July 25, 2014 | 965 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Gorilla Perfume - Lust

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Chuckers

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is jasmine. If you don't like jasmine, don't buy it. It is easy to carry in a purse. The fragrance lasts for about an hour or two. Strange that they colored it slightly rose.
Nice enough for the 8 bucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 11:41:00 AM More reviews by zeynepd

Indolic jasmine in super-concentrated form. It has displaced L'artisan's La Haie Fleurie from its top place in my list of "Too heady, steer away" fragrances. Actually, that one feels pretty wearable after this one. If you can't handle the cat pee, poop associations of indoles, run for the hills.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My fave thing from LUSH. it smells like flying fox & godiva shampoo bar. I love jasmine smells lol. I don't understand the red dye though..I wish they would remove the dyes from the solid perfumes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:15:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

I love it! I got the solid perfume, which I find easiest to apply. The samples smell strange in the store, but this is delicious when you actually wear it.... a really deep jasmine. It lasts a long time too.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by RedBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This perfume smells great. It is the richest most indulgent jasmine ever. If you like their Flying Fox shower gel it's like that yet MORE so.

Here's the problem: it leaves a bright pink stain on your clothes. The stain doesn't show up right away--- it can take days to appear. My dry cleaner was able to get it out of most of my clothes, just not this one thin cotton blouse .Sigh.

It's so weird that the stain doesnt show up till days later but it's true. I did a spot test on an old shirt and it proved that this was the perfume doing it.

If you are very careful in where you spray it you should be fine. But i love to put perfume on my clothes so I can't realy wear it anymore.

I havent had this issue with any other Lush scents.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by tori8780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for a family member and she let me try it. I used to love flying fox, and this smell very simliar. Not a fan now though. Way too heavy on the jasmine. But if thats your thing, then go for it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 12:43:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Lust only because it's a close dupe to Flying Fox and I wanted a really good jasmine scent. This is pretty close, and very jasminey. I like that the jasmine has that shap tanginess that only Lush seems to capture (most jasmine scents seem too powdery to me). However, if you're a fan of Flying Fox, you'll notice the difference. Lust just doesn't have the honey or citrusy notes that Flying Fox is famous for. For me, it's an "ok" scent, but it lacks depth and silliage. Fine for evenings when you want to smell a little sexier, but it's just not glamourous and nuanced like a higher end fragrance would be. I would not buy again - Serge Lutens is better.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:14:00 PM More reviews by tlw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it! I love Jasmine oil. This is perfect on my skin, not too strong not too soft. I bought the solid one. Great price too

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 5:18:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For those who like their jasmine extra indolic, Lust is just the fragrance you've been looking for. On me, though, it's just nauseatingly poopy. White florals are not my friends.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by shirl195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

smells exactly like lush's GODIVA shampoo bar. i was telling the SA about how much i loved the fragrance of the shampoo and she told me they made a fragrance like that now. smells lovely, but note to perfume junkies, not the most complex of fragrances- what you see is what you get