Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

3.7

Aqua/Water/Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG, PPG 10, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Silica Silylate, Sodium PCA, C12 15 Alkyl Ethylhexanoate, Magnesium Sulfate, Zinc Stearate, Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Acrylates, C12 22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Bis PEG, PPG 14, 14 Dimethicone, Laureth 7, Lecithin, Tribehenin, Amodimethicone, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Trihydroxystearin, Dimethiconol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Parfum (Fragrance), Xanthan Gum, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Propylene Carbonate, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Laureth 4, Sodium Sulfate, BHT, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Geranoil, Alpha Isomethyl, Ionone, Citronellol, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide Cl 77891, Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) (Feburary 2015, glass bottle with red cap ingredients) - titanium dioxide, octinoxate, water, cyclopentasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetylpeg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, talc, trimethylsiloxysilicate, sodium pca, silica silylate, C12 15 Alkyl ethylhexanoate, magnesium sulfate, zinc stearate, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, acrylates/C12-22 Alkyl Methacrylate Copolymer, BisPEG/PPG-14/14 dimethicone, amodimethicone, laureth 7, lecithin, tribehenin, disteardimonium hectorite, phenoxyethanol, trihydroxystearin, chlorphenesin, dimethiconol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, xanthan gum, fragrance, pentylene glycol, tocopheryl acetate, propylene carbonate, hydroxyethyl cellulose, glycerin, citric acid, fructose, sodium hydroxide, urea, laureth-4, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, butylphenyl methlyproprional, allantoin, maltose, sodium chloride, sodium lactate, sodium sulfate, trehalose, benzyl salicylate, linalool, geraniol, bht, citronellol, alpha-isomethyl ionone, glucose, sodium hyaluronate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, iron oxides

on 3/11/2015 1:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A new link should have been made for this foundation since Lasting Finish has been reformulated a few times in the last ten years. The latest version is Comfort Serum. It's a thicker formula and longer lasting, but it can appear cakey if you apply too much. Sheering it out with a damp sponge works better than using your hands or a brush. As usual, the packaging is awful. The UK and countries overseas always get pumps on foundation bottles. I think Americans are willing to pay $2 more to have one too! The coverage with this foundation is definitely good, but it's one of those that you can feel on your skin. I don't recommend wearing it in extremely humid or hot climates unless you're used to that heavy feeling. I prefer a lighter foundation and then concealer where I need it. I think there is spf 20, so it's not a foundation for photography. The price is decent and Rimmel never overcharges for their cosmetics.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

FYI in case they're different, this is for the newer formulation in the glass bottle (not squeezy tube).

I think that this just might be my HG. I have tried so many foundations; to name a few: Nars Sheer Glow, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, L'Oreal Visible Lift Serum, L'Oreal Truematch, Revlon Photoready, Revlon Photoready Stick, Revlon Colorstay, Covergirl Ready Set Go (or whatever it is called), and Covergirl 3-in-1. What I look for in foundation: long wear, moisturizing, medium to full coverage, sets on its own without powder (L'Oreal Truematch never seems to set on me), comes in a color light enough for my skin, and doesn't make me break out.

This has it all and does it all. It makes my skin look glowy, smooth, and it stays on so well all day! I have nothing bad to say about it, unlike all of the other foundations that I've tried. It doesn't make me break out, and it keeps my skin moisturized. I don't use powder or setting spray, and it still stays looking great. I LOVE it so much!

UPDATE: A month later - this is still my holy grail. I literally have no desire to even purchase anything else. This is perfect. Well, if it had a pump, it would be perfect :-p But formula-wise, this is complete and utter perfection. Still no breakouts, still looking better than I ever have at the end of every 12 hour or so workday.

This stuff is very thick. Even with a primer and setting spray, it settled into lines pretty quickly. My biggest issue was that it felt so uncomfortable, like I was wearing stage make up. Maybe good if you have REALLY bad skin, but any oil and this stuff wipes away. Not a winner in my book.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is my first review on here, so this must be really good. I am really surprised by this foundation. I am 37 years old and have been trying to find a foundation that I love for years. I have combination occassional acne skin with dry areas, so I have never found a foundation that 1) covers acne scars/red marks, 2) does not sit in the fine lines making you look older than you are, 3) does not highlight any dry areas and just make it drier, 4) that evens out skin tone.
When I had bad days with acne and needed coverage, I was using Estee Lauder Double Wear, however, this makes the dry patches worse. The coverage is okay, and the colour was fine, but I could not wear it every day due to the drying effect it had on me. When I added some moisturiser to it, the coverage was lacking.
I got a sample of this foundation from a magazine, and thought I would give it a try. The colour match is perfect for me for starters (Ivory). I put this on with a flat headed brush, so I could stipple over any redder areas. The coverage is great, evens out skin tone, covers acne marks, and some mild thread veins on my cheeks, does not highlight dry patches, more like keeps them moisturised, does not sit in the fine lines round my eyes, and I have glowy skin now that looks natural, and I don't seem to need a powder over the top, as it is dewy, but not completely matte. I keep looking in the mirror, this is the best I have looked for ages, I just love this foundation! The only bad thing about this, is when I take it off at night, and I see my skin does not really look that good without it...... :-(

on 2/27/2015 11:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Bought #101 Classic Ivory.
HG foundation. Lasts and lasts and lasts! No oil slick on my face, even after 12 hours! No transfer even if rubbing your face with a tissue, or my shirt. Color blends perfectly with my skin, controls oil without drying my skin. Doesn't settle into my pores or wrinkles. Covers perfectly, you don't need much. Will definitely buy again. Just wish it had a pump.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This foundation is much thicker than the Rimmel Match Perfection which I normally use. It does offer more coverage, only because it's so thick and leaves your complexion looking cakey :( It also broke me out, so if you have acne prone skin, do not even attempt to use this. And surprisingly, it was more expensive than Rimmel's Match Perfection, only by a few dollars. The thick formula also settles in wrinkles and fine lines. Take a pass on this foundation and stick with Rimmel's Match Perfection.

on 2/25/2015 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased Ivory 100

Rimmel Rimmel Rimmel, this foundation got me through university This means from age 17-21 i was wearing this lovely product (young skin is what im getting at)
Unfortunately as I have aged to 25 i have found myself reaching for this less and steering towards bb creams and other foundations. But can i really fault my faithful product when its my skin changing? No i cannot. if you are young and have minimal pores, my goodness this is right for you. if you are a little older and have pores, you can still use this product successfully but you will need to do additional steps.

Pro
- This stuff lasts long, this is my GO TO clubbing foundation to this day when i go out. it lasts hours! does it wear off a little? yes. but what make up doesnt. i danced all night from 10pm to 3am in this for YEARS. and its pretty damn good. wore this on my face to EDC 2014 and it lasted. my raver girls will know whats up.

- colour range is pretty good. Ivory -100 is great for my fall and winter months. i do not wear this in the summer (i get very tanned) unless i am not too tanned.

- price, very affordable, as a cheap university student i was driven to rimmel by its price

- finish is pretty good

- at times i use it as a concealer for the bags under my eyes or to cover minor zits and pimples, esp if im using a bb cream as my primary face product.

-coverage is medium to heavy and buildable!
- hides redness

Con
-Unfortunately it does feel a bit greasey on the skin. very oily people be aware this may be best for normal/ dry/ slightly oily

- greasey to the touch. its not as smooth as my maybelline wonder liquid finish foundation. but its not horribly greasey. its a 1.5 /5 on the grease touch scale. eventually the greasey feel does wear off over several hours of wear

-clings to my dry patches. unfortunately it does cling to some of my dry patches. im typically able to fix it by adding lotion under it and then reapplying some ontop of the patch.

- since my skin has changed, i have developed larger pores, this stuff really shows my pores. if you have large pores you will need to use a primer with this. i added the maybelline blur and illumator primer and my pores were minimized! i was able to wear this again confidently

- i noticed since aging to 25 my skin has lost its natural glow, especially in the winter. since ivory 100 is matte, i feel it makes my skin look very flat, and pale. this is easily corrected by adding a top power, and some highlighter or by using an illuminating primer (one with a peachy tint).

I wear this product clubbing, and to special events like a dinner gala.

Would I rebuy it - yes unless i found something better for my now changed skin
would i recommend it to a friend - yes
Its easy to apply, works pretty well and cheap

on 2/24/2015 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm searching for a new foundation and the Rimmel 25hr had some fantastic reviews so I gave it a try. The first thing I noticed is it could really use a pump or something to help get it out of the bottle. It's just a regular open-mouthed bottle that you have to tap into your hand several times to get some of the foundation out, and hope you don't pour too much. The second thing I noticed was the pretty fragrance after I applied it. Yes it was a pleasant smell, and yes it went away after about an hour, but I don't like smelling my makeup. Third, it went on nice and smooth with a medium coverage that worked well with my very oily skin. It was dewy-looking at first, but looked great with a light dusting of powder. It did last all day and I was happy with it for a few days. The final thing, however, was the deal breaker. I put it on one day and saw that my pores were REALLY noticeable; like the makeup accentuated them. They were so noticeable, in fact, that my 10yr old son asked me if the holes in my face were my pores! If a boy can notice it, I don't need it, lol!

on 2/21/2015 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Sorry but this obviously did not work for me. Consistency is ok but once it settles in about 4 hours after fine line and dry patches begin to show. Plus it also broke me out and millia galore.

on 2/21/2015 2:20:00 PM

I purchased this product today after a recommendation from my friend and I am really disappointed... I hate to say it Rimmel but what on earth was this???? This foundation was extremely claggy and it outlined all my problem areas. It did not at all have a light and silky feel like the Rimmel Match Perfection but instead it was tacky and not at all what I would personally want in a foundation. The coverage was good but it was very cakey. I heard a lot of good reviews about this product and I was excited to try it but as soon as I did I wanted to wash it off straight away! I am very disappointed that this foundation didn't work out for me :( I would not recommend this product at all...*sighs*