December 21, 2014 | 1087 users online

Liquid - Guerlain - 'Lingerie de Peau' Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by ladydog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin is constantly changing these days and what works for me one day in make-up and skin care may not work for me in the next. I have pretty much stopped using liquid foundations, but I was so intrigued with this that I bought it. I love the velvety smooth feel of this foundation going on. It is dispensed with a pump which is what I think all liquid foundations should be packaged with for sanitary reasons. It goes on evenly without a primer and doesn't streak. I apply with my fingers although I've also used a brush. The coverage is medium, but it is a coverage that eliminates all ruddiness in my skin and glides over my pores. Several imperfections (tiny marks and scars) will still be visible, but I could use concealer if I wanted to cover them up. No mask-like look. Pretty, natural looking skin. I use setting powder and it lasts through a normal day very well. I need to blot a couple of times, but my skin is oily (though not as oily as it used to be when it was an oil slick). The major bonus is it has SPF 20 with broad spectrum protection so I don't have to wear sunscreen underneath and on an average day, I'm well out of the sun except for being in and out to my car or house so I feel fine wearing this w/o additional sun protection. And, one of the best points for me, it doesn't separate on my skin by the end of the day.

All in all, a lovely, very wearable foundation that makes my skin look good as it gets. My only complaint is the price--$59.00. I'm fair-medium with pink undertones and I wear 02, Beige Clair. I will buy again in spite of the price tag because this is a worthy foundation to keep in my rotation.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this foundation.
I wore it for the last three days... and I may try it again but for now, I dislike it.
I am an NC20 asian and the shade 31 Ambre pale is perfect. At first I was scared that it would be too pale but it ended up being the perfect shade.
When first applied (i used my beauty blender & hourglass veil primer underneath), it gives a beautiful finish- looks natural and gorgeous. HOWEVER! It dried out my cheeks and got all patchy by the end of the day. I have combination skin that is very oily in the T-zone and dry in the cheeks and lower jawline. The foundation accentuated flakes that I had not seen before and dry patches on my cheeks... and kind of faded off even though wore primer and set it with a powder. Also note that it has a very strong lavender scent as with all Guerlain products, which I did not mind but some of you out there might.
Pros:
- perfect shade
- very buildable
- nice light consistency
- fresh, perfect and natural initial finish

Cons:
- fades off in a very unflattering manner (accentuating dry patches and flakes)
- dried my skin
- no oil control

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by zoeclare1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to love this foundation what's not to love, lovely smell lovely packaging and flawless skin. Well unfortunately I found that this product didn't stay on :( even using powder it wore off and oxidised. The colour range isn't amazing either. I wear mac nc30 but now 37 (a better shade more yellow) and find the best match for me was shade 3. More of a beige. The coverage was lovely and medium but build able but unfortunately for me lost all marks for not staying on.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by monty713

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not quite sure what all the fuss is about. I only purchase high end foundations so my review is comparable with Channel, YSL, BB, etc.. To date, this is the most I've spent on a foundation. The colour selection is poor but with the help of an associate, I was able to find one that was close but not a great match. I purchased anyway because the reviews relating to texture were so wonderful. Not wonderful for me...I find it dry, accentuates lines and does not apply very well. There are much better foundations out there and you don't have to go to this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by annomatopia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a sephora addict. and have tried so many foundations......
Finally I went into Saks in Short Hills Mall NJ. I had the most wonderful sales lady Michelle. She can take credit for this. I love the foundation. Great coverage with a foundation brush. I work from 8-6 and It lasts all day. Works perfectly with cle de peau concealer (another favorite... I can't live w/o).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ensei

I've had this foundation for almost two years now, and now I really wanted to post my experience. This is a thin but creamy liquid with medium coverage that is dewy and glowy looking. It blends very well and doesn't set too quickly. It also has a lovely guerlain violet scent to it that I thought I would dislike, but actually really like. I still definitely prefer no fragrance at all but this is not a bother either.

The only downside again to this foundation is that the color range is not great. I'm about NC25/NC30 and I've tried 02 which was slightly too light and dried more pink, so I went with 03. Both shades still look a little too pink on my skin but I'm neutral-yellow so while not a perfect fit, is still fine. I will say that the foundation dries to a darker color than it first appears no matter what color you get. With the 03, I would say that it's NC30-ish and that I can pull it off with either more blending and pulling it down my entire neck or mixing with a lighter foundation (I've been using the lighter shade of Bourjois Healthy Mix I have). Another con to mention is if you layer this or use too much, it will transfer like crazy, so do powder thoroughly.

EDIT (03/30/13): Within the last year or so, my skin has definitely gotten a shade or two lighter with diligent sunscreen usage, so now my 03 shade this looks about 1-2 shades darker and orange on my NC25 skin. It was so glaringly off that I started routinely mixing it with lighter foundations in my stash. Finally, I bought a small bottle of the 31 Ambre Pale shade, a lighter shade with a yellow undertone that became available at Sephora. Really great since it was only a Asia exclusive shade. It's about NC20ish, maybe a smidge lighter, with a great neutral to yellow undertone. Whenever I've used this now, I mix 03 with the 31 shade. At my palest winter skin, I think I could even just use the 31 Ambre Pale shade by itself with it looking just slightly pale. Best bet would be a mix 1:1 of 03 and 31 most of the time and 1:2 of 03 and 31 in winter/spring.

Bottom line: I think this is the love of my foundation life so far. It has everything I'm looking for in a foundation: light-medium coverage, natural skin sheen finish that makes my skin look better than it is, and decent lasting power. It's one big con is the color range. That I went out of my way to buy two different shades to mix should show you how much I love this foundation. I'm pretty sure that the Asia exclusive 32 would be spot on for me as I'm about an NC25 with yellow undertones, but that is hard to find and buy since I live in the United States. If I could find any way to get this, I would be over the moon.

---

EDIT (01/11/2014): I have finally been able to attain the Asia exclusive 32 shade, and it has a great yellow undertone that suits my spring NC25 tone to a tee. No complaints here - this will remain in my top light-medium coverage foundations. I've never realized just how pink the other shades were until I tried this, and there is no way I can go back to that. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the biggest drawback to the foundation is the shade range. And, it's a shame because although I would repurchase this shade again and again, I don't see it happening because it was quite difficult to acquire.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Lorezt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my very first review in MUA because this product is worth it!

I got a sample from Sephora and absolutely fell inlove with this foundation. My country is humid all year round so picking a foundation can be really tough for me. I had it on for the whole day and it stays really well! It does not feel heavy nor greasy (plus bonus for me) and it gives me a nice natural look (it has a satin finish, I prefer dewy finish but this works too!)

It gave me medium coverage. I have redness due to an allergic reaction and it covers the redness really well without covering my mole, thus the natural look. It's buildable so occasionally if I want a perfect look I'll just dab the spot with a little more of this stuff.

This may potentially be my HG foundation. It gives me the glow I wanted without looking cakey. Works great on dry/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 8:36:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow.

Extraordinary.

I am well over 40 , still prone to breakouts, am a product s/lut, and this one nails in on a lot of levels.

I don't need complete coverage, I take good care of my body and skin, including eating lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, etc., hydrating, exercising, so my skin is in good shape. However, I do have uneven pigmentation, and am still prone to oil and breakouts if I use products that clog my pores.

Does not settle into fine lines or wrinkles, does not accentuate them, and just lifts my skin up to a wonderful luminous glow. Mahvelous!

This provides beautiful luminous coverage, without the famous mask like appearance, yet is still provides good coverage . . . some of those 'luminous' products from Dior, Chanel, etc., didn't go the extra mile, and I was woefully disappointed.

This one nails it with a good moderate coverage that flawlessly morphs into the skin, stays put, doesn't oxidize, and looks fantastic hours after application.

Holds the blush well, too.

Extremely pleased. Also, I've tried this in two colors ( 02 Claire for winter, 03 Neutral for summer), and both are extremely forgiving

Yes, I have already repurchased. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkyannonymous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combination/oily/dehydrated skin and this foundation wasn't the best for me. I initially tried a sample from Sephora, bought a full-sized bottle, but ended up returning it a week later. Upon application is when this stuff won me over. I really liked how lightweight it feels; it feels very fresh and water-like when applied to the skin (even more so than Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, which is similar). I was also impressed that despite the airy feel this stuff had, it actually offered very good coverage (I'd say the coverage is on par with the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua). However, with the Chanel I feel like it sits more on the surface of my skin (in a good way), while the Guerlain kind of gets sucked into my skin more... meaning that I feel like I usually need to apply more layers of the Guerlain to get the coverage I want. The deal-breaker for me with this stuff is how it separates on my skin, especially in areas like the sides of my nose and my chin. Yes, my skin gets very oily throughout the day, however, the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua seems to work a lot better in this aspect; it definitely doesn't control the oilies, but it doesn't separate on the skin and instead I just look very, very dewy (if I don't powder or blot)... alternately, with the Guerlain, I just look oily and like I have a little bit of foundation sitting on top of my skin. I tried this in shade 02 and I definitely would have preferred something more golden or yellow (this is supposedly neutral, not pink toned (12 is the pink-toned equivalent to 02) but in comparison to my skin, 02 looked slightly pink). For reference, I'm around NC25 in MAC, maybe NC20 in the winter, and in the Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I wear B20 and that matches my skin better than the Guerlain 02. I would also like to note that the Guerlain highlighted any dry skin patches or flakiness I had, and despite the similarities in formula to the Chanel, Vitalumiere Aqua never highlights these on my skin; it has the ability to glide over them as opposed to sinking into them. From my experience, I'd predict you'd need to have a very smooth, moist, relatively flawless complexion to pull this formula off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2013 5:08:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Lovely, light as a feather, your skin but better. Reminds me of diorskin nude but that dries me out for some reason while this does not. Not full coverage so don't look for that here. One of my many great G foundations. I'm a rose Clair 12, Mac nw20, diorskin 022, cover fx p40, mercier TM blush. My go-to on a great skin day.