August 21, 2014 | 1972 users online

Eye Primer - Palladio - Herbal Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

So I bought this a few weeks ago and started using it right away, it works great-my shadow lasted all day and no creasing-but it was irritating me. My eyes were burning and watering for no reason, or so I thought. I remember thinking that maybe I couldn't wear any eye make up anymore. Well a couple of days ago I decided to finish off my UDPP and no more burning watery eyes! So I guess if you have sensitive skin/eyes, don't use this, but if not it works great for the price.
EDIT 8/15/11: So I decided to try this one last time minus the lotion i used under it & viola! No watery eyes. I had a feeling that may have been what was making my eyes tear up, & not the herbal primer. I say this stuff is as good as UDPP @ half the price. I will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2010 12:03:00 AM More reviews by megan1309

I've heard alot of people on YouTube rave about this product. Welllll, I went to sally beauty supply picked it up and tried it out the other day.. and I wasn't impressed at all. I ended up creasing through out the day so I wasn't happy at all. I didn't have poor quality eye shadow either.. I used 2 of my Lorac shadows.. So I'd say buy at your own risk.. It wasn't expensive but it didn't work for me.. maybe it will for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by blainereyes

This is the first and only primer I have ever used. I put it on today (purchased same day) and already I can tell that the eyeshadows I used today are brighter than ever! So far extremely impressed. Have seen a few reviews on YouTube in the past and I didn't want to pay a lot of money for a primer and this is the cheapest I heard of and it had a great review so I made the decision!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by BlessedWithSeven

You know, I did like this product. It was good. No creasing, easy to apply. The packaging is poor. You lose a lot of product. I have had it for 3 months now, and it's drying up. I am not sure if I would buy it again full price. If it went on sale, I would buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by macgirl62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am finally able to use eye shadow again. I have a horrible creasing problem and by mid day I would have no eye shadow left. But with this product my eye shadow last all day. No kidding I still am in shock at how great this stuff is. If you have problems with creasing please make sure you use enough and cover the lid. The 1st couple times I used this I did not use enough and was getting discouraged. The only thing I am not crazy about is the packaging. It comes in a tube with a wond applicatior. I find it is hard to get the product out of the tube. It has a thick consistancy. That is probable why the first couple times I used it I was not in love. I feel the consistancy is what makes this product do its job, just wish more would come out on the applicator the first time. I usually have to dip the wond 2 to 3 times, but it is worth it to have great looking eye makeup all day. Also the price is not to bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by utprincess

Excellent, cheap alternative to Urban Decay Primer Potion. Does a great job of keeping eyeshadow on and does not crease, even after hours of wear. Keeps colors bright and fresh.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/8/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lovelyhawaiian07

This primer wasn't really anything special. I picked it up after hearing EmilyNoel83 on YouTube say good things about it. It was $7-$8 at Sally's. I tried it out the next day, and although my shadows and liner lasted a good amount of time, I feel like my TFSI gives me a better color payoff. The texture is similar to TFSI; the only thing is that the packaging is TERRIBLE. People using this are going to miss out on soo much product! You definitely get what you pay for. It's without a doubt better than L'Oreal Decrease. But for those on a budget, who are looking for a decent eye base, or who are just experimenting with primers and don't want to pay $30 up front, I guess I'd recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 9:25:00 PM More reviews by micdeajones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

EmilyNoel83 was definitely on the money about this one. This primer is great! My eyeshadow and eyeliner adheres like superglue with this primer. It's actually difficult to get the eyeliner off with regular washing and makeup wipes! I literally need Vaseline, baby oil, or Mary Kay to remove the eyeliner.
Pros: Price
Non-irritating
Eyeshadow adheres very well
No smell
Cons: Size of tube
Doe tip applicator (would prefer a squeeze tube)
Difficult getting enough product out sometimes
Difficult to blend certain eye shadows

Due to the fact that I'm on a budget (price), and that this keeps my eyeliner and eyeshadow looking fresh (even when I fall asleep while studying), this will be my 'go to' primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not great, not terrible. It works just ok for me. It's pretty similar to the Too Faced Shadow Insurance though I think the TFSI works a little bit better. As far as the price goes, it is pretty cheap, regularly about $8 at Sallys. But I think the TFSI is actually a better deal. The Palladio eyeshadow primer comes in a mascara type tube with a doe foot wand. The tube itself is rigid and dark, so you end up not getting all the product out. You can't even cut into it like you can the UDPP. It's also about half the cost of the TFSI (which is $17) but it's also half the amount of product in the tube = TFSI is a better deal. I'll use it up, but I wont be purchasing it again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was excited to try this on the recommendation of emilynoel83. Alas did not work out well for me. tried it three days under outside and indoor settings, all three days my eyeshadow creased. fyi my eyelids are extremely oily so in the morning i use blotting sheets and wash the extra oils off,pat dry and apply primer etc. on third day i even used mattifying lotion than this primer, still creased. Eyeshadows used were 1st day covergirl, 2nd day clinique, 3rd day toofaced. returned.