September 17, 2014 | 1039 users online

Conditioner - Aussie - Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mua_freak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Love this stuff!!! Smells amazing and works so well at detangling my hair after showering. My hair is super damaged and really tangly even when I use conditioner. It's been bleached and dyed many times over the past couple years. I use a lot of product and most leave in treatments make my hair look greasy and weighed down. This stuff is perfect for my hair and its so cheap! I have several backups of this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by smiley001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alls i can say is:

i love it!
the smell is amazing!
helps my hair!
love, love, love :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by LushieLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! :) I sleep on my hair wet everyday to help my curls and this makes my curls gorgeously defined! If you EVER have issues with leave in conditioners weighing your hair down then this is totally for you. It's light, it smells great, and it does its job. My only wish is that it lasted longer. I go through this stuff like water!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 7:06:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

just picked this up and i am in love with this leavein spray all over again (: i used to use this wayyyy back in 8th grade but i stopped because they put alot of silicones && crapp in one of the old formulas. i recently looked at the new packaging of this and saw there were more natural ingredients included. i was veryy happy to start using this again it smells amazing and goes great with my CG method. yes there is amodimethicone in it but my hair doesnt get build up with this silicone. any other silicone would build up on my hair terribly dimethicone cycloplaxxinee ect whatever they build up on my curls :( but over all this is also the best detangler ive ever used <3 5stars all the way

Ingredients:water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silk extract, panax ginsing root extract, amodimethicone, cetrimonium chloride, trideceth-12, polyquaternium-11, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ppg-2 methyl ether, dmdm hydantion, fragrence/parfum, disodium edta, polysorbate80, aminomethyl propanol, citric acid. 2012 formula

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by sweetheartme173

Terrible. Smells great but weighed down my hair...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by IronPill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Edit 12/9/12: I have noticed that this product has changed it's formula. The leave in I've used has the listed ingredients: water, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, silk extract, panax ginsing root extract, amodimethicone, cetrimonium chloride, trideceth-12, polyquaternium-11, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, ppg-2 methyl ether, dmdm hydantion, fragrence/parfum, disodium edta, polysorbate80, aminomethyl propanol, citric acid. 2012 formula.

However, the new formula puts amodimethicone and the castor oil at the top, and the others more towards the bottom - basically, Aussie inverted the amount of their main ingredients.

I haven't used the new formula yet.

Original Review:
I have very fine hair that borders right between what's considered thin and medium thickness. It is bra strap length, uncolored, and has experienced heat damage in the past from blow drying. However, I have not heat styled it for 5 months now.

I bought this because my hair is pourous and loses moisture easily to this dry winter air. I have even been waking up to hair that's dried out simply from my dry apartment air. I'm using it as a leave in and detangler.

I lightly spray this about five times into damp hair after showering, keeping it away from the roots except for areas that are tangled. I spray it into dry hair (the ends) before I go to bed and comb it through, so I can wake up to soft, moisturized hair. I'm also using it to spray into dry ends on days I don't shampoo to detangle and moisturize.

This doesn't weight my hair down at all, yet my hair feels moisturized and soft. It doesn't seem to leave a build up either. And I really like the smell, it's a coconut that does linger. Loving it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by toriturtle158

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I read many positive reviews about this product but was still reluctant to try it because nothing ever seems to work on my unruly curly hair. Well I started the Curly Girl method and I am in LOVE with this product! It is cheap, works extremely well (gets rid of frizz and smells GREAT! (like coconuts)), is easy to apply, and perfect for refreshing hair after a shower and throughout the day. Also it's Curly Girl method friendly (doesn't contain harsh chemicals). The only downside is that it can make your hair crunchy (crunchy enough to bring my rating down to a 3). I would still definetely recommend this to all hair types especially if you have curly hair like me.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Thisismyusername0192

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This spray did absolutely nothing for my hair, except make it smell good. I would suggest using a creme leave-in conditioner, because they make my hair SO much softer than this product did.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by katerz

I sort of just picked this product upon a whim this summer because I was tired of my regular conditioner and needed a change. I absolutely LOVE what it did for my hair. I sprayed it on when damp, and whether I blew my hair dry or let it air dry, I always had soft shiny hair! It never weighed my thick hair down either. But unfortunately I had to stop using this because it always left my broken out on the area of my forehead that my bangs touch :( I kept using it because I loved it so much, but I eventually got tired of dealing with breakouts. There are very few leave-in hair products I can use that wont break me out, so I don't blame this product, I blame my skin! But for those not prone to acne, I say go for it!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Sabbyk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have thick hair that is color treated. It tends to be wavy. kind of dry and out of control if I just wash and wear it. Recently, I started looking into using different styling cremes and protection sprays because I wanted to start minimizing the use of my heat styling tools. After reading about air drying my hair, I needed to find a leave in conditioner to try first. I never used one before, and after searching on here for hours and through many reviews, I decided to try Aussie Hair Insurance Leave in because it was cheap and readily available at Wal-Mart for $2.88.

From my experience of using hair cremes, leave in's and sprays in general, I have found that applying it to your hands and running it through your hair but avoiding your roots is the best approach. If you are finding that your hair is too greasy or feeling weighed down with this product, definitely use less. It took me at least 3 tries to figure out how much to use. I wouldn't suggest directly spraying this product on your hair only because with this particular nozzle, it only sprays in a small section and that's where it accumulates. Definitely comb it through if you have to spray. I have about past my shoulders length hair and I have used about 2-4 sprays in my palms max. A little goes a long way.

As for my results, I am rather pleased and surprised. After regular use for about 3 weeks, I didn't use it and just applied my heat protection spray from Nexxus and blow dried my hair. Usually, with a blowdry, I have to straighten my hair after because my hair tends to poof and have lots of flyaways. This time, it did not look like that! It was soft and manageable. I decided to run the hair straightener through after, but realized before I did that, I didn't need to. When I want to air dry my hair, this leave in kind of makes my hair pliable so I can leave my hair up in a bun and it comes out kind of curly/wavy. I am happy with the versatility of hair styles this leave in is allowing my hair to achieve.

There have been a few downsides, such as the scent. It can be rather overwhelming because it's very tropical, but it dissipates over time I believe. I think that's just a personal thing though! Also, I tend to get greasy hair roots after 2 days of not washing my hair with no leave in, but I found if I comb this product through, it ends up in my roots somehow so they end up greasy. This is a huge downside and my remedy is to just apply this perhaps a little farther from my roots and make sure that I don't comb through from top to bottom where I end up transferring some to my roots. If I keep noticing greasy roots, I will have to discontinue using this.

I would say give it a try because it's cheap and easy to find. You have to try it for more than a few days I think to see some results, perhaps a week or more. If you don't like it, most stores that sell it have a generous return policy :)

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No