February 1, 2015 | 2042 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by SepiaRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This eyeliner really surprised me. I was expecting a bulkier version of Perfect Point Plus but it's highly pigmented and goes on really smoothly. It blends great and unlike Perfect Point lasts a solid 8-10 hrs before it starts to smudge and fade bit. The only thing preventing this from being a 5 is that when you sharpen, it shaves off a good bit of the product so it runs out pretty quickly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by erawr

I absolutely love this eyeliner! It glides on very smoothly and once it sets, it stays put all day! I'm a huge cry-baby and this eyeliner does not budge when I cry. The colour of the liner is very pigmented. It smudges very well but you have to smudge it quickly because once the liner sets, it doesn't budge. I don't like wearing eyeliner on my waterline so I can't comment on how well it performs there.

I'm hoping to try the other colors of this product and I hope that the quality remains the same throughout. Definitely something worth trying!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by lwb123

I bought this liner with high expectations, because I heard a lot about it on Youtube. But, never-the-less, it's an awful product. When I swatched it on my hand, with one swipe pressing pretty hard, it gave a nice, pigmented black color, but it did not give the same effect as a liquid liner would. When trying to apply to my upper lash line as a very, very, thin line, it was awful. I'm afraid if I press harder, then I will get a very thick line, which is not what I'm going for. The smudger doesn't really smudge a line for the life of me. Overall, this was way to expensive ($8.99) for a cheap-y liner. Sorry, Covergirl.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by vampira428

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an ok eyeliner. I was looking for a more intense black eyeliner that would be good for the waterline but its neither. I did like that it doesn't bother my contact lenses.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by shoeandpursegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall a good pencil eyeliner. Glides on well and lasts all day. I can do a nice cat eye look w/this pencil just perfectly

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by incognitodorito

I'd just like to say that i haven't purchased a covergirl product in YEARS (think back in highschool which was nearly 8 years ago...) so my expectations of cover girl cosmetics were kind of low. I saw a bunch of people ranting about this liner on youtube and figured i'd give it a shot. I purchased three black eye liners, one from rimmel, one from NYC, and then this... This is by far the best liner i've had! It is semi-comparable (but not entirely) to MAC fluidline in black track but in stick form. Goes on very smooth; had some waterline resistance but i didn't try setting it with a shadow. Line is great, precise, and won't smudge. If this would stay on my waterline, then i do believe i've found a new HG eyeliner... sorry MAC....

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by flirtylashes

It is a good eyeliner. It gives you a very intense black. The only problem with it is that its impossible to sharpen. I literally had to break the smudger off so I could stick a Q-tip in there to push up the liner. It also is very water resistant and is a killer to get off your bottom lash line. Overall its a good eyeliner the only con is the fact that you cant sharpen it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

PROS:
doesn't smudge... at all
drugstore product
nice texture, creamy but not so creamy that you waste product and it slides off
CONS:
smudger is absolute BS
can't get a very thin line
wish it was more pigmented

overall , its pretty amazing and i would repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by jmbialek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this eyeliner! I use drugstore liners almost exclusively and this is by far the best one I've ever bought. I grab this liner when I am in a hurry to put my makeup on in the morning and I need a liner that will go on quickly, smoothly, and precisely. I barely need to apply any pressure to my lid and it gives a rich black line without any tugging. Basically this liner is fool-proof! It also stays on all day long for me; though I do have very dry skin and lids so I usually don't have problems with my liners running or fading away.

The only criticism I can come up with is the fact that it does run out quickly. Since it is so smooth and gel-like, the point gets dull easily and I find myself sharpening it all the time, so the liner becomes a stub before you know it. Besides this, I believe this liner is worth every penny.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by heavenscent1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really great drugstore eyeliner, especially if you like softer pencils, like those from Urban Decay or Make Up For Ever. It is a dark true black, and glides on really easily. No tugging at all. I already went out and bought a backup!