April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Rejuvenating Lip Balm with Acai Berry

rated 2 of 5 on 1/12/2011 4:01:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleLillie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this was just ok, doesn't really do much to moisturize, as it feels waxy and just sits on my lips. At least it does smell or taste bad

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2011 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Beaumonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

THE most savvy marketing plan coupled with THE most MEDIOCRE product line. That sums up Burt's Bee's for me from its famous first product to the whole line of expected soaps, lip balms and scrubs.

THIS is the reason why when I read even a really useful site like MUA I think Caveat Emptor, taking all the recommendations - good and bad - with large pinches of salt, scepticism and common sense. That said, I like to think that amongst all the vested interest postings out there, most people really want to help.

The Lemon Butter hand cream is way too slippery and greasy. The cleansers are sub-par. It's all ho-hum stuff. All of the Burt's Bees products I've tried have been in gift bags from various functions. There's no way I'd spend a brass farthing on ineffecutal products like this. I end up giving it away to people who just want to have something from Burt's Bees on their shelf. You can sell anything if you just market it right.

But I work too long and too hard for my money to be seduced by cute 'n' clever marketing alone. The product has to acutally WORK.
I'll pay top dollar for products I love that work, but they'd better sing for their supper and hold up well every day. Burt's Bees, while a marketing wonder, leaves me unimpressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by medusacanibal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Feels great; smells great. Love the purple cap of the tube and how easily it does its job. Burt's Bees always enthralls me with their lip balms. Definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by yellowspottedtoad

Having never eaten Flintstones vitamins, I can't say for sure that the smell of the Acai lip balm reminds me of them. However, it definitely reminds me of Rockets, those cheap Halloween candies that fill up half the bag. It doesn't smell that awful, but since I dislike strong scents, I didn't like the lingering fake berry, slightly baby powdery smell.

On the other hand, I love how easily it sinks in and how quickly my lips absorb the product. It seems much smoother and softer than the original peppermint one and much better than the Pomegranate version, whose smell was also a put off for me.

I also thought the packaging was pretty. I like the purple cap that contrasts with the yellow.

I took one off for the smell, but that's very subjective. If they made this product scentless I'd definitely buy this again, since it is the creamiest, lightest (but not drying) lip balm I've purchased in quite a while.

Note: this product is not tinted like the pomegranate one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by SarahMcD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

My lips are very dry and I usually slather on heavier-duty balms and butters, but I needed a tube-style, un-tinted product and my options were limited so I tried this on a whim. This is the first Burt's Bee's balm that I've tried, so I can't compare it to their others. It definitely smells like Flintstones vitamins, but that doesn't bother me. Compared to other twist-up lip balms, this is an excellent product - seems to sink in and moisturize my lips. I don't have to reapply as often as I typically do - probably half as often as an average tube. I also appreciate the relatively safe ingredients, since so much lip product is inevitably ingested. For $3, I will definitely repurchase in order to have them on hand, and will probably try the others in the line.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2010 1:04:00 PM More reviews by toastedlembas

On a whim, I bought this instead of my usual BB Replenishing Pomegranate. It isn't awful, but, as others have said, the lack of color is a bit disappointing.
It moisturizes fairly well, although I've had some days where the moisture doesn't seem to penetrate, and then my lips feel dry as soon as the product wears off. Still, for the most part it gets the job done, and I enjoy the fruity scent. I won't be hurrying back to get it (definitely would choose the pomegranate first!), but it isn't a terrible product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by LadyPeach

A sheer lip balm that not only feels but smells wonderful. Burt's Bees has done it again with this one! I find that this lip balm is very creamy than the others (but then again, most are vs the original BB). Glides on so easily and leaves no tint on your lips, as opposed to the Pomegranate. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 12:20:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The description of the scent of this balm below as "Flintstones chewable vitamins" is dead on. It smells exactly like those chewable vitamins I used to be forced to eat daily. I HATED them so much, everytime I was forced to chew those things, I used to hold my breath, break the vitamin into several chunks in my mouth and then drink a lot of water to rinse them down. Yes, that is how much I hated those chewable vitamins. And that, is my problem with this balm. It is better than the original, which I don't understand why everyone hypes over, the original is so waxy...This is better, smoother and creamier, lasting power is about average, and is still in that yellow plastic tube, but with a dark purple lid (which I diiiiig because I love purple!!). BUT geez why would they make them smell like vitamins?! Acai berry does NOT smell like this...Anyway, if you are into those chewable vitamins, or don't mind a little artificial berry scent, then you should go with this instead of the original. I think it is much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by FacePuncher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A great, new moisturizing lip blam from Burt's. Has a nice scent and isn't waxy in texture. Very smooth and a great lip blam for the price. One of Burt's Bees best in my opinion.
One thing you should know though. The balm isn't tinted, like the pomagranate one. I sort of excpeted this to have a purple tint, but it is clear (like the original or the honey lip blams). At least the moisturizing properties and the scent more than make up for the lack of color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by BoxcarJessie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hoping that this one would have a purple tint as well, since the Pomegranate balm has a hint of red. It goes on clear but I wasn't disappointed as the balm is just as high quality as my go to, BB's Replenishing balm! Personally, I love that it tastes and smells like Flintstones chewable vitamins! It's a nice blast from the past and it isn't overwhelming or anything. The acai balm is packed with anti-oxidants and multi-vitamins...for me, it's better as a medicated balm for extreme dryness than an everyday balm, like my Replenishing one. I love it, nonetheless! Another winner from Burt's Bees! Woohoo! Winter's a comin' and I know this will be in my coat pocket always.

xoxoxo