MAC Chromagraphic Pencil NC15/NW20

4.6

INGREDIENTS: HYDROGENATED COCO-GLYCERIDES [] TRIETHYLHEXANOIN [] BEESWAX\CERA ALBA\CIRE D’ABEILLE [] RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL [] DIPENTAERYTHRITYL HEXAHYDROXYSTEARATE/HEXASTEARATE/HEXAROSINATE [] COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX\CERA CARNAUBA\CIRE DE CARNAUBA [] POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE [] OZOKERITE [] LECITHIN [] TIN OXIDE [] TOCOPHEROL [] ASCORBYL PALMITATE [] CITRIC ACID [] [ /- MICA [] IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) [] TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891) [] ALUMINUM POWDER (CI 77000) [] BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163) [] BLACK 2 (CI 77266) [] BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090) [] BRONZE POWDER (CI 77400) [] CARMINE (CI 75470) [] CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN (CI 77289) [] CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS (CI 77288) [] COPPER POWDER (CI 77400) [] FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510) [] FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510) [] MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742) [] RED 6 (CI 15850) [] RED 6 LAKE (CI 15850) [] RED 7 (CI 15850) [] RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850) [] RED 21 LAKE (CI 45380) [] RED 22 LAKE (CI 45380) [] RED 27 LAKE (CI 45410) [] RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410) [] RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360) [] RED 40 LAKE (CI 16035) [] YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140) [] YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985) [] ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007)]

on 4/24/2010 10:15:00 PM

When I first saw this pencil, I had no idea what to use it for. It peaked my curiosity though, after reading Troy Jensen's blog on Kim Kardashian's makeup for the cupcakes and the other rave reviews here, and I learned that it can be used for the waterline.

I'm quickly becoming a MAC addict. I rushed out and bought this pencil yesterday and tested it out...it is unbelievable. Definitely gives the waterline an amazing glow, unlike a white pencil I bought and threw somewhere in my restroom cabinet never to be used again.

Like the other reviews say, it does glide on creamy, soft and lasts (used it for an evening out and it lasted the entire time). If you're trying to achieve a certain makeup look, or just want to add some oomph to your daytime look, this pencil will do it. I lined the eye waterline, below my brows as well as right outside my lip line (don't actually place it on your lips...that would totally warp the lipstick/gloss color).

I wish I had learned about this pencil and makeup trick sooner. It will definitely be a staple in my makeup bag and can't wait to test it out on other areas of the face and on friends too!

on 4/24/2010 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I bought both of these pencils, this shade in particular is awesome like others have said for the waterline. Lasts all day!!! I really hope they release this exact formula in a black! Really great pencil!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I cant thank MAC enough for bringing this little beauty into my life. This is a flesh colored pencil that is absolutly amazing for waterlining. It perked my eyes up and the staying power is phenomenal. I will never be without this. Its creamy and very easy to apply and i noticed a very tiny bit goes a very long way. It makes big doey eyes. I think you could you it for other things such as a spot concealer and shaping eyebrows. Also the SA told me its great for tattoo coverage. It says not for use on lips but i want it all for my waterline. HG material without a doubt.

on 4/23/2010 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love MAC for coming out with this pencil! My stash will never be without it!
Pros:
~ looks less harsh than white, really brightens the eye
~ staying power is UNREAL! Seriously, this lasted all day on my waterline even after a tear-filled therapy session...I couldn't believe it.
~ goes on creamy, no tugging whatsoever.
~ cute packaging! I love the light wooden pencil.
Cons:
~ can't be used on lips, but quite frankly, I wouldn't want to use something on my eyes that I use on my lips anyways.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I purchased the MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20 for $14.50 at my local MAC counter. This product came out with the Pret-a-Papier collection. I love this product, it looks very good on the waterline or to define your lips, especially when pulling off a red lip. I have pink/sore waterlines due to lack of sleep as I am a student. :D This is the exact color of my skin (NC15 for reference) and is very very creamy, one swipe on my waterline and it was totally covered. Being so creamy is great but I find that it might make the pencil not wear as well, on my waterline it lasts 5-7 hours until it's *almost* gone, it fades very nicely, not patchy. I have quite watery eyes, so those without might get better results. The pencil sharpens fine as long as you have a good sharpener. This product also "sets" when on the skin so it stays well, I think that helps it stay on the waterline better. I might add that this is a bit too dark to define my brow, but I mainly use it on my waterline so it's not a big deal. Overall I think this is a great multi-purpose product. It is definantly an HG/staple product for me, I'll always have on in my stash, definantly recommend. Also it is PERMANENT PRO, so you can just call the Pro number and get it anytime, you do not need a Pro card. I hope this review helps you guys!

on 4/22/2010 11:12:00 PM

I love this for my waterline! Less harsh than stark white and the staying power is phenomenal for me...I am used to color wearing off after about 2 hours if im lucky and this lasted at least 4 hours so far.. Its really creamy ...I tried using it under my eyebrow to "lift" it and it works nicely once its blended... too bad you cant use it on your lips =(

Overall, I am keeping it...I was iffy at first but its staying power had me wowed!

on 4/22/2010 5:05:00 PM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

This is an AWESOME pencil for your waterline! So far I've had it on about 5 hours & it's still there! The Stila Kajal in Topaz was gone even b4 i was able to apply it to my other eye, lol. The Chromagraphic pencil is smooth & creamy & looks amazing! I'm very happy with this purchase!