April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Lust

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by RedBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This perfume smells great. It is the richest most indulgent jasmine ever. If you like their Flying Fox shower gel it's like that yet MORE so.

Here's the problem: it leaves a bright pink stain on your clothes. The stain doesn't show up right away--- it can take days to appear. My dry cleaner was able to get it out of most of my clothes, just not this one thin cotton blouse .Sigh.

It's so weird that the stain doesnt show up till days later but it's true. I did a spot test on an old shirt and it proved that this was the perfume doing it.

If you are very careful in where you spray it you should be fine. But i love to put perfume on my clothes so I can't realy wear it anymore.

I havent had this issue with any other Lush scents.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for a family member and she let me try it. I used to love flying fox, and this smell very simliar. Not a fan now though. Way too heavy on the jasmine. But if thats your thing, then go for it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Lust only because it's a close dupe to Flying Fox and I wanted a really good jasmine scent. This is pretty close, and very jasminey. I like that the jasmine has that shap tanginess that only Lush seems to capture (most jasmine scents seem too powdery to me). However, if you're a fan of Flying Fox, you'll notice the difference. Lust just doesn't have the honey or citrusy notes that Flying Fox is famous for. For me, it's an "ok" scent, but it lacks depth and silliage. Fine for evenings when you want to smell a little sexier, but it's just not glamourous and nuanced like a higher end fragrance would be. I would not buy again - Serge Lutens is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tlw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I love Jasmine oil. This is perfect on my skin, not too strong not too soft. I bought the solid one. Great price too

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For those who like their jasmine extra indolic, Lust is just the fragrance you've been looking for. On me, though, it's just nauseatingly poopy. White florals are not my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

smells exactly like lush's GODIVA shampoo bar. i was telling the SA about how much i loved the fragrance of the shampoo and she told me they made a fragrance like that now. smells lovely, but note to perfume junkies, not the most complex of fragrances- what you see is what you get

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by leylynn82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally! A perfume that smells like my favorite Lush scent, Flying Fox!! So glad I was able to procure a solid version of this perfume when I did for there was only a few left in the store. The spray version was all gone! This smells exactly like Flying Fox which is a very warm and subtle scent of jasmine, rose and slight notes of vanilla. My only gripe with the solid scent is that the packaging could be better. It should have a twist tube option to move the product in and out of the tube like a chapstick. Instead it's designed so that you have to push the product up from the bottom, making it difficult to place it back in the tube. Aside from that, this product is amazing and honestly a dream come true for those of you who love the Flying Fox scent!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 2:44:00 PM More reviews by Aethernaut

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate to be the first to give Lust a bad review, but this perfume is such a huge disappointment. I am a great fan of Flying Fox, the shower gel that this fragrance is based upon. I was so excited when I got my little sample size bottle, and on first sniff, there it was, my old Jasmine scented friend. Perhaps this formulation of essential oils is just too strong to be made into a perfume, perhaps it's just me, but after only about half an hour on my skin the lovely cool yet sensual jasmine and green tea just evaporated and BAM! The nauseating stench of pure ylang ylang kicked in, and stayed... and stayed... and stayed. I could not wash the stuff off. It smelt like the cheapest, nastiest aimed-at-twelve-year-olds-at-Christmas bargain bin perfume you could possibly imagine. It actually hurt my nostrils. To add insult to injury the sample vial broke and leaked all over my clothes while I was out, so even if I washed it off my skin I still could not escape the stench until I got home. Perhaps it was a badly mixed batch, but I'm not willing to give this a second chance, I will be avoiding this like the plague.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2010 5:31:00 AM More reviews by therealficolley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just as the previous reviewer said, this smells like Jasmine tea. I adore the smell of Jasmine and have struggled to find a fragrance that does it full justice since Crabtree and Evelyn stopped selling Jasmin de Provence years ago. Despite there being a branch of Lush in my nearest town I'd never really bothered with it. That was until I became a MUA devotee and read the reviews! Now I'm addicted to their solid shampoo bars which smell so heavenly and work so well and now this little beauty. Smells divine and has decent longevity on the skin. I applied about 7am this morning and still get delicious wafts of warm (not overpowering) Jasmine tickling my nose. All for 5 for the solid stick which will last ages.

UPDATE - I applied this to my usual pulse points and ended up with noticeable red staining on the collar of my white work shirt so beware, this stuff stains

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by ChildOfTheMoon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Listed notes: jasmine, ylang ylang, rose, vanilla, sandalwood.
I used to buy a special brand of green tea with jasmine. Don't remember the brand name, but the tea smelled wonderful, like meditation in a cup, so rich and calming. Later I discovered other green tea & jasmine combinations but never found that tea again. Fast forward, Lust by LUSH, from their new Gorilla Perfume line smells so much like my beloved green tea with jasmine!! There's that dark green vegetal bitterness, grounded, thick and dark with jasmine that is more musty and carnal than floral. Tempered with ylang ylang, this jasmine scent feels almost dirty, but in a good way. There's some sweetness but no obvious vanilla, though it's listed in the notes. So far from typical white floral fragrance, and so very different from modern transparent jasmine interpretations. If you enjoy true indolic jasmine, or often find yourself lusting for a cup of green tea with jasmine, then I suggest testing this. By the way, the sample bottles are very cleverly made, with something like a tiny sifter opening with a cap.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No