December 21, 2014 | 863 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Ultrabalm

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Hoshisma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in a gift bag from a friend familiar with my beeswax allergy. It's difficult to find a good lip balm that doesn't include beeswax. Let me say that I want to marry Ultrabalm and make little supple, hydrated babies. From the first application, I knew that this was a winner. It moisturizes without making me feel greasy. I use it on my lips regularly, sometimes on my crusty hands and slathered on my face to walk the dog during a bitterly cold snap that we had in my area. As much as I (over) use this, I have yet to see an end to my now beloved Ultrabalm. When it does finish, I'm gonna cry and then rush out to buy another.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by chaifreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great product, Lush! I tried a sample of this at the Providence Lush store, then purchased a not-so-great jar of it at a NYC Lush. Dismayed, I didn't let it get me down. When I got back to CA I got a jar at the Anaheim store, and it was SO much better! This stuff is great for lips, keeping stray eyebrow hairs in place (one of my favorite uses for it), cuticles, dry spots wherever, etc. It's pretty all-purpose, and way better than vaseline (for you & the environment). Smell is sort of a hint of rose, but mostly unscented. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2011 3:01:00 PM More reviews by isingonrooftops

Overall, this is a really good multi-purpose product. It really does soothe and moisturize like the description says it does. Comparing this to the Egyptian Magic Cream, it's got a grittier texture, which I like, because it exfoliates my lips better. I also like how it comes in a smaller size (1.4 oz.), whereas I could only find the Egyptian Magic Cream available in a 4 oz. plastic jar. The only thing that I active dislike about this product is the smell. I tend to like my products either unscented or sweet-smelling (think of scents such as lavender, coconut, vanilla, or rose). Well, it does contain roses in it, rose wax (Damascena), that is, but the smell is more. . .spicy? In an icky sort of way. I don't know. Most people I know say that the scent of the balm is either pretty unoffensive or that they don't smell like anything at all. Maybe I'm just crazy. Anyways, if you're looking for an organic/natural alternative to a regular balm such as Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, then the Lush Ultrabalm would be worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 1:19:00 PM More reviews by pineappleaftermath

Love it! It strikes just the right balance - its moisturizing and you can feel the difference it makes in your skin, but without feeling heavy or leaving your hands greasy. It melts into your skin right away and lasts for a while. It's similar to Vaseline but without any petroleum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't really use Ultrabalm for my lips but it works so wonderfully for other purposes.
It's great for moisturising really dry, flaky skin. I get patches of these on my ankles & nothing else has come close to softening them. Ultrabalm made a noticeable difference after just one use.
I use it in place of Vaseline around my hairline whilst dyeing my hair. I always found Vaseline too thick & sticky. My hair seemed magnetically drawn to it & would get stuck. Ultrabalm is thinner in texture but works as well as Vaseline for this purpose. Any dye that's dripped wipes right off, no staining at all. As an added bonus, you're left with incredibly soft skin.
Incredibly handy to keep around when you have a cold. No matter what kind of tissues I use, if I get a bad cold I always get a very sore, red nose that turns dry & flaky. Most moisturisers either can't cope with the dryness or they really sting my irritated skin. A thickish layer of Ultrabalm not only stops my nose from getting to the dry stage but it seems to take most of the redness out & absolutely no stinging or burning at all.
The packaging is great. Yes, it's in a tin which isn't always sanitary but it's a good, solid tin. You won't find random bits of stuff that collect at the bottom of your bag stuck inside the balm. It's also very easy to open, unlike some other products that come in tins.
Great multi-use product that I'll continue to repurchase over & over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by vivaglamorous

Ultrabalm is a must for any balm or salve fans! It's got a very slight herbal scent/taste, but it's uber-subtle. This balm is excellent for chapped lips and cuticles, minor lacerations/scrapes, and dry patches of skin. The only two downsides are easy for me to work around: you've got to dip your fingers in the pot and the tin dents easily. Otherwise, this product is 100% perfection.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:25:00 PM More reviews by PixieCorpse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another HG from Lush. I can't go a day without my Ultrabalm. I like their Lemony Flutter but it takes so long to sink in. This stuff melts into my skin quickly with no greasy after feel. It heals and softens skin anywhere. I've been using it on my hands every night before bed and I can't get over how long and durable my nails have become. I don't love the scent but with only 3 ingredients its expected to be light. Regardless of the scent its an amazing product. This tin will last me for a long time

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2010 8:42:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

Far be it for me to ruin the perfect score this product has here, because you guys -- Ultrabalm is AMAZING. At first I thought it was an overhyped, useless product, basically a natural version of Vaseline, am I right? But then. But then! I bit the bullet and bought it for 7.50 GBP in LUSH Edinburgh, among the raving of various SAs who were helping me pick out products. The consistency is wonderful; if you leave it somewhere warm it turns into an almost creamy paste, and if you keep it at room temperature, it is just a wee bit harder. The smell is very fresh and neutral, a slightly herbal, bland smell -- how exciting can jojoba, candelilla, and rose get? Since buying a pot of this I've used it for everything. Lips dried out from overzealous lipgloss application? Ultrabalm. Heels looking a mess due to wearing flipflops all summer? Ultrabalm. No eye makeup remover because I flew into Chicago without luggage, and had to fit everything into a quart-sized bag? Ultrabalm. Hand cream gone missing under the couch and cuticles begging for help? Ultrabalm. Mosquito bites that I wasn't prepared for? Ultrabalm. Something to help enhance the scent of my summer fragrance (Marc Jacob Daisy)? Ultrabalm.

This isn't an exaggeration. I seriously cannot think of a day I haven't used this product somewhere. Go out and buy it and prepare to be amazed. "Multipurpose" product, without a doubt. Total and complete love from this reviewer.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Leila03

This is the best product that has come around in a LONG time. I am currently on Accutane and my lips and face have been severely dry for the past few months. I especially had a horrible split/crack on a corner of my mouth that was not healing. Usually Aquaphor is my HG-but nothing was working.

Luckily I wandered into Lush and the amazing SA gave me a sample to help with the split on the side of my mouth. It took only one day/night of applying Ultrabalm to heal it. AMAZING!!!! It feels wonderful, doesn't have a strong fragrance, and most importantly heals! For the price and the size of the large tin, you are getting a lot for you money!! Go out and get this!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by BwayBaby2501

OMG. I just bought this yesterday and its absolutely amazing. It's like vaseline but the consistency is unbelievable and the smell is so light and sweet. I was about to buy the chocolate lip balm when the rep told me this would be a better value since you get way more for the price. I normally don't fall for that kind of stuff but I'm sooo happy I did!! I can't stop putting this on my lips and it just makes them look so moisturized and luscious! It was definitely worth the $12.95 CAN.
EDIT: Actually really dislike this. Definitely not meant for lips. I think I just loved this because I was in a LUSH phase. The smell and taste are gross - its literally like vaseline. I dont know what I'm going to do with it now...probably give it to my boyfriend for his elbows or something...