LUSH Ultrabalm

4.3

Organic Cold-Pressed Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Candelilla Wax (Euphorbia cerifera), Rose Wax (Rosa damascena) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 4/23/2011 10:29:00 PM

I really like this product. It's so simple, but it works well. It heals up my chronically chapped lips like nothing else, and is pretty much the only thing that keeps my cuticles in shape. It's made of jojoba oil and two types of wax; for some reason straight jojoba oil doesn't do much for me, but this stuff works wonderfully. It sinks right in and leaves my skin soft, not greasy.

The smell isn't good (smells like wax), but it's not a big issue for an effective product. I bought the sample tin of this for $2 and it's great for keeping in my purse as a lip balm; I'll definitely be going back for the full size.

on 4/13/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This all purpose balm works great as a lip conditioner, I apply it on at night before I go to bed and I wake up with amazingly soft lips. It also works great on elbows and any area needing extra moisture. I have a feeling this will be in my must haves for a very long time!

on 4/13/2011 5:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I WISH I bought this earlier!! I was never planning to get this but walked into my local LUSH and was curious because I realised this is the one of the cheapest things in the store and yet all the SAs were raving on about it. And it's only now I get it! Ultrabalm is my new MUST-HAVE item! It's going in my uni/party/travel/carry on bag.

This is great on lips (non sticky and great to keep/enhance lip colour/stains), great on elbows and knees(my poor elbows are so much happier and softer!), the odd winter dry bits, great for making stubborn bits of hair obey (even eyebrows!), great for sun/wind burn, insect bites, AWESOME on cuticles, and TERRIFIC for TATTOOS!

EVEN STILL! 45 grams is a generous amount of balm so I'm insure how much I can possibly use this before this expires in 14 months even with all those uses! Nevertheless, my body already thanks me for it. And for $AUD7.95 ... this is a STEAL.

If you were hesitant like me, ask yourself whether you could use just the ONE THING you could whip out of your bag for just about any dry/itchy/sore bit on your body or unruly hair and makes a decision. Or even try how you like it in store? (I chose not to try it because I have a thing about everyones hands being in them :P)

on 3/26/2011 9:16:00 AM

I really like ultrabalm. I have had chronically dry and cracked lips as long as I can remember. Before buying ultrabalm, I feel like I tried *everything* without much success. But ultrabalm has helped the chapping and cracking tremendously! I generally use it at night and before applying makeup in the mornings. If I skip a couple nights, I definitely see a difference for the worse. Also, I use Differin, and I find that applying this to eyelids and around the eye area prior to putting on the Differin saves me from dry, itchy, flaky eyes!! Of course, you can use it on hands, elbows, face... anywhere you need some help! I've had my jar for about six months, and I've barely made a dent. Love it.

on 3/3/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I got this in a gift bag from a friend familiar with my beeswax allergy. It's difficult to find a good lip balm that doesn't include beeswax. Let me say that I want to marry Ultrabalm and make little supple, hydrated babies. From the first application, I knew that this was a winner. It moisturizes without making me feel greasy. I use it on my lips regularly, sometimes on my crusty hands and slathered on my face to walk the dog during a bitterly cold snap that we had in my area. As much as I (over) use this, I have yet to see an end to my now beloved Ultrabalm. When it does finish, I'm gonna cry and then rush out to buy another.

on 2/5/2011 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great product, Lush! I tried a sample of this at the Providence Lush store, then purchased a not-so-great jar of it at a NYC Lush. Dismayed, I didn't let it get me down. When I got back to CA I got a jar at the Anaheim store, and it was SO much better! This stuff is great for lips, keeping stray eyebrow hairs in place (one of my favorite uses for it), cuticles, dry spots wherever, etc. It's pretty all-purpose, and way better than vaseline (for you & the environment). Smell is sort of a hint of rose, but mostly unscented. :)

Overall, this is a really good multi-purpose product. It really does soothe and moisturize like the description says it does. Comparing this to the Egyptian Magic Cream, it's got a grittier texture, which I like, because it exfoliates my lips better. I also like how it comes in a smaller size (1.4 oz.), whereas I could only find the Egyptian Magic Cream available in a 4 oz. plastic jar. The only thing that I active dislike about this product is the smell. I tend to like my products either unscented or sweet-smelling (think of scents such as lavender, coconut, vanilla, or rose). Well, it does contain roses in it, rose wax (Damascena), that is, but the smell is more. . .spicy? In an icky sort of way. I don't know. Most people I know say that the scent of the balm is either pretty unoffensive or that they don't smell like anything at all. Maybe I'm just crazy. Anyways, if you're looking for an organic/natural alternative to a regular balm such as Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, then the Lush Ultrabalm would be worth checking out.

Love it! It strikes just the right balance - its moisturizing and you can feel the difference it makes in your skin, but without feeling heavy or leaving your hands greasy. It melts into your skin right away and lasts for a while. It's similar to Vaseline but without any petroleum.

on 9/16/2010 12:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't really use Ultrabalm for my lips but it works so wonderfully for other purposes.
It's great for moisturising really dry, flaky skin. I get patches of these on my ankles & nothing else has come close to softening them. Ultrabalm made a noticeable difference after just one use.
I use it in place of Vaseline around my hairline whilst dyeing my hair. I always found Vaseline too thick & sticky. My hair seemed magnetically drawn to it & would get stuck. Ultrabalm is thinner in texture but works as well as Vaseline for this purpose. Any dye that's dripped wipes right off, no staining at all. As an added bonus, you're left with incredibly soft skin.
Incredibly handy to keep around when you have a cold. No matter what kind of tissues I use, if I get a bad cold I always get a very sore, red nose that turns dry & flaky. Most moisturisers either can't cope with the dryness or they really sting my irritated skin. A thickish layer of Ultrabalm not only stops my nose from getting to the dry stage but it seems to take most of the redness out & absolutely no stinging or burning at all.
The packaging is great. Yes, it's in a tin which isn't always sanitary but it's a good, solid tin. You won't find random bits of stuff that collect at the bottom of your bag stuck inside the balm. It's also very easy to open, unlike some other products that come in tins.
Great multi-use product that I'll continue to repurchase over & over.

Ultrabalm is a must for any balm or salve fans! It's got a very slight herbal scent/taste, but it's uber-subtle. This balm is excellent for chapped lips and cuticles, minor lacerations/scrapes, and dry patches of skin. The only two downsides are easy for me to work around: you've got to dip your fingers in the pot and the tin dents easily. Otherwise, this product is 100% perfection.

Popular Lip Treatments