Cover Girl Liquiline Blast - Blackfire

3.9

Cyclopentasiloxane, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), C11 12 Isoparaffin, Polybutene, Hydrogenated Cottonseed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Ceresin, Ozokerite, Microcrystalline Wax, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), May Contain:, Iron Oxides, Mica, Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ultramarines, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Green, Copper Powder, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet, Zinc Oxide

on 5/13/2011 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This eyeliner really surprised me. I was expecting a bulkier version of Perfect Point Plus but it's highly pigmented and goes on really smoothly. It blends great and unlike Perfect Point lasts a solid 8-10 hrs before it starts to smudge and fade bit. The only thing preventing this from being a 5 is that when you sharpen, it shaves off a good bit of the product so it runs out pretty quickly.

on 3/31/2011 6:21:00 PM

I absolutely love this eyeliner! It glides on very smoothly and once it sets, it stays put all day! I'm a huge cry-baby and this eyeliner does not budge when I cry. The colour of the liner is very pigmented. It smudges very well but you have to smudge it quickly because once the liner sets, it doesn't budge. I don't like wearing eyeliner on my waterline so I can't comment on how well it performs there.

I'm hoping to try the other colors of this product and I hope that the quality remains the same throughout. Definitely something worth trying!

on 3/23/2011 7:14:00 PM

I bought this liner with high expectations, because I heard a lot about it on Youtube. But, never-the-less, it's an awful product. When I swatched it on my hand, with one swipe pressing pretty hard, it gave a nice, pigmented black color, but it did not give the same effect as a liquid liner would. When trying to apply to my upper lash line as a very, very, thin line, it was awful. I'm afraid if I press harder, then I will get a very thick line, which is not what I'm going for. The smudger doesn't really smudge a line for the life of me. Overall, this was way to expensive ($8.99) for a cheap-y liner. Sorry, Covergirl.

on 2/19/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This is an ok eyeliner. I was looking for a more intense black eyeliner that would be good for the waterline but its neither. I did like that it doesn't bother my contact lenses.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Overall a good pencil eyeliner. Glides on well and lasts all day. I can do a nice cat eye look w/this pencil just perfectly

I'd just like to say that i haven't purchased a covergirl product in YEARS (think back in highschool which was nearly 8 years ago...) so my expectations of cover girl cosmetics were kind of low. I saw a bunch of people ranting about this liner on youtube and figured i'd give it a shot. I purchased three black eye liners, one from rimmel, one from NYC, and then this... This is by far the best liner i've had! It is semi-comparable (but not entirely) to MAC fluidline in black track but in stick form. Goes on very smooth; had some waterline resistance but i didn't try setting it with a shadow. Line is great, precise, and won't smudge. If this would stay on my waterline, then i do believe i've found a new HG eyeliner... sorry MAC....

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

It is a good eyeliner. It gives you a very intense black. The only problem with it is that its impossible to sharpen. I literally had to break the smudger off so I could stick a Q-tip in there to push up the liner. It also is very water resistant and is a killer to get off your bottom lash line. Overall its a good eyeliner the only con is the fact that you cant sharpen it.

on 1/30/2011 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

PROS:
doesn't smudge... at all
drugstore product
nice texture, creamy but not so creamy that you waste product and it slides off
CONS:
smudger is absolute BS
can't get a very thin line
wish it was more pigmented

overall , its pretty amazing and i would repurchase

on 1/25/2011 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am in love with this eyeliner! I use drugstore liners almost exclusively and this is by far the best one I've ever bought. I grab this liner when I am in a hurry to put my makeup on in the morning and I need a liner that will go on quickly, smoothly, and precisely. I barely need to apply any pressure to my lid and it gives a rich black line without any tugging. Basically this liner is fool-proof! It also stays on all day long for me; though I do have very dry skin and lids so I usually don't have problems with my liners running or fading away.

The only criticism I can come up with is the fact that it does run out quickly. Since it is so smooth and gel-like, the point gets dull easily and I find myself sharpening it all the time, so the liner becomes a stub before you know it. Besides this, I believe this liner is worth every penny.

on 1/14/2011 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a really great drugstore eyeliner, especially if you like softer pencils, like those from Urban Decay or Make Up For Ever. It is a dark true black, and glides on really easily. No tugging at all. I already went out and bought a backup!