MAC Pro Longwear Concealer

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tribehenin, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Methicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Laureth-7, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid [may contain] (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Haven't tried this product for all that long, but for now here's my 2 cents:

PACKAGING:
Like you've heard a thousand times over, the pump dispenses waaay to much product and it's very hard to control. On the plus side it's sanitary, considering how long this product will last you, trust me, you DON'T want to contaminate the entire product on the first use.

COLOR:
I find that NW runs too pink and NC runs too yellow so I have to mix the two "undertones" together to match my skin exactly. By doing this pretty much anyone in the somewhat neutral-range can find a match.

TIP FOR NOT WASTING PRODUCT:
to avoid having to use an insane amount of product, I use a little sample jar and mix a couple of pumps of the two colors each, to find my shade. This last quite a long time (depending on how many pumps, of course), it avoids me wasting product, and it also avoids contaminating the entire product every time I dip my brush/finger in. I recommend doing this even if you don't have to mix several colors to fint your shade.

REVIEW:
This is as far as I can tell a great concealer for covering spots, redness and imperfections. It's highly pigmented and can be blended to look pretty natural over smaller areas as long as the skin around is in good condition.

BUT if you want to use this for concealing dark circles ad have anything like fine lines, wrinkles, millia or any other "skin problems" in the under-eye area, this will enhance any of those problems like crazy.

I have pretty bad under-eye circles, but sadly this concealer made it more obvious that I was wearing make up than my dark circles were on their own:

*It settled in fine lines (I blame this on the consistency, because it's quite a thick product for the under-eye area as well as being very drying)
*It highlighted every imperfection in the under eye area, including millia (in my case) and any kind of dryness. I didn't even think my under-eye area was dry before I tried this, but this concealer made it look *extremely* dry.
*It did not blend into my skin at all. No matter how hard I tried, I could see exactly where the line between concealer and skin was and it was extremely noticeable. I guess this would have been less obvious if I used an equally "heavy" foundation, but this was not great for me because I dont really like to use a full-coverage foundation every single day, but I DO want to conceal the dark circles and maybe use a powder to even out the skintone.

Bottomline: Great for spots and smaller areas, not so much for under eyes.

I haven't tried many concealers. This is quite runny but very pigmented. It could be more blendable and it does sit weirdy on dry skin. It's a great product if you're looking for a high-coverage concealer or if you have acne. If you have very dry skin or if you're looking for a more natural finish I'd stay away from it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

CAREFUL! after using this for about 20 days (every day without fail) i started to get really dry sore skin. i had a really bad allergic reaction to it, but it had taken so long for it to show up! i have heard others say the same thing happened to them :( i would get 2 or 3 samples before i invest in this, wear it daily for at least 2 weeks and then decide-don't throw away your money, especially if you have dry or sensitive skin!

also not great for traveling or if you're clumsy as it's glass! also, i pumped out way more than i needed-couldn't manage half-pumping it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

CANT STRESS HOW MUCH OF A LIFE SAVER THIS PRODUCT IS ESPIECALLY IF YOU HAVE ACNE. I've repurchased this concealer many times. It's amazing for dry skin, it's incredible coverage for acne and redness. I'm generally not a fan of Mac products I find them both overrated and overpriced but this is one of the best concealers I've ever tried. It's not a concealer I'd recommend for something like contour / highlight but it is the most perfect thing for hiding redness and SEVERE acne. It doesn't go cakey or flakey so all my dry skin makeup lovers who love or need a heavy coverage concealer this is exactly what you need. Can't stress enough how greatful I am for this product it really helped me through my severe acne.

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I only wear this if I can't be bothered wearing foundation as it is quite full coverage and pretty long lasting.

However, you must watch your colours with this product, especially if you are used to other MAC foundations. I wear SFF in NW15 and bought the prolongwear concealer in the same shade. Bad move. It is far too light. I will use it up (too expensive not to) but as an eye shadow primer as opposed to a concealer. Moral of the story? Always make a point of getting colour matched, especially if trying different face makeup products as there are definite shade differentiations depending on the various MAC ranges you opt for. As it happens, SFF doesn't require me to wear a concealer with it due to it's high coverage but when I tried I looked incredibly cakey - an aspect that was highlighted due to incorrect colour matching. I will repurchase this in my correct shade when next at a MAC counter.

Overall, a good product that is full coverage and long lasting. You wouldn't need this alongside a high coverage foundation but on it's own or paired with a sheer foundation, it does it's job very well. The product is well designed with a hygienic pump style packaging - great for traveling. My only word of advice would be to ensure you get colour matched before you purchase as MAC colours differ depending on the product range.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I'm a little bit disappointed with this concealer to be honest, given all the great reviews. I'm not saying it's a bad product, I was just expecting something amazing. It does provide great coverage for my dark circles and it does set really well on its own so the lasting power is good, and it looks quite natural which is essential for me, but it does nothing to brighten the area at all so it looks pretty flat. I've also never seen a product that oxidizes so visibly, the colour goes a shade or two darker once it has dried. I have it in nw20, which was a shade lighter than was recommended to me so the oxidization isn't that big of an issue. It also settles in to really fine lines a bit, ones that I didn't even know I had, and if I try to put a little more on when I'm looking especially sleepy it just goes really cakey. All that being said, it does work as a concealer anywhere on the face which is great if that's what you want it for, I would just go for something with a little more radiance for the under eye area. I will continue to use it until the bottle is used up but I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Works as expected. No issues/full coverage and no creasing.

The pump is sometimes hard to work with if I only need a super small amount.

The price is kinda sucky but I'm not aware of any other full coverage concealers for deep skin tones that I can swatch in-store.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The best concealer I've come across! My holy grail :) I absolutely love this! I cannot complete my make up without using this. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and mild acne scarring and this stuff conceals! You also don't have to worry about re-touching, because it lasts all day.

My most used concealer due to the fact that it has great coverage on red spots, acne and dark circles.

It's better to apply it with a sponge or brush, because when I use my fingers it streaks and looks cakey and weird. Don't use this over dry patches of skin because it will build up and look flaky and accentuate the dryness as it dries matte.

The fact that it's not good for dry skin and its weird paint smell is the reason why I took a lippie off the rating, but that's just my opinion, it might smell fine to some people! It's quite decently priced for a concealer and has a pump bottle which is always a plus.

Overall a great concealer if you're looking for a good mid-priced product.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is definitely my go to concealer.

Great coverage, easy packaging.
Always set it with a under eye powder though (I use the Bobbi Brown one.) or it will crease.

I only wish they would have more fair colours in their colour arrangement.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Mac Pro Long Wear Concealer and Prep and Prime Highlighter Review by BeautynLifewSue

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | First Impression (F.I.F) by Chloe Luckin