BeneFit Cosmetics The POREfessional

3.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, dimethiccone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, isononyl isononanoate, silica, dimethicone crosspolymore, isodedecane, phenoxyethanol, polymethyl methacrylsate, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), cyclohexasiloxane, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), mico, iron oxides, (CI 77492), limonene, iron oxides (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77499), triethoxycaprylylsilane, BHT.

on 4/29/2015 8:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I was excited to use this because people tell me they kept going back to it because it's so good. All I can say is that I have no idea why..

I'm not a fan of silicone based primers because of the clogged feeling, but I hate my open pores so I'll persevere. This primer added no staying power to my makeup (tbf it didn't claim to) but it didn't even reduce the appearance of my pores,, no matter how many different ways I tried using it, so my foundation and concealer just sank in as normal, and at times looked even worse with it there.

So disappointing when you're excited to try a product.

on 4/28/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought a trial size of this from Ulta recently to incorporate into my makeup routine and this broke me out horribly. Thankfully I stopped using very soon after noticing the bad breakout it was causing and plan on purchasing the Lancôme La Base pro primer soon. That product is oil-free and makes my makeup look amazing. If you have sensitive acne-prone skin. I would use this primer with extreme caution.

on 4/22/2015 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

For me, this is like putting plastic wrap over my skin. It is occlusive and makes me break out. If you have a similar problem and still want to use primer, try LORAC POREfection, which has salicylic acid and antioxidants.

on 4/22/2015 12:57:00 PM

This is amazing stuff!! Due to it being a little pricey, I bought the travel size tube and use it only for special events, not everyday wear. Minimizes pores and it just lets you glide your make up on like a pro. Deff a thumbs up!!

on 4/22/2015 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is good at making your skin smooth before putting on foundation, sometimes I even use it without foundation. But it is not that great and I can totally do my make up without it. Not recommended.

on 4/17/2015 10:35:00 AM

I've had this for a while now and while I'm not "wowed," I have found a useful way to apply it in my daily routine.

Background: I have oily-ish skin with large pores. My skin is pretty good, no acne but I have a ruddy tone without a base on. I don't hate my large pores, because like, they're just pores, but sometimes I like a flawless appearance.

I find that when I use this all over, it actually decreases the wear time of my favorite foundations. It doesn't really do much for oil control, either. So I've been spot priming, which is a concept that I had never thought of before but is sooooo simple and amazing. I use this primer on my nose and the inside of my cheeks, and it does help to fill in pores and give a smoother overall appearance. Then I use other primers on the rest of my face, depending. This helps use less of this expensive product, too.

This is silicone-y but it has never broken me out, and I'm sensitive to silicones. It has a slight tint that does help blur imperfections. Honestly, I'm glad I have it and I won't run out anytime soon b/c of how little I use, but I probably won't repurchase.

on 4/17/2015 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

pros: Blurs imperfections. cons: Expensive. Doesn't last past an hour on my dry combo skin. Emphasises dry patches. Doesn't do anything as a primer.

on 4/12/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Although I am super happy with my current primer, I decided to finally try this one out because... well, I have 10 samples of this (no exaggeration) bc apparently Ulta does not change up their online "free samples" with purchase routine ever, and this is what I am sent every dang week. In a nutshell, I am not a fan of this product.

Upon application, this feels great - yet absolutely no different than pretty much any other primer I have ever tried (and trust me when I say I have tried MANY). The first time/day I used it I did a full face application and applied my L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation-these two in combination gave me a cakey look, which I totally did not expect considering how smooth this "dewey look" foundation is. The second day I used it yet again all over but with the new Estee Lauder Perfectionist foundation - yuk! Same cakey effect. So I did some research and noticed even though it's not advertised as a product specifically for oily skin, those are the folks raving about it and since my skin is dry perhaps that's the issue. Because of this on my 3rd application I only used it on the pores at the side of nose but unfortunately I got the same effect (this time I used Clinique CC cream which is always flawless but wasn't in this combo). Cakey or not, I still didn't notice any "minimizing" or blurring of pores.

Yeah, I don't get the hype on this one. This actually is the worst primer I have ever tried.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for two weeks, and so far it hasn't broke me out. I'm really pleased with this stuff! I don't have a lot of experience with Primers, and I've only tried drugstore primers in the past. But this one is really amazing compared to others I've tried. I actually understand why people use these now! It does help to smooth and diffuse large pores, and it even helps to conceal acne scars. I don't need to use this under liquid foundation, but I do use it under powder foundations, and it makes a HUGE difference. It really doesn't do much to control oil for me, not compared to UD De-slick spray, but for pores it's wonderful. I think it's a bit expensive, but totally worth it, especially for people with problem skin like me.

on 4/7/2015 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best oil controlling primer I've ever tried. This even beats Dior's Pore Minimizer due to better oil control. My skin is oily and I have pretty large pores, especially on my cheeks and nose. This primer makes my skin look smoother and my pores are practically unnoticeable. You only need to apply a small amount of the product, because if you apply too much, your foundation will look cakey. I only apply it to my cheeks, nose and chin, in other words to the parts where I get oily. This way, I save a lot of product. The formula is easy to blend.

If I don't wear primer, my foundation stays matte for about 4 hours before I need touch ups. With porefessional I need to blot oil after 7 hours from application. This is why I find the porefessional superior to other products, it prolongs the wear of foundation significantly.

I've been using the primer around 4 months and the tube is still almost full. During this time, I haven't got any breakouts. Due to these reasons, I think it's great value for the money and I'll definitely repurchase.

Popular Primer/ Correctors