October 26, 2014 | 1628 users online

Pressed Powders - Hard Candy - Welcome Matte Mattifying Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by nirvana9

ive been alternating between this and my mac blot. the powdered look is more noticeable using this, as the blot powder just removes shine and doesnt add pigment. i do like the matte finish and coverage it gives. i do prefer this to set my concealer/foundation and use the blot to touch up if needed throughout the day or night. i would re-purchase for the quality, price and cuteness!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by AdmarieMorales

I absolutely love this product. I've also tried the too faced powder. And when it comes to price, Hard Candy wins above all. The quality is great too, i love the cute sponge (:
    I use a different sponge just to not ruin the pink one><
    I recommend this to people who haven't tried powder, those who want affordable/ great working powder, and those who enjoy a cute looking product.
    Not to mention the whole (no use on animals)
    LOVE THAT <3
    (keep in mind that all face types react differently. This product may or may not last all day depending not only on your face type, but the environment you are in. I reapply at least one after its original application. And the powder is translucent. Maybe it will be different to others but for a product this cheap i cant complain)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by exx0tic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing powder, definitely translucent and quite fine for a powder, which is great because it won't look cakey (as long as you blend!) I don't use a brush, I use the cute little heart shaped sponge and it works out perfectly. I don't wear foundation but I do use the CG Smoothers concealer to cover any spots so with this matte powder on top, I'm set!
    ps. Yay for hard candy also being cruelty free :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by CeeSan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Saw reviews and went out to give it a try. At walmart for...9 cdn? Used it with hard candy's sheer envy primer and it creases in my eyelids. I'm asian, and its a shame this only comes in one shade, its too light for my skin, makes me look ashy. The sponge applicator doesnt work well either. I'm oily within maybe 5 hours after I apply it to my t-zone. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by ang31eyes

I normally use the MUFE HD Powder (Or the ELF one as a cheap alternative) but I needed something that was both inexpensive and that I could pick up at a store when I start to run out (ELF is not readily available in stores here in Canada, so when I want stuff I have to order online).

This is a product that does its job well. No, it doesn't last ALL day but I don't expect any product to last all day. Overall, I will use this product on a fairly regular basis until I find something better while keeping my HD powder for more special occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by misszoeyf

I am pretty happy with this product. It definitely matteifys my face, but I would say that if I was dedicated enough to carry it with me (I don't like the sponge, I use a brush and it's too annoying to carry a brush) I would have to apply more than once to keep it matte. The only semi bad thing I have to say is that in comparison to other powders I have used from compacts it seems that this one is a bit...almost hard to get out? It's sort of hard to explain. But my friend bought this as well and she agrees, it might just be packed very stiffly which may be good because you get a lot of product or it's just...I don't know. But that is the only thing I would complain about, and it's really not that big of a problem, I'm still completely able to get the powder onto the brush. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by shcjeunbyeol

This is an ok powder. It's way too white for my face. it's not HG or anything. just average.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2011 11:20:00 AM More reviews by christinarose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy this product. The packaging is sooo cute (as always with Hard Candy products) and the powder keeps my tzone matte for a few hours. The only con is the colour selection. At my walmart, there is only three colours to choose from (light, medium, and dark). I feel like the light may be just a tad too light for me, but i only use it in my tzone so it acts as a nice highlight. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by albs

I really love this powder, it is translucent and definitely mattifying, perfect for touch ups. I prefer to use a powder brush to lightly dust this on my face but when I'm not at home I use the sponge to pat it on and it works well enough. The best thing about this powder for me is how it does not make my skin feel tight and dehydrated the way a lot of pressed powders do immediately after I apply it. Awesome to have in my purse!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this product after all the good reviews. It has really cute packaging with a heart shaped sponge, and it is relatively inexpensive. When i applied it, it got rid of my shine completely, which is a good thing. However it settled into the creases around my nose, my pores and any slightly dry patches i had on my face..my skin is more on the oily side, not dry at all but tends to get dehydrated. The staying power of this is not good at all, lasted maybe 2 hours before oil started to break through pretty badly. It did not better of a job of controlling my oil than any other ordinary powder, but seeped into my pores and fine lines. Maybelines dream matte powder is better at controlling oil for me, I'd recommended that over this product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No