April 16, 2014 | 1488 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this mascara, it's one of the few waterproof drugstore mascaras that keep my curl. It starts getting clumpy after two coats, so one coat I think is enough. This mascara works best if you scrape the excess product from the brush using the edge of the tube opening so you don't waste the product.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by likeablerain

I wish excited to try this. But it didn't do much for length, added more volume than anything else. Only 2/5 because it always ended up smudging to my under eye area:(

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Kishes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was skeptical about this mascara at first, but now I do not regret buying this mascara at all! Pros: - it is affordable for about 5 - 7 dollars depending on where you buy it from. (I got mine for less than 6 dollars at a nearby Walmart while it's more than six dollars at CVS.) - it didn't smudge at all for me. I wore two coats of this mascara for half a day, outside. - it does slightly lengthen. I am asian with short, straight lashes so it's important that my mascara lengthens my lashes. Despite the name, it doesn't really give me the false lash effect. it does however enhance the length of my lashes a little. - it holds the lash curl well. I did not witness any of my lashes drooping. - the spoon-like bristle wand is wonderful. I like how it's not a giant brush like some mascaras I've used in the past. It definitely caught most of my lashes. -it doesn't flake in my experience. This is one of the few mascaras that never flakes for me. This mascara also dries fast. - No clumping for me. It's easy to separate the lashes while it's wet. Cons: - it's not very black despite buying the darkest color. Two coats still isn't very pigmented. - it didn't give me much volume. This doesn't really give me the full lash effect. Honestly this is a mascara that makes my lashes look naturally enhanced instead of falsie lash effect. Overall, I recommend it to anyone. I would definitely buy this again when I finish it. It's a wet formula, but it will dry fast. It's a little hard to remove with just olive oil. I always use my Estee Lauder Take It Away makeup remover so it's not a challenge for me. I suggest using a business card to apply mascara more neatly and precisely.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am very allergic to this, and I have only ever had one other reaction to cosmetics - some cover girl mood lipstick 20 years ago. this makes my eyelids puffy and itchy. i have read many other reviews that say the same thing, or worse. i would be interested to know what the hell they put it in this mascara. if you're not allergic to it, it does work pretty well. almost as good as voluminous. really waterproof too.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:45:00 AM More reviews by kmp789

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a decent product. I don't hate it but I don't love it. First off, this stuff really is waterproof. In fact, it can be tough to get it off, even with makeup remover and oil. Because it has never flaked, smudged, or budged once it dries (which happens pretty quickly), I only wear this mascara when I work out (in fact, this is the only piece of makeup that I wear to work out since my eyelashes look nonexistent without something on them). This is also a great mascara to wear for a day out in the sun, at the beach, or going swimming because I have taken showers with this on and scrubbed my face and not even a flake of product came off! I suppose this is a good mascara for me, if only for this purpose.
This mascara gives a natural look to my lashes, only slightly enhanced; no crazy length or volume is added to my lashes- just enough to give a boost. In no way do I see results like false lashes. However, I do not put on more than one coat so maybe this would give that effect if more coats were layered on. Also, it holds my lashes curl better than most other mascaras I've tried- the formula do not weigh them down which is nice.
From my experience, the only accurate part of this product name is the word "waterproof". I would probably only repurchase if it was on sale or I had a coupon since there are so many other mascaras with waterproof formulas out there to try.
P.S. If you are sensitive to smells in products, this may not be your favorite mascara. Mine has a rather strong scent in the tube (not in the best way) but it goes away pretty quickly. I do not mind it but it is something to be aware of.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by BriSchmied

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had very high expectations for this, but it doesn't suit me at all. It added a little volume and clumped. It dried very, very fast and it's really hard to get off. I expected waay better results.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by sgray0721

This product was just okay for me. It held up to its waterproof claims and didn't smudge for me. My only issue was how hard it was to take off. I showered, then used waterproof makeup removed. Not much came off. I then tried a little olive oil, hoping it would loosen what was left of the product. The next morning I woke up with raccoon eyes. This stuff won't go away!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by perehudoff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did not hold up to its waterproof claim. It smudged onto my under eye and brown bone worse than my non-waterproof mascaras. The price is fine for a drugstore mascara and would be good if it was actually waterproof and performed as advertised. I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm pretty satisfied with this mascara!
My lashes are bone straight and not very impressive (Asian), so I've always had to use waterproof. I've used everything from blinc, clinique, lancome, cover girl, Kiss me Heroine etc... Everything from low end to high. Recently, I've been trying tubing mascaras because I noticed since summer hit, my usual kiss me heroin mascara was smudging a lot and giving me racoon eyes. While clinique's high impact curling mascara and blinc mascara did not smudge at all, they did not hold me curl at all! I could see the curls immediately uncurling as I was applying these mascaras! So I picked up the falsies in waterproof since it was only 5 bucks and here is what I've experience

pros:
holds a stiff curl, pretty impressed with this aspect
Some volume
no clump (so far, since it's a new tube)
I got the curved brush and application is easy
So far no smudge

cons:
no much length

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied and when compared with other mascaras I've used in the past, this one definitely can hold its own. I would purchase again if I don't find something better. Everyone raves about kiss me heroine and I've been using that for the past 2 years and when I compare falsies with kiss me heroine, I can honestly say that the falsies lives up to the same level of performance. No need to go to ebay and wait for a shipment for me anymore since I'll probably continue to use this until something better comes along!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2013 11:54:00 PM More reviews by orenjinominh

Okay, we all know that there is a very real struggle called Asian short sparse straight lashes. Not to mention my eyes are so small that when I smile my mascara tends to smudge. That's why Lancome's Definicils was my HG for a very long time.

But let's admit it, over 20 bucks for a mascara? I had to find a DS alternative. I tried the rocket. It's very nice, but there are days where I reach for my definicils over it. Based on a friend's rec, I tried this out.

Spoon shaped wand: brilliant..I can reach all lashes, even the shortest one in the corner without taking out my eye.

Wet, buildable formula that's waterproof and very very black: what more do you want?? It also holds a curl so well and looks super dramatic, like a ghettofabulous Diorshow.

Doesn't transfer with wear: YES!

And the kicker? 5 whole bucks. Yes. I will repurchase. This is one DS mascara where the hype is worth it.