October 23, 2014 | 2133 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:51:00 AM More reviews by aperfectdisplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the original and am a fan of acai but this is way too slick and glossy and tastes like chewable children's tylenol. My boyfriend won't kiss me with this on :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by RachelOaktree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just bought this product and as soon as I put it on I was in love with the smell, which is a much more pleasant scent than the Pomegranate Burt's Bees. It feels great on my lips, very soft and light :)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by mtnsunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The smell was overwhelming, like uber sugary Sweet Tarts. I had it on for about a half hour before I was thoroughly nauseated and wiped it off. When I returned it to Walgreens, even the clerk said it smelled terrible. I'll stick with the pomegranate one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by LaFenikkusu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This lip balm was great for me. I have really chapped, dry lips and the first time I used this my lips already looked rejuvenated and moist. This lip balm does what it says it does, and I'm glad. In Canada it's about 4-5 dollars but it's worth it.The balm goes on smoothly and it smells amazing. It smells like Fruit Roll Ups! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 5:41:00 AM More reviews by princesstabitha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS LIP BALM =)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleLillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this was just ok, doesn't really do much to moisturize, as it feels waxy and just sits on my lips. At least it does smell or taste bad

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

THE most savvy marketing plan coupled with THE most MEDIOCRE product line. That sums up Burt's Bee's for me from its famous first product to the whole line of expected soaps, lip balms and scrubs.

THIS is the reason why when I read even a really useful site like MUA I think Caveat Emptor, taking all the recommendations - good and bad - with large pinches of salt, scepticism and common sense. That said, I like to think that amongst all the vested interest postings out there, most people really want to help.

The Lemon Butter hand cream is way too slippery and greasy. The cleansers are sub-par. It's all ho-hum stuff. All of the Burt's Bees products I've tried have been in gift bags from various functions. There's no way I'd spend a brass farthing on ineffecutal products like this. I end up giving it away to people who just want to have something from Burt's Bees on their shelf. You can sell anything if you just market it right.

But I work too long and too hard for my money to be seduced by cute 'n' clever marketing alone. The product has to acutally WORK.
I'll pay top dollar for products I love that work, but they'd better sing for their supper and hold up well every day. Burt's Bees, while a marketing wonder, leaves me unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels great; smells great. Love the purple cap of the tube and how easily it does its job. Burt's Bees always enthralls me with their lip balms. Definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by yellowspottedtoad

Having never eaten Flintstones vitamins, I can't say for sure that the smell of the Acai lip balm reminds me of them. However, it definitely reminds me of Rockets, those cheap Halloween candies that fill up half the bag. It doesn't smell that awful, but since I dislike strong scents, I didn't like the lingering fake berry, slightly baby powdery smell.

On the other hand, I love how easily it sinks in and how quickly my lips absorb the product. It seems much smoother and softer than the original peppermint one and much better than the Pomegranate version, whose smell was also a put off for me.

I also thought the packaging was pretty. I like the purple cap that contrasts with the yellow.

I took one off for the smell, but that's very subjective. If they made this product scentless I'd definitely buy this again, since it is the creamiest, lightest (but not drying) lip balm I've purchased in quite a while.

Note: this product is not tinted like the pomegranate one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips are very dry and I usually slather on heavier-duty balms and butters, but I needed a tube-style, un-tinted product and my options were limited so I tried this on a whim. This is the first Burt's Bee's balm that I've tried, so I can't compare it to their others. It definitely smells like Flintstones vitamins, but that doesn't bother me. Compared to other twist-up lip balms, this is an excellent product - seems to sink in and moisturize my lips. I don't have to reapply as often as I typically do - probably half as often as an average tube. I also appreciate the relatively safe ingredients, since so much lip product is inevitably ingested. For $3, I will definitely repurchase in order to have them on hand, and will probably try the others in the line.