December 18, 2014 | 1071 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Green Tea Scrub

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by coviedo

I was so obsessed with the St. Ives Apricot scrub blemish control wash but it was so harsh on my skin that i needed to look for one less rough and I came across St. Ives Green tea scrub and it is less rough and more gentle on the skin and treats your acne as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:06:00 AM More reviews by RaenaMarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is fabulous. Definitely one of the best facial scrubs I've even used from the drugstore. I picked mine up at Target for $4.99. Green tea is great for your skin so even if you aren't acne prone this product will work for you. It smells like Beautiful Day from Bath & Body Works; clean, fresh, and slightly fruity. The exfoliants in this scrub are very fine so they won't irritate by over exfoliating. I'm not too much of a fan of St Ives' apricot scrub but I truly do like this one. I love how soft and clean my face feels afterwards. Definitely found a favorite face scrub!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Ellie12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well I have acne prone skin /oily and I would say this scrub took care of it ! Surprisingly this stuff works ! I absolutely love it! Definitely took away the redness, it's so weird because now that I realize it this scrub is what helped me clear up MY face, and I purchased the travel size but didn't seem it worked this wonderful but it did! I loved it ! For sure recommend for oily/acne prone skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by megsti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this scrub. I have oily skin and I exfoliate at least every other night and sometimes every night before I go to bed. This scrub does the trick without being too abrasive. Did I say it smells good? Oh my lord it smells good. The exfoliants are fine and I really feel like it polishes my skin. And the price?!?!! WOW. I like this better than my expensive Purology exfoliater. You won't regret this purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by ssnowkelly

love tjhis stuff, so disabppinted that can't find in any stores around me anymore,used to be able to find it anywheres , cheap. need to order from internet now and pay shipping, bummer, have stocked up have 4 tubes, plus daughter uses so buy for her. Is it being discontinued? like better than apricot scrub much gentler, why do these companies always discontinue products people seem to like., frustrating

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Mackleman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product. The smell is nice and lasts for quite a while. I use this as an exfoliater once or twice a week and it leaves my skin clean and clear. However, I dont recommend this as an every day product. There was a stage when I would use it every day because I ran out of cleanser, and it broke me out quite badly. It is also not good to use if you have existing break outs. If I use it once a week it leaves my skin soft, radiant and gets rid of any dry patches quite gently.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

I have oily/combo skin and large pores and because of that I'm in constant battle with clogged pores and I use this scrub every other night. I love the smell and I think it's gentle enough to use daily only if you have oily skin for dry skin I suggest 2-3 times a week. I prefer this scrub than the apricot scrub. Will repurchase this scrub as soon as mine run out. I bought mine at target.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:55:00 PM More reviews by bldsgrsxmgk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Disclaimer: I have not used this scrub for long (12 night applications) and I have not encountered any blemishes since I bought it so I can't say how effective this is for acne treatment. However, I am impressed so far. I imagine that at 1% sal.acid it should make a difference on skin which is sal.acid receptive, and paired with a moderately active and healthy eating routine should prevent blemishes very well. I bought this because I needed a new exfoliant, and I chickened out of purchasing one of the intruiging enzyme-exfoliant masks with the hefty price tags I have my eye on. (Maybe next time haha). This caught my eye because it was on sale, and I have yet to find a St Ives product that didnt do what it says. I like the scrubs you can really feel working, and I dont find this to be anywhere near too harsh when you use a gentle hand as the particles are small. This scrub leaves my skin soft and glowing every time, immediately reduced 90% redness and in 2weeks has just about conquered my blackheads. Only con is that the acne treatment properties leave my skin just a little tight-feeling afterwards unlike my last scrub (Clinique 7Day Scrub Cream which I HIGHLY recommend), but nothing uncomfortable. St Ives has done it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 6:06:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it! It's a bit of a harsh exfoliant so I only suggest using once a week but it's fantastic. Redness reduced, pimples dry up significantly, and baby soft glowing skin. I have dry, sensitive, acne-prone skin and I have used and loved this for years. One of my holy grail exfoliators for acne. Buy it if you want that nasty redness gone! It's so good will repurchase till my dying day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm so torn on this scrub. I tried the cleaser version and it was one of the worst cleansers I tried but I got suckered in on the scrub because I've been looking for a new scrub and I found this at Target in the travel section for $0.99 rather than a dollar something. I used it in the shower the next night and I liked the smell and the extremely fine scrub-by bead things but those little monsters ended up stuck in and around my eyelashes. After rinsing my face felt super clean and kind of tight. Uh oh. By time I dried off my face felt so dry I put this super thick/intensive night cream on and went to bed and it was fine. I immediately noticed that the blemishes I had were no longer red and I swear my complexion/face looked better. That was about a week ago. Last night I showered and used it again because I have an event to go to today. This time I avoided my eye area (although rinsing off the little monsters ended up in/around my eyelashes although A LOT less) and my face was left literally squeaky clean. Although it wasn't as drying, I felt a slight stinging sensation, especially around my eyes. Again, though, my redness was reduced (although not as significant because last time I actually had blemishes on my face). This morning I woke up with smoother skin, like last time. I don't have sensitive skin, but I'm going to only be able to use this once a week, twice a week max if I want to torture my skin, so the travel size will last a while. After it runs out (it'll be a while, I use a little more than a pea sized amount), though, I don't think it would be wise of me to repurchase. Sad day because it's pretty effective and I can tell with regular (3-5 times a week) use it would get the job done. For reference I have combination-oily skin that is acne prone with mild scarring.