking. That's pretty much all I want in a brow gel, and Essence delivers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Before this I was just using a spray gel from herbal essences & a brow spoolie, which didn't really keeps brows in place at all. This was only $2.99 & works great. At first I noticed it was quite wet, but I think I was using too much because I haven't had that problem since. Keeps my brows in place and I haven't noticed any flaking. Great product!

on 5/22/2013 12:16:00 AM

I just bought this product from Priceline now and tried it.
Have to say it works amazing and super super cheap!
For a while I was using Benefit Brow's "Speed Brow" to keep my eyebrows in shape.... and this product does the exact same thing.
For all the people who said it was "wet" maybe you are using to much! Would recommend this product and buy again!

I did review on this product:

on 4/4/2013 11:30:00 PM

I've gone through two tubes of this clear mascara now and really love it. I use it to set my brows after powdering them. While it's not a super tacky, hairspray-like hold, it keeps all my brow hairs in place. Doesn't flake, it's totally transparent, and is very inexpensive.

on 4/3/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used this product only to set brows.

Pros:
- Non flaky
- Doesn't make eyebrows feel crispy
- Odorless
- The packaging is not bad
- Cheap

Cons:
- I don't think it keeps brows in place all day
- Feels somewhat wet

I don't have thick or unruly eyebrows so I think I'll repurchase.

on 2/18/2013 7:39:00 PM

Love this product! Goes on nice dries fast no stickiness. Keeps my eyebrows looking good all day. Was gonna get maybelline great lash mascara in clear to use on my eyebrows but when I saw this stuff was only $2.99 figured I'd try it. One of my faves so far this year.

on 2/3/2013 2:22:00 PM

This is the cheapest available clear lash/brow mascara gel out there in Canada anyways.
I used to always buy Maybelline on sale but they are discontinuing it so it would appear.

I never use this Essence one on my lashes; don't trust it there, so cheap...
but brows? why pay more? it's two bucks. Done. End of story.

on 2/3/2013 10:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

It's a good gel, that sets my eyebrows and lashes in place. It's pretty sticky, but if you letit dry for a few minutes, it's OK.

Video Reviews & Tutorials