Lancome Tresor In Love

3.8

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I am so glad that Lancome came out with a Tresor fragrance for the younger generation. I have always been sort of a Tresor-phobe because my 80+ year old aunt and her friends wear it and honestly with me being in my mid 20's I really don't want to smell like my elderly aunt and her entourage. But Tresor in Love is a really great spicy scent, it almost smells a little like Lancome's Hypnose to me (I love Hypnose too). So I am for sure willing to adopt this as my new "life scent" reflecting a fresh sassy side of me.

i wore Tresor some time ago and while i liked it, florals is not usually my cup of tea so it was never my total favorite. Just for the hell of it, i tried Tresor in Love and totally love it. Essentially, its Tresor with some added fruit notes which makes it a bit lighter, fruitier and not quite as floral. Notes from Fragrantica: nectarine, bergamot, peach, rose, jasmine, cedar. Rose and peach come though right away, i wasn't not able to distingish another fruit note. Since i like peaches its all good. Here is the weird part-there is no vanilla but drydown smells like vanilla with some fruit. My Hubs concured and said it was nice(quite a statement coming from a guy that hates every perfume i try)
I will test it again before deciding if its FBW but I say this is very well done. Lasting power is pretty good, i was surprised by some comments that it didn't last. It lasted at least 3.5-4 hours on me and i only put on tiniest spritz.
I picture young fashionable woman in her 20s, wearing romantic floral dress-don't ask me why, that's just the image i think fits this frag. Fun, flirty and romantic

Tresor In Love is a fresher fruitier take on the regular Tresor. I was a big fan of the original, but stopped wearing it over the last ten years because it just seemed too much - too heavy and cloying and I grew tired of wearing it so much.
Then comes this new version updated to not be as heavy. The sillage and lasting power is impressive given its lighter composition. Peaches, apricots, roses...
The presentation is very effective and elegant.
A small sample lasted a month - you don't need to spray this with abandon, it's lighter and fruitier, but also concentrated enough that you don't have to keep reapplying every few hours as with some perfumes in this category.
I liked, wore and finished the sample so quickly that I upgraded my unopened 30 ml bottle for a 50 ml in a giftset that came with body lotion and shower gel. I don't expect to have to replace it anytime soon because I have a lot of other bottles on rotation.
Edit April 2012: For some reason this now reminds me a bit of the fragrance of Finesse shampoo! The original Tresor has recaptured my fickle heart. I just needed a bit of a rest from it is all - absence makes the heart grow fonder. This new flanker is shampooish and nowhere near the complexity of the original masterpiece by Sophia Grojsman. I strongly suspect that the sample I received and appreciated was perked up to be better than the actual product I bought. Either that or my nose is becoming more seasoned with time... I won't throw it out or give it away, it's still nice, but I am not as impressed as I was with my sample.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm a big fan of Tresor EDP, parfum, lotion and body cream, lightly applied.
Apricot, peach, rose, amber, vanilla. Tresor in Love is a lighter version
of Tresor, as if Lancome took out 95% of the scent and left 5% - a bit
too light and thin even for me. Nothing special here after the first blast
of scent. I like the bottle - it invites you to spritz-n-go, and fits
right in with the rest of the classic Tresor line. I'm surprised Lancome
is calling this an EDP though, since it's so very light and not especially
long lasting.

I love how fresh this smells, but floral at the same time. I love the bottle. The sillage and lasting power are poor on me. I can't really remember the original Tresor, but I do think it was stronger and more long lasting than the new version. I would buy this again to wear in the daytime but I will test the original to see if I prefer it.

I love this! Wasn't too keen on the original 'Tresor' as it is a little strong and it reminds me of the 90's when everyone seemed to be wearing Tresor but this i sgorgeous! It does smell like a fresher, almost fruitier take on the original. The staying power is great-like all Lancomes. I just bought a 30ml bottle today! Try it even if you do not like the original.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I really want to hear other people's comments on this parfum. My first impression when smelling a sample is "WOW, what a delicious smell" but I have not yet bought it.

Please, give your comments on sillage....is it a long lasting parfum?

Thanks a lot

I like smelling the original Tresor on the right people, I wish I could wear it myself but my body chemistry turns it into peach compote. I tried Tresor in Love for the possibility of an alternative but no. This may be a nice, well-rounded fragrance in its own right but I think of as a better and fuller Ange ou Demon le Secret rather than Tresor's sister. The peach is there but I find the overall composition more bland than I expected. On my skin, it also goes through a phase where it becomes rather heavy before turning creamy. The elegant bottle with a black ribbon is to die for though.

Popular Fragrances