Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Pacific Blue

4.6

on 9/7/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Striking cobalt blue. I looked for a color like this for some time and was fooled by a few that looked like it in the bottle, but were off on the nail. It's just super opaque and almost neon, without being neon, and it has an undertone of purple under certain lighting which I really like. I use two coats and a top coat and it lasts about 3 days before starting to chip. It's not a very long lasting polish and when i start picking at my nails it very easily lifts, but if I can stop myself from messing w it, it lasts a whole week before looking totally raggedy (like most polishes I top off w a top coat of seche vite). If you've been on the hunt for a bright, true blue this is it!

on 9/7/2012 6:45:00 PM

This is the only shade of blue I've found that is true to color and that looks good on me. I usually use three coats to make it really pop. It's vibrant and makes a statement without shimmer or glitter which seems to be taking over many polishes. I always get compliments when I wear this color. It's also long-lasting and rarely chips; I've had this color on my toes for a little over a week with no chipping!

I gave Pacific Blue a median rating on price and packaging simply because lately I've been using the Wet 'n Wild MegaLast Salon Polish which is $1.99 and has a very easy to use curved brush. Other than those two things, this is one of my absolute favorite Sally Hansen polishes.

This is THE blue for me!!! I have been looking and looking and bought some of the more expensive brands (like Rescue Beauty Lounge IKB 2012 -- ouch, SUPER expensive) and just couldn't find the color I was looking for. Who knew it would end up being a $2.50 Sally Hansen bottle from Ulta! So bright, goes on super easy and lasted almost a week for me. Love!

on 9/4/2012 4:59:00 PM

No......no.......no........why the change of color?

on 8/29/2012 5:36:00 PM

I LOVE THIS COLOR! you'd never expect what goes onto your nails, it's an almost neon cobalt blue. the only thing about this is it stays on like a neon does...not long at all :( still gorgeous though and super cheap!

on 8/16/2012 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I believe this was the second blue I purchased right before I decided to become a nail polish fanatic. This is by far ohe of my favorites! It goes on so smoothly and resists chips very well. It has the smooth finish of higher priced polishes like OPI and Essie. I have since gone back and purchased Flirt, Gray Area, Ivy League and Celeb City. I love them all! I would buy every color in this collection if I could.

on 8/16/2012 8:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Almost TOO bright. Great application and wear, as always.

on 8/15/2012 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a one of a kind nail color. It is absolutely beautiful. The polish is very cheap, but that is a pro and a con in my opinion. I love that I don't have to pay much for this gorgeous cobalt blue that is nearly opaque in one coat, but I also cant stand the brush and short wearing formula of these Sally Hansen polishes.

on 8/15/2012 6:43:00 PM

This color has been hard to find, and I know why as it's a very pretty blue. I would say that it's one of my favorite blue polishes and will become a staple.

on 8/8/2012 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

LOVE LOVE LOVE this color of polish! I watch beauty guru Dulcecandy on YouTube and fell in love with her nail color. She said this was the exact polish. It is the perfect color of blue, it's not pale or bright blue, but a blend of royal blue and winter blue. I got many compliments from friends, co workers and some girls at Ulta. It looks great on toes during the summer. It was only $2.99 at Walgreen's and they had a bogo sale, so I picked up about 4 more polishes. Go get this pretty blue before they come out with their fall polishes.