LUSH Gorilla Perfume - Lust

3.9

on 3/12/2011 1:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

If you could only being to know how much I adore this scent. It is everything I want and more! Whenever I wear this EVERY single person I come across stops and ask me what I am wearing. As my co-worker described it, it smells like "hot sex" lol. I think she meant it smells like a completely seductive woman that any man would want to lay down with and I agree. I mean, afterall, the name is Lust right? I have the soild and my only complaint is that the scent doesnt last long enough. I want a body lotion in this scent so I can layer! LUSH----please put this scent into everyone of your products! I already use Godiva and plan on buying Flying Fox and will def. buy anything containing this sexy jasmine...what a winner!

I love the smell of Jasmine. I adore flying fox, and the Sakura bath bomb to pieces. I was talked into this by the awesome SA at my local lush. They didn't have any in the store to try so I bought it blind online. Gorilla perfume.. If they mean a gorilla is mauling you in the face with the scent of Jasmine they got the name right. Holy hell this stuff is powerful! It could probably clear a room in 2.5 seconds.

The dry down is nice. But it takes a few hours to get there and by then no one wants to sit next to you anyway. To me this smells like a mixture of Jasmine and moth balls. Not something I really want to smell like. I had high hopes for this little gem. I'll keep it around as a reminder not to buy a perfume blind.

on 1/18/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this on vacation on Maui. It's a beautiful jasmine scent with maybe a little plumeria thrown in. It gets lots and lots of compliments. I can't stop smelling my wrists because I smell so PRETTY! At $8 it is a bargain. It doesn't smell like it costs $8. I like tube packaging for a solid perfume, but I don't like how this one pushes up instead of twisting up; it smushes the top every time you replace the cap. I knocked off one lippy because it doesn't last very long on me. In Maui it seemed to last one to two hours. Now that I'm home though, in a warmer climate it has lasted perhaps five....so maybe this is just due to humidity or heat. Anywho I will definitely buy again if I run out. I'm glad that I read other reviewers who say that it STAINS. I will avoid long sleeves with this one.

on 1/7/2011 5:49:00 PM

I bought this in both forms - the spray and the solid. I'd not read any reviews that the scent differed depending on format, but it's something I quickly discovered for myself.

I bought the solid first. At $8ish CAD, it seemed a steal. The tiny, chubby tube is perfect to stash away in a pocket or a purse. I rub this on my wrists and on my neck, right at my hairline, but never near clothing, as I'd been warned by SAs and reviewers alike of its staining ability. The scent is all gorgeous, sweet, true jasmine, and it lingers throughout the day, and even into evening without need of reapplication. I suppose I could have been satisfied with the solid, but, like most addicts, I had to have the other too... so off I went for the spray.

The first half hour or so of the spray is just as dreamy. It's like sitting in a bed of jasmine with a honey scented candle lit somewhere nearby. Then, suddenly, a soft whisper of wheat - or maybe bread? After an hour, it's much clearer, and it's like I'm standing in a kitchen with an armful of fresh baked loaves, with some remnant jasmine perfume lingering somewhere, although I can't tell where, in the room, not even on me.

So, as it stands, I'm a Lust solid fan. The spray leaves something to be desired for me, but no worries. The solid is cheaper anyway.

on 1/5/2011 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This fragrance is jasmine. If you don't like jasmine, don't buy it. It is easy to carry in a purse. The fragrance lasts for about an hour or two. Strange that they colored it slightly rose.
Nice enough for the 8 bucks.

on 1/3/2011 11:41:00 AM

Indolic jasmine in super-concentrated form. It has displaced L'artisan's La Haie Fleurie from its top place in my list of "Too heady, steer away" fragrances. Actually, that one feels pretty wearable after this one. If you can't handle the cat pee, poop associations of indoles, run for the hills.

on 12/28/2010 5:18:00 PM

My fave thing from LUSH. it smells like flying fox & godiva shampoo bar. I love jasmine smells lol. I don't understand the red dye though..I wish they would remove the dyes from the solid perfumes

I love it! I got the solid perfume, which I find easiest to apply. The samples smell strange in the store, but this is delicious when you actually wear it.... a really deep jasmine. It lasts a long time too.

on 11/16/2010 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This perfume smells great. It is the richest most indulgent jasmine ever. If you like their Flying Fox shower gel it's like that yet MORE so.

Here's the problem: it leaves a bright pink stain on your clothes. The stain doesn't show up right away--- it can take days to appear. My dry cleaner was able to get it out of most of my clothes, just not this one thin cotton blouse .Sigh.

It's so weird that the stain doesnt show up till days later but it's true. I did a spot test on an old shirt and it proved that this was the perfume doing it.

If you are very careful in where you spray it you should be fine. But i love to put perfume on my clothes so I can't realy wear it anymore.

I havent had this issue with any other Lush scents.

on 11/8/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I bought this for a family member and she let me try it. I used to love flying fox, and this smell very simliar. Not a fan now though. Way too heavy on the jasmine. But if thats your thing, then go for it!

Popular Fragrances