December 19, 2014 | 1508 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Make Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by nikiblaz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite and absolute must-have foundation all year round! I use the lightest shade because I'm as pale as a snowflake and it doesn't make me look cakey or orange. It is a medium/full coverage foundation that feels lightweight and looks pretty natural. It tones down my redness and camouflages breakouts. Sometimes it can make my skin a little dry around my mouth and chin, but that's easily fixed by putting on a little extra moisturiser at night. I highly recommend this product to people who have acne prone/oily skin. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by malinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Hi, I have oily T-zone and dry on my cheeks skin. I am also very fair and break out very easily. I was looking for a foundation that a) wouldn't feel heavy and/or greasy on my skin. b) wouldn't clog my pores and break me out, c) wouldn't dry my skin out and d) wouldn't take 30 mins to apply/blend. I think this foundation is doing a good job. It feels and looks nice, doesn't make my skin shiny and feels light. However make sure you use a foundation brush to apply it!!! so you don't over-do it and blend it in perfectly. I used my fingers for other foundations but found it to work a lot better using a brush.

The reason I’m giving it 4 lippies is that a 5 one has to be something really exceptional and I haven't come across one.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by puttay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this foundation every day for a whole year almost. I wanted to like it, and thought it deserved a chance, and think I just got used to it over time - up until my mother told me my foundation looked awful :(

So I bought another brand last week, and have been surprised at how bad this is in comparison!

The color of this product was quite good on me, and when I put it on it looked good, but in a few hours it started getting oily and move around - and it sticks to everything!(phones, clothes etc) and start looking patchy. I have had to blot 100 times a day, because if I use powder it will get even more greasy and cakey looking.

I want to say it just didn't work for me, but I honestly really don't think it is the optimal choice for any skin condition, neither dry, oily or combination skin!

If you have perfect skin with minor discoloration it might look OKAY, but not optimal!

Cons:

Does not sit very long
Gets oily very quick
not good for layering (it looks cakey)
Moves around creating darker patches
Never fully dries and stick to clothes, phone, sheets etc etc.

Pros:

Looks good when immediately applied
Does not sink into pores/fine lines easily
Does not dry quickly (or does it ever really dry at all? I don't know!)
Does not make me break out (many foundations do so)
OKAY/medium coverage

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by elianachristina

I really wanted this foundation to work. I've tried the colors 03, 04 and 05 without success. They all have pink undertones and looks awful on me (I have yellow/neutral undertones). What a waste of money! If you don't have pink undertones, don't buy it!

The foundation stays on my skin pretty well. It doesn't break me out and keeps my skin not looking oily, even after gym.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/29/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by eliteprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure about this product.. it had both good and bad quality's. It looks natural (but only if i apply it with a brush and blot it, otherwise it didn't smooth well), the smell was pleasant and packaging was cute, but unfortunately it didn't last long, after a few hours it lost its coverage and became flaky, the price is a little expensive for this product, also i got the lightest shade 01 fresh alabaster and it was still too dark when it had set on my skin and had VERY noticeable pink undertones which just looked silly on me, overall i don't think its worth the price. xx

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Catraftery

I bought this product along with the other products in the blemish solutions range. I found the whole range made me skin worse and did not help improve my blemishes.

When first applying this makeup it looks flawless but is not in any way buildable. After just an hour or so the makeup starts lifting from the pores and looks greasy and patchy. Its then becomes very easily removed, I couldn't touch my face or I would remove the make up leaving it looking even more patchy.

I would not recommend this product to anyone with oily skin or with blemishes as it really isn't suitable. I've even gone as far as sending the whole blemish solutions range of products i purchased back to Clinique for a refund.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this. I mean an anti-acne foundation, sounds perfect, right? Unfortunately all the colours were WAY too orangy-pink and fake on me, despite what the Clinique sales lady tried to convince me. Sorry lady, it's not "just the store lighting", none of these colours match my skin! It was only an average foundation performance-wise. It wasn't terrible, but it didn't make my skin look gorgeous either. Nothing special, and no anti-acne miracle worker. There are better foundations in this price range. No love. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 9:17:00 AM More reviews by felicialazaar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For me this is the best foundation for acne-prone skin and best for everyday use. I have been using it since it launched in 2010 and am very happy. It doesn't make my skin break out like other foundations did in the past. The finish is matte. There might be more beautiful finishes out there, but for me this the only one that feels healthy to use everyday without fear of provoking any pimples.

The coverage is medium and buildable, for spots I use concealer in addition, as I don't want to look to cakey.

To control any oil I simply switch the moisturizer worn underneath (in summer a mattifying one, in winter I need something more heavy) and use a primer. I would say though that the foundation stays on all day without the primer, but the primer helps to control any oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by nlfr86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product for about 6 months,even though I am acne-prone it didn't make me break-out!Not even a single pimple! The moment I changed my foundation my face turned upside down,I regret trying other foundations. This is so far the best liquid foundation I have come across.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lizboh

Bear with my and this long review but trust me it will be worth it: I have oily acne prone skin and have been using this foundation for about 2 years. I purchased my first bottle back in 2010 and it is the first 'high end' foundation that i have ever bought (if you will.) I have tried other foundations such as the revlon colourstay and i find myself always coming back to this. I do not feel as though i need to branch out and try anything else because this foudation offers everything i need. This foundation offers medium to buildable coverage which is perfect if you want to apply a lighter coverage for the day or build it up for a night out. This offers a matte finish and evens out all my redness, and smooths silkily over my acne (and now currently the remains of pimples thanks to medication) and provides long lasting wear. I set with powder (rimmel stay matte) after application and this lasts a good 3-4 hours before re blotting is required. Compared to other foundations this controls oil very well. Whilst i am always oily, i have more recently become combination as i have had some dry patches on the outerparts of my cheeks because of the acne medication i am on, which is healing my spots, and the foundation will cling to those so more moisturisation is required on these parts before application. This would not work on a dry skin very well but would be a delight on combo/oily/very oily skin. The price (i purchased originally from a clinique counter for $50, and then again on strawberrynet for $42) is good for the product and the packaging is great. You squeeze the product out and ensures little waste, the entire method is very clean.

To sum up
Pros: -oil contorl
-does not break me out
-long lasting
-no scent/perfume

Cons: -slightly clings to dry patches (so again, great for oil control)
-can't think of anymore

What works for me, might work for you. Seriously, try this!
For reference i use the colour 2 fresh ivory, and it does not turn orange on me at all (oxidise) it suits and blends into my summer and winter colour, i have quite a fair 'english rose' complexion.