April 19, 2014 | 1110 users online

Mascara - Hard Candy - 1,000 Lashes Fiberized Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 12/17/2010 5:09:00 PM More reviews by sweetlysour21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know if I was using this wrong or what but I didn't like it at all. It didn't do much for my lashes and the fibers kept falling into my eyes. Painful and messy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by castillomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first Hard Candy product I've purchased, and the first time I saw it at Walmart, the 1,000 Lashes in Midnight Black was sold out. I came back again a couple of weeks later & HAAAAD to grab myself one before it sold out again.

So here's the thing. You must have the patience to work with this product unless you feel the need to pay much more for a higher end fiberized mascara. If you just give this mascara a chance, it will work wonders :]

+ It definitely DOES give the look of a thousand lashses, but it does not volumize.

I like to apply L'Oreal's Voluminous mascara first, followed by multiple layers of Hard Candy's 1,000 Lashes. Try it out, it may work for you!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by shamcd

When I opened the cute, little tube I was pleasantly surprised. There were all these fibers everywhere and I thought, "Great! This actually looks like it will build my lashes pretty significantly". WRONG. Somehow, between the wand and the distance between it and my eyeballs, the fibers disappeared. In fact, this mascara had the complete opposite effect...my lashes looked punier, spidery, and thin. And they're not that bad to begin with! I think Hard Candy has figured out how to bottle anti-matter. If I smear it on my thighs, maybe they'll disappear too. Needless to say, I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by heyralph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-No animal testing
-great packaging/brush
-reasonable price/easy to get (Hard Candy is available at most Walmarts)

Cons:
-Doesn't deliver much volume

Overall, this was a so-so mascara.The color was good (I got it in 'underground brown'...I really liked the shade) and the packaging was great! The formula, however, didn't really give me anywhere close to '1,000 lashes'. It made them a little too spidery for my liking, although if you already have voluminous lashes this might not be a problem for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by statuesque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara was amazing; such a great drugstore find! It does take some technique, and it is a lot drier than similar fiber mascaras like Imju's Fiberwig, for example.

After putting on two full-length coats, I focused on putting it on the tips of my lashes (instead of the full-length coats). It made my lashes look amazing! I always curl my lashes after my mascara dries and this dried nice and quickly.

It was a treasure found in a drugstore full of mediocre mascaras. Take a chance on it; at $6.00 you don't have much to lose! Be patient and take the advice of the others on here with techniques established who also loved this mascara and I imagine you'll be very happy.

Btw, I didn't like the colored varieties of this. I only tried the blue, but it was too light of a blue. Stick with the darker colors. Enjoy it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2010 1:31:00 PM More reviews by pikrock

When I first got this mascara in teal I was super excited but was dissapointed when I first tried it out. But I didn't give up on it and I'm glad I didn't. It takes a while to get the technique to get the little fibers on but went you do it looks amazing. You can put it only lightly to get a light tint of colour that is fine for the day or you can get it really bright for Halloween. I really want to try the other colours too now.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by entreprentice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was horrible! Totally dry and wouldn't even come out on the brush! It tinted my lashes a little bit purple but that's it! The fibers did not go from the brush to my lashes either. Not even worth $6!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2010 10:38:00 PM More reviews by beautifuldreamer324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Bought this in the green last spring. showed up amazingly green on my dark dark lashes! i love green and i loved this! it's since dried up and i had to toss it. (dries up quicker than my diorshow). I just got this in Pink & i LOVE it! highly pigmented. $6!! a steal! idk why this is gettin such poor reviews! i used this OVER my maybelline falsies. the falsies lengthened and this added nice color. I'll be saving money by buying this over high end mascaras. wayy better than urban decay's colored mascara! Five stars! keep carrying this brand walmart! it's cheap and good.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by DaisysBeautyLessons

Pros: It makes your lashes sooo full and thick!! I loved it.

Cons: As all lashes are different people may not find this but I'd of preferred it to me a bit more lenghtening.....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm going to review the product on the primer and purple color alone, because my local Wally World fails really hard at keeping anything that sells well in stock. So excuse this for being a bit unfair. If I ever get my hands on any other colors I will come back and make an edit.

First of all, you need the primer. It helps the colors show up. Second, almost no mascara on the planet is going to make your lashes completely and visibly purple. That's why there are fake lashes. Is the color there? Yes. If you're in sunlight it shows up quite well. If you're like me and have dark lashes, the color probably won't show up all over your lashes, but around the tips, covering half of the lash length. And I don't mean that like it's from clumping.

Like another reviewer said, it's best to apply the primer and mascara while looking down into a mirror. The mascara is fairly buildable, so don't try to play beat the clock by applying it as fast as you can. The primer does work with some other mascara brands, but it's no guarantee. You just have to try it to see what works and what doesn't.

This mascara is easily washed off. Heck you can even gently pull it off (although I don't recommend doing that) and you can see how the formula formed little tubes around each lash. But it's still best to wash it off with make-up remover or EVOO. I'm happy to say it doesn't smear all over my face leaving me looking like a sad panda. The mascara is worth a try. I'd go for the black first just to see if you like the formula. If so, grab a colored one.