October 1, 2014 | 1967 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 3/18/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Ashpanda

I bought this product thinking it would keep my skin from not get too oily and it worked for like 3 days, then my skin started getting completely dry and my face could barely move without any lotion, this isn't the only Neutrogena product that has done this to me, so I switched to Clearasil today and Im waiting to see if it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At first, this product did exactly what it claims it will. It is great at removing all my makeup, and my skin was left feeling clean and soft. It removed all my dead skin, and my face just felt cleaner. Over the course of a few days it completely dried me out, though, which sucks because I have very oily skin and that's not easy for a cleanser to do to me! I was very disappointed with this, and I definitely wont be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:53:00 AM More reviews by loreij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i used this cleanser on a daily basis the whole summer and it did an amazing job at removing makeup residue and dead skin cells. it left my face clean, fresh and soft.

i never use this product the rest of the year, because my skin produces less sebum than in the summer and tends to get dry. also, in the summer i apply a crazy amount of self-tanner, which makes my skin a bit oily, so using a cleanser every day couldn't possibly dry my skin. unfortunately, this cleanser really does dry the skin and i wouldn't recommend it for dry or sensitive skin types at all. or maybe it would work with a truckload of heavy moisturizer (ex: nivea).

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by soozenc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thought this would work on my oily acne prone skin, but unfortunately all it did was give me dry patches. Didn't like it, will not repurchase. As a matter of fact I returned back to Target and got my good old Cetaphil instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/12/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ahmazingemilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

For cleaning its pretty good, but for acne it does nothing really, but I can't complain because it isn't specifically an 'acne' cleanser. It helps maintain a little bit, but if you forget or don't wash your face for 1 time, it totally comes back at you with an annoying breakout. I will continue to use it until i get to the bottom of the bottle because I am not a waster, but I won't rebuy at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2011 5:31:00 AM More reviews by BonBonMouse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this cleanser a long while ago for the hot summer days when my combination/normal skin tends to produce massive amounts of oil and sweat. It felt harsh and stripped my face of ALL oils, leaving my skin feeling tight and uncomfortable with dry and itchy patches.

I would have given this cleanser a rating of 2, but now I've discovered a good use for it.

It's perfect for removing my make-up at the end of the day, along with my sunscreen and silicon-filled primer. It cuts through the "budge-proof" make-up in one go, leaving my face clean without the harsh, "stripped" feeling.

I don't use this every day, so it might be too harsh to use as an everyday makeup remover. I probably won't re-purchase this cleanser, but I'm glad to find a good use for this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Dream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ever since I discovered this cleanser, I have not looked back. This is my favourite cleanser by far.

Pros: does not dry out my skin (unlike the cleanser that treats acne), cleans my face very well (removes the oil and the bare minimum makeup that I put on), leaves my skin feeling soft

Cons: doesn't help treat the acne that broke out recently (not that it would considering its not an acne cleanser) and it is hard to get the remaining cleanser out once I reach the bottom (this is always an issue with this brand's cleanser in these types of bottles).

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by GivingAdvice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The packaging is great but the product inside the pretty bottle with a great dispenser is AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness. For the first three days i really liked it because i could feel it cleaning into my skin & my skin felt soft BUT the fourth day it starting BURNING it still does sting my skin and i do have oily sensitive skin. Wow it stings so bad that even after like a few hours my face is sensitive to the touch. Also hurts when i put on my moisturizer afterwards because it stings.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 4:30:00 AM More reviews by drea0627

This is my everyday cleanser. You only need a little and it lathers up really well. It takes off all my makeup and helps control my breakouts. It does dry my skin a bit so I have to use a moisturizer after.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 6:06:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

For some reason the packaging of this bottle made me really want to buy it, but the cliche of 'don't judge a book by it's cover' really runs true here. This is just waaaay too drying. I would use a minimal amount of this in my palm and once it was all washed off my face felt horribly tight and uncomfortable - completely stripped of moisture. I only used this on nights when I had a shower with a full face of makeup, because it's so damn drying that it took it all off for me. It's an okay cleanser, but I wouldn't ever buy it again knowing how tight it made my face feel. There's a difference between a clean face and a dry one.