August 31, 2014 | 1647 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go to concealer. It has a moderately tacky consistency, but it stays put pretty well. I only have to touch it up once after it just sets and then it's fine. I do have to say that it is very important to properly moisturize prior to application. If you don't, then yes, it will show dry patches and sink into wrinkles. I love applying it with my beauty blender most, but fingers are good too. One negative thing, you often end up pumping a bit too much out...even so, it still lasts quite a long time even with regular use. A good beauty staple.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by faceart97

This product was a nightmare. I was matched at a mac counter for NW25. The shade is far too dark, darker than my foundation, I look tired. I went back and they tried NW20 and that was stark light! They literally didn't have my colour in the prolong wear range which is a shame for a high end make up. She ended up fitting me with the select cover up concealer which did have my shade. Anyway, besides colour limit; it creased and emphasised my under eye lines and I'm only 17! Can't be that wrinkley yet it aged me. It was also difficult to blend and the pump was inconvenient as it pumped out too much at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 3:53:00 AM More reviews by arianasau

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

The lady in the store tested this on me before I bought it. I had a few red blemishes on my forehead and chin that I just couldn't cover up. But with this -it was covered in a moment! I also had problems during the winter to find a concealer which is light enough, since I've got very pale skin. But she found a match, NC15. Unfortunately it is too light for me now, but I think I'll buy a darker one soon. This covers up everything, even the big red pimples. I'm not very excited about the packaging, though -it has a pump that gets waay too much out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Pinkie1837

This is my go-to concealer for undereyes & spot correction. I love the consistency for undereyes, not too heavy to weigh down that delicate skin, but strong enough to cover spots. When I need a little extra coverage I let it sit on my skin a few seconds before I blend it in. It tends to thicken up a bit. The best part is how long it wears. They don't call it longwear for nothin'!

My only gripe is the pump. It gives way too much product. I've been using it for awhile now so I've mastered the art of the half pump, but its tricky. Especially for first time users.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Thamy

This is my favorite concealer ever!!!!

1- It last all day
2- Goes on smoothly and blends easily
3- Does not crease
4- It's waterproof
5- Build-able coverage

I have tried many other concealers ( Nars Radiant creamy concealer, Benefit Boi-ing, Mac Studio finish) but non have made me as happy as this one.

The only flaw I feel this product has is the packaging. For some reason it tends to stop pumping after you start running low even though I can see there still is some inside. :(
But that still never stops me from repurshashing it lol

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by hlovespearl

I got this concealer a few months back and have loved it since the first day I got it! The formula of this product is just absolutely fabulous! It is such a thin consistency but yet it covers everything! (I mean let's be realistic- concealer can only do so much...) this can get anything covered up better than any other product I have! It goes on with a very natural finish and absorbs into your skin which leaves a very natural texture ( basically- it doesn't look like you are wearing gallons of makeup) the packaging is a little bit of a downfall because of how much product (and expensive product at that) it puts out but I can deal with that for a great product! Would definitely recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product is so over hyped. it does nothing more for me than my 5$ rimmel concealer. will not purchase. don't fall for the hype and ask the mac girls to get your shade and ask for a sample before you buy it for 25$, that's exactly what I did and so happy I didn't just buy it. not impressed

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by chickengifts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PROS:
-Stays on very well
-Perfect under foundation for extra coverage
-Good to use instead of foundation if you have even skin

CONS:
-Low-medium coverage
-Looks cakey and accentuates face hairs
-Expensive because you run out of product quickly due to packaging.
-Comedogenic

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by lifeofhei

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I cannot go without this concealer in my makeup routine. It feels light on the skin, yet it covers anything and everything. I'm very pale and NC15 is a perfect match for me; the girl at the MAC counter tried a few on my jawline before we decided on the shade. I highly suggest letting them help you pick a color if you don't know your MAC shade; the NC/NW thing can be pretty confusing to figure out on your own.

It's creamy and easy to apply with any method; I prefer a sponge or my fingers, but a brush works just as well. Pro Longwear is great for blemishes, discoloration, and under the eyes, which is something I really look for in a product. It's super blendable and doesn't crease, but once it sets, it doesn't go ANYWHERE.

The one small gripe I have about the product is the pump on the packaging - a little concealer goes a LONG way, and it's near impossible to pump out a small amount! I try my best not to waste a drop, though, since it is pricy... Whatever I have left over when I've concealed my imperfections, I use to create a natural, subtle highlight and balance out the face.

Overall, MAC Pro Longwear Concealer gets a 10/10 for me and I have repurchased it twice already. Holy Grail status.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by harmony7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After hesitating due to the price, I finally decided to purchase this because I needed a new concealer. It's in liquid form in a glass pump, which I like. To prevent it from dispensing too much product, I just press down slowly and stop when I have the right amount.

I bought it in NC45 and the shade matches perfectly! It covers my dark spots and it conceals my undereye area with minimal creasing. It also dries to a matte finish which I like because my skin gets oily/shiny. This is the best concealer I have used and it is worth the price.