Cargo Blush - Catalina

4.5

Talc, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, May Contain ( /-): Mica, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 6 Lake), CI 77492 (Iron Oxide Yellow) (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides) (Iron Oxides), FD&C Red 6 (Red 6 Lake)

on 12/2/2007 3:33:00 PM

A couple of years ago, I was hoarding all of the Cargo blusehs, and this ended up being one of the ones that I obtained. As others have described, this is sort of a Barbie doll pink color without shimmer. For some time, I couldn't get it to work for me, so I swapped it away. Then, not too long ago, I swapped for it again, and while it isn't my favorite blush, I think it is a must-have if you fancy pink blushes. It gives a nice rosy hint to the cheeks, though for me (NC25, Stila 30 Watts) -- it is easy to overdo.

on 7/30/2007 10:02:00 AM

very sweet barbie dollie pink which i love. its can be quite expensive however there's tonnes of product inside. a little for each application goes a long long way, so, on the average its not so expensive after all.
the metal container changed colour after some time but it didnt went rusty so its still very safe to use. its probably just oxidation.

This is suuuch a beautiful "perfect-pink" blush. It looks great on my cool-toned skin. There's lots of product and its highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. 5stars would buy again.

on 6/19/2007 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Dear Cargo,
I love you, I love your blushes, I love pink. But why oh WHY did you have to make this lovely bubblegum color so danged chalky? It truly is. No matter what brush I use or how little I apply, I always look like I rubbed my childhood chalk crayon all over my cheeks instead of using it on the sidewalk to play hopscotch. I disliked you SO much you were booted from my blush drawer... and if you know me at all you should know how hard that is to accomplish.

Signed,
A Very Sad Stephanie

on 6/15/2007 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I was looking for a bubblegum pink blush, was deciding between this and Nars' Desire, and ultimately went with this bc of price/oz. It comes in a tin container with a tin lid. Simple non-fussy design, which I love. I also love how the circumference of the container is perfect for swirling a blush brush, and how i can tap the excess on the inside of the lid. Despite the high price (high for me anyway, lol) you get so much product. Its also quite pigmented so a little goes a long way. I'm light with yellow undertones (asian) and despite being a cool color, Catalina has become my everyday blush. It really brightens my whole face up, but in a natural way. I'm also acne-prone and have had no breakouts. I have to admit this doesn't last all day on me. But i'm quite oily and super sweaty in the summer, so no blush ever does for me. Definitely rebuy.

on 6/9/2007 12:39:00 AM

Beautiful color. Perfect for my PPP to light skin. Brightens up my face and blends nicely. Looks better than Benefit Dandelion IMO. I love this blush, it's quickly becoming my favorite and I use it almost everyday now. This is the nicest blush I've found in awhile and the tin is cute too. I can't wait to try more Cargo blushes!

on 5/30/2007 7:07:00 PM

I am not in love with this blush. But I do like like like it a lot!! The simple tin can design makes the blush look very simple in the tin. But when applied over my light skin, it looks wonderful! I use a MAC 188 brush to swipe on this blush. Sometimes I like to build up the color and sometimes I like to dust a little of other shimmery powders/ bronzers of this blush and it still looks great. This blush is easy to work with. :) Although i feel like the color tends to fade after a few hours of application, So i took one lippie off. If you want long lasting color payoff that is similar to this pinky shade, try Nars Angelika or Nars Desire blush. Both are my other faves

on 5/15/2007 10:08:00 AM

At first I was bit taken aback by the bright pink color. At Sephora I went around and tested many different powder blushes and this one was exactly was I was looking for: a slight (!) cool shade of pink on my skin, to give this wind blushed natural look (I use it for winter mostly as in summer my skin gets more bronzy and then Catalina looks too fake). Lasts long too and is easy to apply. Two cons: first, I notices that the powder is quite softly pressed so swiping my brush through it once I have so much product on that if I didn't shake it off I would end up looking like a porcelain doll. Second (which stems from the first), after using it for about 3 months I already see a big tin bottom of the blush. It seems rather large, but in fact the product is not filled to the bottom of this impressive big tin container and given that + con #1 I must say it's not as efficient. I was never able to finish any blusher I had before (usually my sis and mom benefited from my blush boredom) and this one dissappeared almost in an instant. Given that it's not that cheap and not that efficient I disagree with previous comments that it's almost drug store priced for the quantity you get. I might repurchase it again in the winter if I don't find another perfect winter pink blusher but pressed harder. The quest continues.

on 5/4/2007 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this blusher. I'm actually quite olive toned, yet this light, pretty pink brightens up my face no end.

It's not cheap, and the tin is annoying and in my make up bag the lid could come off, but I can't fault the blusher.

on 3/15/2007 8:54:00 AM

Bubblegum pink? Absolutely. Unfortunately, that's just not a shade I feel pretty in (I prefer shades along the lines of The Big Easy), although it's got the usual wonderful Cargo texture and lasting power.

Popular Blush Products