December 18, 2014 | 1504 users online

Concealers - MAC - Pro Longwear Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2014 7:32:00 AM More reviews by Idealist95

And finally, my search for the perfect concealer came to an end..
I am IN LOVE with this product! It stays on all night, gives a full, perfect coverage and hides any blemishes, dark circles, basically ANY imperfections!

The only negative thing about it is the pump. Oh how i wish was different! It gives out WAAAY too much product that you don't even need! :(

Also, when i was at the store trying to find the perfect color, the lady working there suggested the NC30 to me, i tried it and thought it looked good, but when i came back home, i found it a bit too yellow!! (my fault for trusting she was a pro)
Then I had to go back to MAC with a friend and she helped me choose the perfect one which was NW20!! I dont know how that other one gave me an NC30, i wasn't even tanned!
Now im stuck with 2 concealers, but i mix them up so the other one wouldn't go to waste.
Then again, its kinda my fault for trusting her (but aren't MAC staff supposed to be pro makeup artists??)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 9:16:00 PM More reviews by TattooedPrncsz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is a high coverage concealer that delivers great, opaque coverage. I use shade NC15 as an undereye concealer/highlight only so that is the basis of my review. The product is a liquid concealer that comes in a small pump tube. The pump does kinda suck, as it spits out more concealer then I need sometimes. Overall this has been a staple concealer in my kit for awhile now but I find myself looking for something better. Texturally this concealer is off putting to me (I like creamy-oily type concealers) but the coverage and finish is what keeps me re-buying.

I apply using my micro beauty blender moistened with Fix+ stippeled under my eyes. The finish comes out slightly dewy (from my application method) and covers my undereye circles and highlights really well. I add a little Light Boost from the MAC P&P click pen and I am good to go. Warning: use a light hand on this product; it's really good at its job and too much will cake on. As far as smell the product has a sent to it; it smells floral-ish/soapy, the scent does not bother or overpower me but it might bother some with sensitive skin or nose. I love that it comes in a glass bottle, it looks great on my vanity. I have not tried this on any other place then my undereye so I can't attest to it's staying power on my face but when topped with my Laura Mercier Under Eye Brightening powder this stuff really lasts into my day and doesn't crease under my eyes. My only gripe about this product is the texture and the pump. As others have stated the pump is a poor design choice on MAC's part and really needs to be changed.

I paid $20 for this and for the price you get 0.30 fl oz. You don't need a lot of this to get the job done and I expect to pay a decent amount regardless so price wasn't an issue for me. My advice is to go see the colors in person. The shades run a little different then other MAC concealers. Overall this is a staple for a reason. It gets the job done and does it well but I like to use different products (I'm a sucker for packaging) so I find myself buying new concealers and replacing this one often.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I am not sure why I had never purchased this before, but some of my favorite youtubers use it as a lid primer and even as an under eye concealer without a problem. Well, I guess the difference is that I'm a lot older than they are (gulp). Because this doesn't work at all for me. The color, NW15, is fine, but under my eyes it is such a cakey mess I'd be better off using nothing, and elsewhere, it is very difficult to blend and building it just makes it cruddy and cakey. And even if I hold the pump against the back of my hand, way too much comes out. I was saving the excess in a small plastic container but because it had been exposed to air, it was basically unusable.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/22/2014 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

I switched from Select Moisture Cover to this one. Bought NW35 and i was surprised that the shade is a tad lighter than Select Moisture Cover NW35 has anyone else notice this? Either way its perfect it conceals my acne marks and other dark spots on my face. Im on my first week and Im hoping I wont break out :)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by SDnicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

To be honest, this concealer is just, ehh. It's horrible for under your eyes as it cakes horribly, and I'm not sure about putting it on blemishes. Since I do have a lot of blemishes spotted on my face, I need to cover them up every day, and this concealer is honestly just hard to work with. It's quite runny, clings onto every dry spot, and has ehhh coverage. It also has a tendency to oxidize if you try to build up the coverage, which can be quite infuriating. It's good for covering small acne scars but thats about it. And don't get me started on the packaging, oh lord. Who decided it was a good idea to put a giant pump on a CONCEALER? Every time i have to pump it onto the back of my hand, wayyyy too much comes out, and you can't control the amount that you want. I end up wiping most of it off my hand, and I've been using it everyday for about 4 months and it's already almost empty, whereas my tarte concealer (which actually has less product in it) I've been using under my eyes for a year and there's still half left. I do have to admit that it does stay on for quite a while at least, and it isn't as horrible as some concealers I've tried, but it didn't live up to my expectations at all. I'll finish it up, but I won't be repurchasing

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best concealer ever! I use NW20 half a pump blended under my eyes with the real techniques delux crease brush. I pair it with the elf under eye setting powder and the Mac face and body foundation in C2 and im good to go

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by shizznizz

Best liquid concealer I have used. BUT there are quite a few negative aspects to it..

1. It makes my 'what I thought was', clean and pimple-free face, break out like mad. It's okay if use it once in a while on my cheeks, but I can't wear it for an everyday-use. Which sucks, because it really does a good job! I can use it to cover up my dark circles, tho. It's the only place the pimples stays away.

2. Smells like horseshit. Sorry, I hate to be an a-hole. The concealer has this unpleasant, chemical smell to it.

3. The pump from hell. It's basically useless, and squeezes out WAY to much product at a time. Have to store the rest of the concealer-mess in a little box, so I won't waste half of it.

Final summation:
The MAC Pro Longwear Concelear and I, have a love/hate-relationship. It's complicated, but we seem to work it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Does works...Buy again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by danniebabex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never never review on makeupalley and I've been going on this site for five years but I guess it's time that I give my first review to MAC's prolongwear concealer! I have very oily skin so almost nothing lasts on my face and I've tried almost all the concealers out there but this one has my heart! I always go back to this concealer because it covers my dark circles very well and stays all day. I'm in nursing school and I barely have time to put make up on so when I'm in a rush I thrown this on, do my brows, mascara, and a little blush and I'm ready to go!!! Even on clinical days where I still want to look put together, MAC prolongwear concealer still makes feel beautiful through my 7-3 shifts nursing shifts! This is a little pricey but it's worth investing in. Mind you this is one of the cheapest "high end" concealer in the market therefore it's worth every penny especially if you're a broke student on a budget.

To my oily skinned ladies who are doubtful about this concealer, trust me it is worth everything!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 7:11:00 PM More reviews by hdcue23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this concealer, it covers acne/blemishes/redness very well, also blends easily and stays put all day. I have pretty fair skin(cool toned) and the color match was perfect, mac has a wide range of shades so if your looking to purchase this I'm sure you'd find a good shade match! My only complaint, as others have mentioned, is the pump...the concealer is very concentrated and you don't need a lot but the pump sticks and I usually end up with too much so you have to be very careful when using. I decided to try something different so I bought some nars creamy radiant concealer and although it works well, it does not cover as well as the Mac Pro long wear concealer.