October 26, 2014 | 1194 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Cover Girl - Simply Ageless Corrector [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

HG HG HG. I use both the concealer and corrector. Both are amazing. I was looking for something new and the skin around my eyes can get a little dry on occasion, so I decided to try these and they're fabulous. They go on super creamy and feel very light. The texture and consistency is amazing. The corrector also lasts almost all day, which just makes it even more great. I can't think of a similar product that works better for a comparable price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the record, I am not a fan of anything Cover Girl, but I'm really enjoying this Simply Ageless line. I have the corrector and the foundation and I like both. Especially the corrector. The consistency is wonderful. Like silk. Coverage is perfect, I don't even need concealer. I use this corrector on my eyes, not just under, but as an eyelid primer too. I then get my blemishes and around my nose and smile lines. I absolutely love this stuff. There's no caking, or pilling, just a nice, basic corrector. It dries wonderfully and once I apply my foundation, everything blends smoothly to a wonderful finish. Sometimes, I will use a little highlighter under my eyes and in my laugh lines, but this corrector seems to make that step unnecessarily. It does a great job and I will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 9:57:00 PM More reviews by lupfruit28

I gave this corrector 5 lippies since I think it is a great product for a drugstore brand. I have deep under eye circles that tend to go purplish blue whenever I have allergies. So I have been going through different concealers and different brands, until one day I found Bobbi Brown's corrector and kept using it for almost 3 years now. Two weeks ago I realized I was running out of corrector and later that day went to shop for groceries and saw Covergirl's products. Of course the corrector caught my eye, but I came back home empty-handed. I usually come to my trusted source of information makeup wise and found out the great reviews so I thought I'd give it a try. For my surprise, the color suited me extremely well (I am BB's light bisque for corrector, and beige for both concealer and foundation). What I like about it the most is that it does not crease at all!! whereas Bobbi's corrector does (and I tried it all: setting it with loose powder, putting a different eye cream, wearing tfsi primer, etc). For someone with dry skin might be better to try using a rich cream under this first. The price is, I believe, one third of Bobbi's and the amount of product you get is .3 oz vs. .06 oz. We cannot compare the packaging to a high end brand, since the latter is all about being pretty and sturdy. I think one should be careful specially with the purple lid, for if you close it too tight it might break. I have not been photographed yet wearing this corrector, but I have been testing it for one week now and I just cannot find anything wrong about its performance! Yes, it only comes in one yellowish color, but as a corrector it is supposed to work as a base for the concealer. My verdict: an awesome product that I plan to keep using.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by GoneToTheDogs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product to use along with the CG SA concealer in the under-eye area, but I found that it counteracts my eyelid redness too. I smooth it from lash to brow and it evens the skin tone out beautifully. Then I use a neutral matte shadow followed by my eyeliner and mascara and am really pleased with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by asunta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Have I found my HG corrector. OMG this stuff is amazing. Matches my skin tone perfectly around my eyes, covers the dark circles that bother me and make me look sooo tired. I tried a sample this morning while shopping and was amazed at the transformation. I look relaxed, awake and my skin looks even. I will try the foundation next, i read great things about it but will try it in the fall when my skin fades colour or i will be stuck with a colour i cant use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I received this product for free to test for BzzAgent's Cover Girl Simply Ageless campaign.
    I got shade 230 and it is a wee bit lighter than I was hoping for. The formula is like the foundation, only more concentrated. It is definitely on the sheer side for a corrector... I was expecting something a little heavier to be honest. The formula is a little "slidey" on oilier skin. I think on more dry skin it would work a little better. I don't have a ton of uses for this, but it works well for a little bit of coverage/correction around eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by DreamsInColor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a Bzz Agent and was able to try some of the items in this line for free. However, that doesn't make any difference on how I review a product.

I LOVED this Corrector. I think if it's used sparingly after the skin is exfoliated and moisturized, it is an awesome product that delivers excellent results. The Corrector and Concealer together can do wonders for so many different skin problems, such as redness, uneven skin tone, age spots, acne scars, ect. The Corrector is the workhorse of the line and goes on very easily and doesn't flake off or cake up on my skin. It wears for a long time throughout the day. I find that they have enough color choices so that anyone can find the perfect shade for their skin tone. I pat and dab it on the same exact way as I do my concealer. I go very lightly at first and just add more as I need it. When I do it this way, I don't have any problems with it getting to dry or flaking off.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 1:52:00 PM More reviews by manslayerliz

I received this item for free as part of a Bzz agent campaign. Unfortunately the color, 230, was too dark for my fair skin. However, I did find that I was able to use it sparingly under my normal MMU to help me conceal some blemishes that I had been picking at. It even seemed to help those areas heal faster than usual. I may repurchase, but I'd try a lighter color (if one is available). I also hope they change their packaging because I don't love dipping my fingers into a jar...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Krylyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I may be out of the loop, but... I think this is the first drugstore corrector like Bobbi Brown's correctors. I received this because I am a BuzzAgent (meaning, it was free for review purposes).

This is packaged like the rest of the Simply Ageless line - glass jar, purple plastic screw-on lid. It's only available in the color 230, which looks way yellow, and sort of dark. In MAC terms, I'm an NC15, Porcelian in Mat Lumiere from Chanel, and I use the aforementioned BB corrector in Porcelien Bisque. I only use corrector on my under-eye circles (which is the only place I use concealer, as well), and I was super afraid this stuff wouldn't match and I'd end up looking rather jaundiced.

Thankfully, I didn't. This applied and blended out to correct properly - meaning, there is little difference between the $22 BB corrector and this initially. Simply Ageless has a little more "slip" to it, so it blends better, but also tends to be slightly more sheer. I also feel that it doesn't last as well as the BB, which may be due to the slip factor and that my under eye area tends to be oily.

All in all, however, I'd probably purchase this in the future, although this is a huge jar considering how little I need.