December 21, 2014 | 1405 users online

Eye Shadow - Wet 'n' Wild - Color Icon Trio - Knock on Wood

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by iuhooch625

If most Wet N Wild shadows turn you off because of the shimmer factor, this palette may be for you. All of the shades show up relatively matte with some dimension on my eye which is a nice change from all the shimmer. I find the burgandy lid shade to be a bit too dark as a lid color, so I like to use the light pink browbone color as my lid shade with a mix of the beautiful chocolate brown and burgandy in the crease. It makes for an interesting neutral eye without being so run of the mill. Lasts all day with UDPP.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2011 9:36:00 PM More reviews by sweetmalinche

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Reminds me of MAC's infamous Spiced Chocolate quad (just missing the copper color). The brown and burgandy look beautiful together. It's a neutral eye, but, with some spice. :) The price is amazing for the quality of the shadows and I like the slim, clear packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

This is my first e/s disappointment from WnW. I am an NC25 & this color combination was much too dark for me. I will probably use the crease color ( a shimmery chocolatey brown) & the lid color (a reddish toned brown which I thought was a cranberryish shade while in the store but I was wrong) with other eyeshadows I have. The brow color is a boring mauvey shade which just doesnt do anything for me so I will probably leave that one alone. BTW all 3 shades are shimmery, texture is still nice, soft & buttery but still doesnt save this e/s trio. On one eye I used Graphite Idol eye creme shadow pencil as a lid base before applying the lid color....it made it more vibrant & deep which was preferable. On the other eye I applied it straight up with no primer & the colors were not anywhere near as bold as expected. Overall I still really like the WnW eyeshadows its just that this particular color combo is not flattering on me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by nikkohli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This was too dark for my skin (NC 25) but that isn't the product's fault. I could probably pull it off for a smokey night look with a brighter highlighter--the one in the trio is too sheer and didn't help my browbone or blend the other colors well.
The pigmentation is awesome and it isn't glittery at all. If the colors worked for me I would totally buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by atbmeg

Get pigmentation. I only paid 1.50 for it at Walgreens because it was 50% off of Wet 'n' Wild products. Very Soft easily blended. It is not a matte shade, so it does have some shimmer. I like it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kelseylicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

These Wet N Wild eyeshadow trios are truly heaven-sent. Knock on Wood is a very pretty set of pinks/mauves and browns. The shadows are highly pigmented, creamy & blendable, and long lasting. They have a small amount of glitter which creates a gorgeous effect on the eye without having an over the top look-at-me-shimmer. I use mine to create a "romantic" smokey eye. I will definitely be purchasing more of the Wet N Wild eyeshadow trios.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by makmipurfekt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I never thought such an inexpensive product could be so nice, love the color, looks good with my green eyes, good pigmentation and blends well; over an eyeshadow base it lasts well too... I liked that this was sealed with a sticker, although the plastic lid looks cheap and I worry about it cracking like so many of my past d/s shadow lids have, despite that I would definitely buy this again

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love, LOVE these trios. These are the new reformulated & repackaged. I love this one the best. I am obsessed with the dark plum/maroon. All 3 shades are gorgeous. Pigmented, butter soft, blend so well & dont muddy up they stay true to themselves, not chalky at all and pressed well, hardly if not no fallout! So for around $1.99 im telling u, theyre awesome. I love the shades in this one for it makes my brown eyes look amazing. I find theyre almost just as great as their palettes. I love using the brown or dark plum/maroon as lid colors or as contour shades, and i often use the midtone pink peach shade as a blending shade for my crease. I can get alot of looks with these trios.Knock on Wood has a matte midtone peachy rose, a milk chocolate brown, & a dark plum maroon. I say theyre matte for in pan u see glitter but it doesnt go onto eye when applying. I use this one so much. I dont love the packaging but i dont hate it. Itr black on back with instructions/pic like maybelline quads & a hard clear plastic snap on flip open top. I like how i can see whats in it. Be careful not to rip the name sticker off. Other than that, im a huge fan of Wet n Wild coloricon collection. They amaze me. I hope they continue to release these AMAZINGLY great affordable cruelty free products. I will buy it all! I have all the trios and adore them all! and te new ones are hard to find right now. i wish these older ones esp this one got the hype the new ones ae getting bc theyre fantastic!!! i def will be wet n wilds biggest fan!!! i love these trios!! rem theyre extremely pigmented!! u need only the tiniest bit & they blend amazing!!!
I have seen it compared to different Mac shadows even the Spiced Chocolate Quad, i dont own Mac but im sure they are dupes for shadows but Id go as far as to bet these are better than Mac. I just know these are top notch eyeshadows. Im sure Nars maybe but im content with not paying $15 for one eyeshadow when i can pay a third of that and get 3. Knock on Wood is a great daytime trio and can def put the pizazz in a nite time look. i reach for this alot, esp now that its fall, whew these are beautiful. i just watched a tutorial on it and it made me pull it out today and use it, beautiful! all three shadows are so nice esp for a warm neutral look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 7:14:00 PM More reviews by UrbanxGoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

As another reviewer pointed out, the light pink is nothing special. The other two colors are fantastic and great quality for the price. I think I have just about every single one of WnW's new eyeshadow palettes and singles. They have really made an effort to compete with the other drug store brands as well as the higher end brands. The color payoff is great and they also blend well. It would be nice if they put some matte shades in for the crease but that is a minor complaint. I would recommend this for anyone who is at least medium skin toned. The brown and cranberry shades may be too deep for pale skin. Just my opinion. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sfaithj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I agree with others- I think this is a beautiful palette for a night on the town. On my fair warm skin, it was too dark for a day look. However, I think the colors are just lovely. They are smooth, highly pigmented and blend well. Not my favorite (as I tend to go for "day look" makeup) however, for a special occasion, I'll definitely be reaching for this palette.