August 31, 2014 | 1273 users online

Eye Primer - NARS - Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I got this in one of the Sephora 500 pts packages and I know this will sound silly but I just had a feeling that this would be the one product that I did not like. Lo and behold, it is the one product that I don't like. I have really oily eyelids and have been very loyal to the Urban Decay Primer Potion since it has worked amazingly for me since day one. I used this primer under a black and silver smokey eye that I wore to a New Years Eve party and I went to the washroom about halfway through the party, looked in the mirror and to my horror, my eyeshadow was all creased and has moved all over my eyelid. I tried it as well at a party on New Years day and the exact same result. I never have had this problem using UDPP. I definitely would not recommend, nor would I purchase it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by Gradle

I purchased this to replace my Urban Decay Primer Potion based on the wonderful reviews. I am very disappointed in this product and will not repurchase. My eyeshadow creases horribly by the afternoon, almost as if I weren't wearing primer. I've tried using different amounts on my lids thinking I was using too much product, but nothing helps.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by soybones

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this eyeshadow primer. It kept my eyeshadow on all night and through the morning on New Years. My eyeshadow looked practically new after I woke up in my makeup (I know it's bad to do, but it was New Years haha), with only a tiny bit of intensity lost. I have quite oily lids and this product really helps preventing any movement of eyeshadow that would happen if I didn't use a primer.

For the quality of this product, I really don't mind the price. It's AU$39 but I got it from Sephora through a shipping company for the American price of US$24 (AU$26.85). If I were desperate and couldn't wait to do another order from America, I would possibly spend the full AU$39 - it's that good of a product.

I don't entirely like the packaging, or just NARS packaging in general, because of the matte finish; it makes it super easy to get grubby. It could also be better if it were in a squeeze tube instead so you can get every drop possible. Other than those two things to say, it's not bad packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

I love this primer! I was using the UDPP for years but found my shadows were creasing after 4-6 hours. My eyelids are super oily so I had kind of given up. I figured I would try this stuff and I'm in love. My shadows don't move after a full day of work and going out after work. The texture is very silky and it dries completely clear. It is pricey so I will still use my udpp for shorter days.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by shahada

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Meh.

Without primer, my eyeshadow just disappears slowly. It doesn't crease, just slowly fades.

I bought it after reading Temptalia rave about it for so long and I'm super meh about it. It's nothing special - no extra long lasting eyeshadow power, doesn't give a white base so doesn't make eyeshadow pop more, etc. UD eye primer works much better on my normal eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by krcb4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is noticeably better than elf and urban decay. A little goes a long way! This keeps my lid and brow makeup unsmudged and uncreased for the long haul (I work 12 hour shifts). I got the deluxe sample then bought full size right away although the sample looks to last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by greenapple2013

I love this primer! I even prefer this one over the Urban Decay primer potion. It's super creamy and blendable.

Check out my tutorial using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by misspeke

Tried a few primers including urban decay and that failed on. Really happy that I only have a slight crease after a long hot humid day. This will be my go to eye primer for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by audiblehush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the ONLY primer that I can say works on my super oily lids. I have tried various eye primers, from all different ends of the price spectrum: E.L.F., Urban Decay, Buxom, Lime Crime, and many others. NAR's pro-prime is the ONLY thing that has kept my eyeshadow on for 6+ hours, which is a LONG time for my hooded, oily lids.

I use the applicator to put primer on both my eyes, making sure it's an evenly spread out, and then set it with my face powder before actually applying my eyeshadow. It works like a dream!

I first got this in the sample size that came with NAR's "And God created the woman" palette, but it was such a great product that I went out and bought a full size. It's definitely pricer than I'd like, but since it works, I consider it an investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So I'm pretty sure this product is made of distilled angel's kisses and unicorn tears. Let me tell you of all the eyeshadow primers that have failed on me prior to this: Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Milani Eyeshadow Primer. Urban Decay Primer Potion. LORAC Behind the Scenes did help my shadow wear-time a little bit--but not much, and it still didn't do anything for cream shadows and gel liner. But this, now...this is the primer I have been searching for. Before this, my Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk would crease on my eyelids after just forty minutes of wear; now it can go for eight hours and still look fresh and perfect. And that's just one example! No eyeshadow ever lasted more than two hours without showing beginning signs of creasing, but now they last up to 10 and still look as fresh as when they were applied.

Some comments about using this: the texture is extremely lightweight and dries down very quickly, unlike any other primer I've tried--the rest all had a slightly greasy texture. Because of this, you do NOT need to worry about using too much! When you put it on you absolutely need to make sure that it covers everywhere that your shadow or liner is going to go--which makes perfect sense if you think about it: how could a primer possibly keep your shadow on a patch of skin that you didn't actually apply the primer to? Err on the side of generosity with this product, since even if you have excess, it'll be easy to blend it into the skin and it'll dry quickly. Also, if you have extremely oily eyelids, it might be helpful to blot with a tissue or something before applying primer--the oil could prevent this primer from adhering and working like it's supposed to.

I could not possibly be happier with this product. I have never been able to wear eyeshadow before this, and now I actually can! It's a whole new world of colors and looks to explore, and I can only do it thanks to this primer. I will repurchase this forever and ever. <3