September 20, 2014 | 981 users online

Powder - Tarte - Smooth Operator Micronized Clay Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 2:41:00 PM More reviews by mzdynamite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

MUST BUY for oily skin. keeps my makeup matte & porcelain like. has it minimized my pores? not too sure about that. but definetly an everyday makeup MUST & one little pot also lasts forever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by BrittaBot

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small size of this colorless, clay-based powder with a Tarte set, and I've generally been impressed with it. This finishing powder prevents oily shine for hours, and it makes my skin have a very smooth, clean, delicate texture that I have not experienced with other powders. It doesn't seem to combine with foundation to become blotchy and uneven during the day. And because it's colorless, it doesn't distort the colors of my other face products.

I find the application a bit messy, though. The jar has two tiny holes, and I have to tap it repeatedly to get more powder. The powder is also so fine that it goes flying about when I touch a brush to it. I prefer to apply my powder with a velour puff, and I find it hard to do with this powder, but that may be due to my tiny jar. Also, because this powder makes the skin so "clean," I think that it's difficult to apply other powders on top, such as highlighters. It feels like this powder prevents other powders from adhering to the skin because of the dry clay content.

All-in-all, though, I think this powder is worth trying because it does mattify the skin and produce a clean, natural finish, and it's probably great for men who want to combat oily shine.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by mariaterzian

one of the only powders that work for my extremely dry skin. It doesnt show and leaves my makeup looking fresh

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by eswaslike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't pinpoint what this makes my skin look like but it's definitely the opposite of flawless. It has such a powdery white looking finish that has an artificial appearance. It really does not look natural on the skin at all. Every time I use it, I end up hating how my makeup turns out. As far as oil control goes, this actually makes me produce more oil quicker than I normally would. Sometimes when I read good reviews on products like this I wonder if maybe I'm crazy for not liking it. Either way, do not buy this. It's a gimmick and there are way better products out there.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by iEndlessly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was recommended this product by a Sephora sales associate that reminded me of Snooki; (that part was completely irrelevant but I just thought I'd share my story) needless to say I was a bit skeptical but I gave in to the purchase. I am so glad I did !

I actually really like this product from the packaging to the finished result it promises. Compared to the Finishing Powder from the Cover FX line, this is by far much better. This makes my foundation look amazing - keeping it looking fresh and well put together. The packaging can be a hassle if you do not know how to effectively access the product. Personally I just tip the container upside down (with the lid on of course) and give it a shake. Usually when I open the lid I will have enough product for my Powder brush. This small jar costed about 37$ CAN if I remember correctly, so it is a more expensive product on the market. However, this product has lasted me for a full eight months so far and I am relatively impressed.

I will most certainly be repurchasing this in the future and will be recommending it to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by salvedeigenetrix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample size jar of this in my Sephora VIB 500 points little gift. I love it; its' the best finishing powder I've found and I'll purchase the full size version. It's very finally milled, sets make up quite well and gives a nice finish. Plus, I have very oily skin and this kept my make up looking fresh throughout the day. I did not need to touch up. Definitely worth it, IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

This finishing powder makes my foundation look awesome! I don't know how it works--I just know that it does! It gives this smooth appearance and prevents my makeup from sliding and separating when the oil starts to come through. It's a great final touch and helps me look totally flawless!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by planetnars

This powder is comfortable even during winter months when my skin is dry rather than oily. It is long lasting and you don't need much to set your entire face. It is not shimmery but it seems to give almost a satin finish when I wear it. Everything looks smooth and I much prefer it over the make up for ever silica powder. The packaging isn't the nicest but it is not terrible and product performance is great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by cowzipper

I've used this product for over a year and I really like it. I mainly use it as a finishing powder. I like that it doesn't change the appearance of my makeup when I apply it. It instantly mattifies my face which is especially nice when it's hot and humid outside. It does not seem to minimize the appearance of pores, but then there's not a single product I've tried that actually does. I dislike the packaging though. I wish they would change it to the closable sifter jar that's often found in mineral makeup. The little hole in the middle takes forever to get the product out. It lasts a long time though. One jar lasted about a year for me with frequent use.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:42:00 AM More reviews by funyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is the best finishing powder I have purchased for my oily skin. When I don't use this I definitely get shinier faster. Yes, you will still get shiny after a few hours but I find that this seems to slow down the oil production a bit. I blot before I use this powder and it seems to last longer. At first I was debating if I should get Mufe HD powder, but learning about the white cast stories I decided to get this instead and it photographs very nice over my Mufe HD foundation. Despite the price I will repurchase because I have not come across a better finishing powder for my oily skin.