E.L.F. Shimmer Eye Liner

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/5/2011 1:25:00 PM

Bought this in purple, very pretty colour, but washing it off at the end if the day left me with dark pink stains from the pigment. It looked like I had hayfever eyes! Won't buy this again, though the cream liner in the pots works fine for the price.

on 1/28/2011 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in a package with other elf eyeliners. I actually like this eyeliner, because the colour shows upp really nice, and because it has glitter in it. I dislike that the cap dosent completely cover the eyeliner, and when you sharpen it, in stays in the shapener, its hard to take out, so its bad, because germs just collect. Other than that, the eyeliner is good.

on 1/9/2011 7:50:00 PM

This product was ok. I bought this to try out the brand and it didn't suck. The colors are pretty and pigmented. It does rub right off and doesn't go on the waterline. I use it as a base and it's not bad.

on 12/28/2010 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

These eyeliners are beautifully shaded and richly pigmented. They glide on easily without tugging. I wouldn't call them smudge proof but they do stay in place pretty well compared to most pencil eyeliners. I don't really care for the built in sharpener - it's hard to keep clean and you can end up getting eyeliner all over your fingers every time you use it. Overall though I would call this a pretty good buy for $1.

on 12/22/2010 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I got this in Plum Purple and I really like it. It could do with a bit more pigment but it's creamy and so easy to use although it could be softer. The ELF eyeliner is one of the best shimmer ones I've used - it actually *is* shimmery. One I bought from Avon just had erratic bits of glitter in it and it was so solid and useless. The sharpener in the lid is very useful and creates a nice sharp point. I will definitely be buying other colours!

on 12/9/2010 1:56:00 AM

I started out with Gunmetal and now I have expanded to additional colors. I ordered every color with the exception of Ivory and Black. All of the eye liner colors are gorgeous, but my two favorites are Gunmetal and Boldly Bronzed.

I live in the So CA desert with temperatures over 100 degrees, and I wore Gunmetal all summer without any smudging. As I matter of fact, when I received the new colors, I swatched the liners on my hand ~ I couldn't even get the eye liner off with soap and water. I had to use a makeup cleansing pad. That's how well this eye pencil stays on.

It has some shimmer and sheen ~ just the right amount. It's soft, creamy; does not break when you are applying it on your lids. You will need to sharpen frequently, if you like a fine point. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this little gem ~ it's a great value and a great price for a buck.

on 11/15/2010 3:31:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm a professional, but I use this entire collection for personal use. I'm a redhead with hazel eyes, and the teal is perfect. I have so many teal shadows. These are fun, though. The green and plum are also great colors. They stay on all day without touchups. Another great buy.

on 11/15/2010 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

really good eyeliners, except I hate the factthat try aren't waterproof so they stick to my eyelash curler -__-. I love how they are glittery & very smooth to put on, except the purple died my eyelid like a weird red, I'm not sure if I was allergic but It did make my eyes a teeny bit puffy. I still use them tho haha. great buy for only $1. also I love how they come with sharpeners. I can use them to sharpen all of my eyeliners with no problems =)

on 11/9/2010 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

i cannot find a reason to hate any of the elf eyeliners. This is no exception, this product is wonderful. I own both Shimmer Eye Liner and Brightening eye liner in the color black. Shimmer Eye liner is super softer and has a black sheen look to it. Brightening eyeliner is stark matte black is also soft (shimmer liners are alot softer). This eyeliner reminds me of Urban Decay Glide on pencil. Shimmer liner comes with a sharpner which is higly convenient, how clever!! I would definitely buy this product again, preferrably in a different color.

on 11/8/2010 2:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I originally loved this product. The application was creamy, well pigmented, it had a beautiful sheen to it (not necessarily glittery), and the sharpener actually worked very well. I will say that the creamy pencil can get stuck in the sharpener. Not impossible to remove, just irritating.

BUT...
A few nights ago when out to eat I had a mild sneezing fit. My eyes barely watered, and I didn't scratch nor rub my face. I pulled out my mirror to see how much makeup I had wiped off when blowing my nose, and the liner was smudged beyond words. Just from a mild sneezing fit. It honestly looked like I was going for the most horrible emo smokey eye imaginable. I'm not too eager to wear it again. But it was $1, so I can't complain about wasting money.