MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 6/13/2015 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's a lot of concealer for the price but the annoying pump means you'll waste half of it on the back of your hand! I appreciate the coverage and lasting power of this concealer but it tends to be cakey and drying. I find that applying several layers works best if you sheer each one out with a beauty blender.

on 6/11/2015 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

WOW! This is a HG concealer for me. I used to have bad acne, but it has cleared up a lot since being treated by a dermatologist. I am a MAC lipstick addict so I thought that I would try another product. I have tried a lot of concealers in my day and none of them have worked too well for me. I have a lot of red and pink spots on my cheeks from post-acne marks. I went to the MAC counter and had a MUA match me for the correct shade. I bought it and saved the receipt in case it did not work. I have used it for about a week now and it has made all of the difference in my makeup routine. This concealer covers my red marks while making my oily t-zone more matte. Not only would I recommend this concealer for acne and blemishes, but it also works excellent for an under-eye concealer. I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

*Sigh*
I really wanted to like this concealer, having heard good things about it from other people. After being 'persuaded' into buying it by the employees at the MAC counter, I decided to give it a go. My first complaint is not so much about the products, but about the staff employed by MAC. Every time I've gone in to have my shade matched, their staff have pushed me into buying a product that is not only different from the consistency/texture I wanted, but they always match me to the wrong colours. My second complaint is about the concealer itself; while in terms of coverage it isn't that bad, I found it to be very drying on my skin. It also cakes extremely easily, even if I only use a little it looks cakey and dry - regardless of how much moisturizer I use. This is only made worse by the MAC powders. Also, as others have said; the pump is stiff and difficult to operate, resulting in far too much concealer coming out of it. Overall while I think it might work for some people, it's certainly not for me. I don't think I'll be purchasing again.

on 6/9/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I absolutely love this concealer! I have used my fair share of concealers and I always had a little love-hate relationship with them. Mostly they just didn't stay in put for the whole day, they would cake up or in worst cases they would emphasize any fine lines I have.
But not this one. This concealer stays put...untill you take it off. It's so smooth, looks like real skin, doesn't cake or emphasizes any fine lines. This, folks, is my holy grail. Finally found it! And okay, it's pricier than your regular drugstore brands, but it's definately worth the money (in my opinion).
Only thing I'm not so excited about: the packaging. I feel like the pump packaging wastes product! I feel like I always have too much product with only one pump. But on the other hand, the product goes a long way. I use one pump almost daily and after about 6 months, I still have 1/3 of product left.

on 6/9/2015 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So I needed a better concealer for my super oily skin and Maybelline's ones weren't doing much to stay on.

It was a great improvement overall (well, I guess that is expected), but the WORST thing about this is the @#!%ing pump. It's hygienic but it could seriously be friendlier. What I do is I use both my hands to control the pump, squeezing the pump between two fingers and use my thumb to slowly push down little by little -- it's a huge pain, especially since I didn't actually need to use a whole pump at once. The tube itself is glass, but seems pretty sturdy, as I've dropped it many times onto hardwood floor. I don't know how it is on concrete or tile, and I don't suggest you try it.

Now this concealer has great coverage and is light. It's very pigmented so you don't need a lot, and lasts a long time. I use about half a pump every day since buying it about a year ago, and I still have half left.

It also blends well into the skin and with other concealers too, so you can mix it for a better match. It's liquid in consistency and it dries moderately fast. I see that it becomes a little tacky when the residual concealer dries on my hand which makes it harder to blend and apply, so pump it out little by little and reapply accordingly.

It looks natural too! My friends can't tell if I've used concealer at all, and I have absolutely HORRENDOUS acne scars and redness. All I use is moisturiser, primer, BB cream, and concealer, then powder and spray my face and that's it. Hell, you can even just forgo everything after priming and just use this to have a more natural look or something.

It's best applied with a brush, and covers acne, scars, whatever marks well, so in this area, I find it worth the price. What I do find is that, if you apply on a really dry patch of skin, the concealer starts to look a little powdery and if you put too little, it'll start to catch on little flakes of skin and accentuates the dryness. In this case, especially for those with dry skin, always moisturise and prime beforehand and use setting spray afterwards (I use skindinavia). Though there are those times when pimples start to have skin peeling around it, in that situation, I find that applying liberally is better.

If you have really, REALLY oily skin like me, like if you produce oil on your nose after a 20 walk on a normal day in the sun, it starts to wear off about 5-6 hours without make up spray and a couple more hours longer if you do powder and spray, which is a real bummer, especially if you live in hot and humid places (like Summer in Australia). It starts to look cakey around places that produce the most oil and your pores start to stand out more (this happens on my upper lip area most prominently).

Overall, if you want a good concealer, I think this is definitely worth checking out. The price may be hefty, but this provides great coverage, generally is long lasting on any day, suitable for moderate to oily skin, and one little tube lasts a long while. That is, if you look past the pump and the matching process.

on 6/7/2015 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Holy grail alert!!!! I have been using this concealer for months. It's the only one that I've found that lasts on my face from morning to evening. To give you an idea of how oily I am, my nose is like a disco ball after one and a half hours. Yep. I always get oil breakthrough no matter what primers and potions I use, so most foundations and concealers just don't last long on me.

The coverage is full but natural. Consistency: thin and runny, easily layerable. Dries quickly.

Only drawback is the inefficiency of the pump. While hygienic, it dispenses too much product; have a small cosmetics pot handy so that you can dispense about half a pump into the pot, which you can then use over the next day or so (after a while the product become too tacky to blend, so you're better off just cleaning to pot and pumping anew).

Shades: there's quite a big gap between NC25 and NC35. I'm in between and I use NC25 and put a full coverage power foundation on top, which is working fine for me. I looked at NC30 and weirdly enough, it looks slightly lighter than NC25 and more beige than warm-toned. NC30 might be good for someone with medium, neutral skin tone.

EDIT: After experimentation, I've decided that NC35 suits me more, despite appearing darker/too warm in some lighting. It just provides so much more coverage. I read somewhere (Cosmetics Cop?) that if you're between concealer shades, you should go for the lighter, but I disagree with this advice.

on 6/5/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have very mixed feeling about this concealer. Like the product itself, works amazing!! I use shade NW25 to pretty much conceal & highlight at the same time, but then again my dark circles are very minimum. The downside about it is that it does make me look a bit dry under my eye which makes me look a bit wrinkly. Maybe I will try moistourizing a lot more under my eye. I'm also not a fan of the packaging at all!! That pump wastes a lot of product I feel it pumps out too much and it's just hard to get the product out. Regardless I do like this product and will continue to use it.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I liked this concealer and I didn't. I got the shade NC20 and it may be just the shade but it was too orange and yellowy, however it does blend well. I have really bad under eye circles and it hardly convered them at all, it kept setting away from my under eye and creasing. I maybe would purchase this again but try a NW so it won't be as yellow but overall it is a good concealer and is not that pricey.

on 6/3/2015 7:07:00 AM

This concealer works an absolute dream for me in terms of both covering and brightening. I can use it under my eyes or on blemishes, although not on very dry areas like my nose or just areas that are feeling very dry on a particular day.

I use the shade NW15 because I like my concealers to be a shade lighter than my actual skin tone so I can use them to brighten my under-eyes. I ordered it online and when it came I thought it looked darker and warmer in the bottle than it'd looked when I'd seen swatches or people wearing it, but I find it comes out looking lighter and cooler.

As everyone else always says, the packaging is a major flaw. I gave the packing 1 for it having a pump at all, but the pump is so bad I couldn't possibly have given it anymore. It's near impossible to control how much product you dispense. I think I managed ONCE to do half a pump but have since been unable to figure out how I managed that. The amount that comes out in one pump is almost always too much for me, so I find myself wasting product nearly every time I use it. I can't figure out how/why MAC haven't fixed this problem yet because it's so talked about and infamous. The day they improve this is the day I go out and repurchase it.

on 6/2/2015 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

PROS

- good coverage
- long wearing
- shade selection
- blends well
- doesn't crease

CONS

- packaging

COMMENTS: It took me a while to get this stuff, but I really do like it. It blends and covers well. I don't have any issues with longevity. Concealers always crease under my eyes, but I'm happy to say that isn't an issue with this one. I really don't have anything bad to say about this, aside from the pump dispensing too much product. However, it really hasn't been an issue because I highlight the entire face with this anyway.

Will repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

Top Rated MAC Products