November 23, 2014 | 1730 users online

Hair Treatments - Garnier - Blow Dry Perfector

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2011 11:00:00 AM More reviews by tgrbic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fine but curly hair with some frizz. I used this product - in fact, I only used half of it, and was really surprised at how well it worked. It took NOTHING to blow out my hair perfectly straight - maybe 10 minutes. And no flat iron. It's been 10 days and still hanging in there. The bonus for me is that I get two applications from each package! My hair is just below my shoulders.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by ravnoss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far so good@ My at home color still intact and my dry ends actually look shinier than before. We'll see how it looks tomorrow and I'll add to the review. My hair is naturally spiral curls, coarse and frizzy. I have to load my hair with an expensive combination of products that are only available online just to give my hair some texture to give my hair some shine and weight. When I want straight hair, I either have to weigh it down with jojoba oil and take an extra hour to blowdry, or crisp it up in the flat iron that only lasts one day. I am not affiliated with Loreal, Garnier or any other company to promote sales or advertising. I am simply a do it yourselfer who is always coloring, straightening, glossing, etc at home to save money. I came very close to getting the brazilian treatments for free in exchange for doing an online video of the process. I was not 100% impressed with the results I had seen so far and leery of how my hair would be affected. Biggest fear was having only straight hair as an option, not being able to choose as I do now which style will I wear today?: straight or curly? This gives a much shorter result so I I am committed to that.

Yes! This product is awesome, after blowdrying straight, my blowout lasted for 4 days without washing and only minor flat ironing. It was like I got a salon blowout, but shinier. My hair dresser trimmed my hair today and could not believe my hair. It usually starts frizzing up and cork screw curls appear while air drying, today, my hair was smoother, heavier and shinier while air drying. I did another blowout after re-rinsing and it's beautiful! Honestly. I just need to find out how soon I can use this product again. I can't wait. NO DAMAGE, WHATSOEVER. Yeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Months later, I still have strands of hair that are stick straight and my natural curls trying to come back. I am not necessarily against it, but I can say for a fact that my hair is in such poor condition and the main reason would be this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2010 9:43:00 AM More reviews by kslocum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have had great success with this product, with results similar to the salon Keratin treatments I had been getting. It's a chemical straightener so it's not going to coddle your hair, but if your careful with conditioning and treating your hair gently afterward, the results are amazing. Plus I'm a tough case: I have frizzy, dry, color treated hair. A great at home alternative to expensive salon services!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by txchicinwa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really don't understand all the negative reviews because this is a great product. It did exactly what it was supposed to. It didn't damage my hair or any of the other things other reviewers are saying. Yes, it does smell bad but I believe it even says that it will in the directions. My hair feels absolutely fabulous, not dry at all. It's shiny, straight, and very healthy looking. Maybe some are expecting too much. If you have not so healthy hair to begin with, it's not going to do miracles on your hair. I can't stop running my fingers through my hair because it is so silky smooth. I'm extremely surprised because I normally do not like Garnier products at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ladysonoma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think what's going here is Garnier has advertised a product as though it's a non professional product. But, let's face it, us wavy/curly/frizzies are not the majority market. People like us are very familiar with "products" and "straightening" and "chemicals," and Garnier has mis advertised this product as harmless and "anyone can use it." The fact is, if one hasn't a clue about chemicals, straightening, etc... than this product is not for most people. It may say no chemicals or relaxers, but make no mistake, this IS a chemical that is supposed to neutralize and relax frizz and, therefore, waves in hair.

My review:

Smells bad but it does work. My hair is pin straight and looks like one of those tv model's hair.

I'm sure Garnier will improve their formula and smell in the future.

I'm shocked at all the bad reviews, especially at the cost. My hair is the middle of should blades and I've still got enough product to last about three months. One does not need to use the entire tubes in one setting.

Again, people don't understand that, even though this says "no chemical relaxers," etc., it's still a chemical that's supposed to neutralize and relax curls and waves. If one is going to use this product, they need to compensate with extra conditioning; otherwise one will suffer from dry/damaged hair. Me? I smooth my ends down every night with a leave in conditioner or a "moisturizing" serums (not a straightening serum because they have a ton of cones), so my hair looks fab despite the fact that I bleach, dye cherry red, and straighten multiple times per week.

I did not follow the directions for this exactly, but I work with my hair and products enough to know what can/cannot be done.

I did not wash my hair, but I just applied the 20 minute serum to my dry hair. I rinsed once, then put on the Garnier Fortifying conditioner. I rinsed.

When my hair was damp, I applied Garnier Leave In Conditioner, then when damp, I applied the perfect it cream. I air dried, and the next morning my hair was gorgeous. I got out the flat iron, and the results were AMAZING. I'm amazed. My hair is soft, silky, all that stuff. I have a combination head of 2a to 3a straight to wavy to curly hair.

Also, the conditioning should continue for a week or two after the actual application of the product. Unfortunately, that's the downside to chemical treatments, the damage is permanent, so the extra conditioning may become permanent, unless you have strong hair to begin with.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/20/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kahughes

Ewww. Ewww. Ewww. Although I read the TERRIBLE reviews before purchasing this product, I had to try it for myself...I'm just one of those people. First of all, the smell was pretty bad. My husband kept telling me he hated the way my hair smelled. The scent also lingered in my house for an entire day. Next, this product did nothing but make my hair feel like glue. Seriously. It did nothing to make my hair smoother or easier to blow dry. Worthless.
The first time I washed it after using this product was the worst. I attempted to let my hair air dry, but my hair just felt so sticky - like I had used wayyy too much product and not washed my hair for days - that I had to blow it out a bit just to be able to run my fingers through my hair! I thought the product would start to wash out the second and third times that I washed it, but nope - still glue after the first couple of washes. I finally used Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo, scrubbed, and washed it thoroughly twice. This did the trick, although it stripped my highlights quite a bit. However, I'd rather have faded highlights than glue-like hair. Anyway, another wash or two and hopefully my hair will be back to normal.
GROSS. PLEASE stay away.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by suedan76

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does smell like perm solution. The first time I used it, I hated it and thought it made my hair too dry. However, now my hair blow dries perfectly and it has been about one week since I applied. My hair is much more manageable. It is silky and easy to blow dry...previously it was coarse. I will buy and use again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is complete junk. I have a friend that used this and it RUINED her hair. Garnier needs to pull this off the shelves and they also should be refunding everyone's money. And I agree all the positive reviews are by Garnier employees. I will NEVER use Garnier products again or their parent company L'OREAL...I hope they are listening!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by husveges

I have been losing a lot of hair for the past few months. I'm not sure that it's the fault of this product, but it certainly began after I used the product. I had this happen once before after dyeing my hair red.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Mooberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to give a thanks to everyone out there. I actually bought this product and then read reviews just in case and i'm so glad I did! I have naturally curly dyed blonde hair. When I read that it would ruin my colour and dry out my already naturally dry hair I returned it right away. a big thanks to everyone you save my hair <3 I will never buy garnier products again they are never that good anyways.

p.s i'm not surprised since Garnier is owned by l'oreal and their products are BS too.