April 20, 2014 | 1655 users online

Blush - Cargo - Catalina

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by appleger

very sweet barbie dollie pink which i love. its can be quite expensive however there's tonnes of product inside. a little for each application goes a long long way, so, on the average its not so expensive after all.
the metal container changed colour after some time but it didnt went rusty so its still very safe to use. its probably just oxidation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2007 7:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupthebreakdown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is suuuch a beautiful "perfect-pink" blush. It looks great on my cool-toned skin. There's lots of product and its highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. 5stars would buy again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dear Cargo,
I love you, I love your blushes, I love pink. But why oh WHY did you have to make this lovely bubblegum color so danged chalky? It truly is. No matter what brush I use or how little I apply, I always look like I rubbed my childhood chalk crayon all over my cheeks instead of using it on the sidewalk to play hopscotch. I disliked you SO much you were booted from my blush drawer... and if you know me at all you should know how hard that is to accomplish.

Signed,
A Very Sad Stephanie

10 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 11:08:00 AM More reviews by chriquen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a bubblegum pink blush, was deciding between this and Nars' Desire, and ultimately went with this bc of price/oz. It comes in a tin container with a tin lid. Simple non-fussy design, which I love. I also love how the circumference of the container is perfect for swirling a blush brush, and how i can tap the excess on the inside of the lid. Despite the high price (high for me anyway, lol) you get so much product. Its also quite pigmented so a little goes a long way. I'm light with yellow undertones (asian) and despite being a cool color, Catalina has become my everyday blush. It really brightens my whole face up, but in a natural way. I'm also acne-prone and have had no breakouts. I have to admit this doesn't last all day on me. But i'm quite oily and super sweaty in the summer, so no blush ever does for me. Definitely rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 12:39:00 AM More reviews by AquaMermaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful color. Perfect for my PPP to light skin. Brightens up my face and blends nicely. Looks better than Benefit Dandelion IMO. I love this blush, it's quickly becoming my favorite and I use it almost everyday now. This is the nicest blush I've found in awhile and the tin is cute too. I can't wait to try more Cargo blushes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by pinki3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am not in love with this blush. But I do like like like it a lot!! The simple tin can design makes the blush look very simple in the tin. But when applied over my light skin, it looks wonderful! I use a MAC 188 brush to swipe on this blush. Sometimes I like to build up the color and sometimes I like to dust a little of other shimmery powders/ bronzers of this blush and it still looks great. This blush is easy to work with. :) Although i feel like the color tends to fade after a few hours of application, So i took one lippie off. If you want long lasting color payoff that is similar to this pinky shade, try Nars Angelika or Nars Desire blush. Both are my other faves

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2007 10:08:00 AM More reviews by AJC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

At first I was bit taken aback by the bright pink color. At Sephora I went around and tested many different powder blushes and this one was exactly was I was looking for: a slight (!) cool shade of pink on my skin, to give this wind blushed natural look (I use it for winter mostly as in summer my skin gets more bronzy and then Catalina looks too fake). Lasts long too and is easy to apply. Two cons: first, I notices that the powder is quite softly pressed so swiping my brush through it once I have so much product on that if I didn't shake it off I would end up looking like a porcelain doll. Second (which stems from the first), after using it for about 3 months I already see a big tin bottom of the blush. It seems rather large, but in fact the product is not filled to the bottom of this impressive big tin container and given that + con #1 I must say it's not as efficient. I was never able to finish any blusher I had before (usually my sis and mom benefited from my blush boredom) and this one dissappeared almost in an instant. Given that it's not that cheap and not that efficient I disagree with previous comments that it's almost drug store priced for the quantity you get. I might repurchase it again in the winter if I don't find another perfect winter pink blusher but pressed harder. The quest continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2007 8:10:00 AM More reviews by naz85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this blusher. I'm actually quite olive toned, yet this light, pretty pink brightens up my face no end.

It's not cheap, and the tin is annoying and in my make up bag the lid could come off, but I can't fault the blusher.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 8:54:00 AM More reviews by maliastyle

Bubblegum pink? Absolutely. Unfortunately, that's just not a shade I feel pretty in (I prefer shades along the lines of The Big Easy), although it's got the usual wonderful Cargo texture and lasting power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2007 5:14:00 PM More reviews by FITLauren

I had such a hard time finding a pretty pink color blush! Then after wandering around Sephora for I while I stumbled on the CARGO section. Catalina quickly caught my eye. It's so pretty and gives me that "cold air" flush you get on your cheeks in the winter. It sweeps on so evenly and it stays. The great thing is you don't have to use a lot. Only two pats on the blush with my brush and I have the perfect color. The size of the tin is very big, so even huge blush brushes will get the right amount of coverage.