April 17, 2014 | 1873 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Mascara with Lash Boosting Serum

rated 2 of 5 on 8/7/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by beingfollowed

FYI- this product is also known as Double Extension Renewal Serum Inside Mascara.

I can't comment on whether the serum had an impact on the health of my lashes or lash fall. Suffice to say I didn't notice that I was losing any more or less lashes when using this product.

I have been a big big big fan on L'Oreal's Double Extend mascaras- I've tried them all. This one was the biggest let down of the collection. The ad states that it gives "visibly more lashes, plus 80% longer". It didn't have the all day hold that Beauty Tubes offers and it didn't have the volumising effect of Carbon Black. My lashes looked skinny and sparse and definitely not 80% longer. Won't be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by obabii

I purchased the starter kit and have been using it for about 2 weeks, so far I am liking it a lot. This mascaras black color really makes my eyes pop and my lashes long.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by winkkiss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also wrote a review for the serum as I purchased this mascara along with it in the starter kit. I just began using this two weeks ago. The primer coats my lashes well and helps to build length as well as thickness. It does take a bit more time to build up the product on your lashes. If you have a lot of time, you can end up with a nice result. I find that the key is to really focus on priming your lashes with a healthy coating of primer. I will update as I continue to use this along with the serum.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by qtrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I have short lashes.
I have been using this for some time now and I kinda see results on my top lashes.
I don't see as many lashes fall out but my lashes aren't super long, if anything they grew like a .1 mm
I'm not gonna buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by JJBlueEyes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like most L'Oreal mascaras. This one I actually returned to CVS. It was terrible! My lashes wouldn't curl and it made my eyelashes look sick! The formula was too thin or something!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2010 8:05:00 PM More reviews by jt_in_canada

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't like how my lashes looked when I used the serum and the mascara. It didn't hold a curl, plus the mascara made my lashes look anorexic.

I've since used the serum with Clinique's Lash Doubling mascara -- slightly better results. My lashes still went straight once the serum dried, but at least the Clinique mascara added some fullness.

I'll have to try again when I have some more time, but so far, I am not that impressed. I got better results from Mavala's Double Lash, in terms of lash growth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this mascara. I use the serum and the mascara together and I love both the coverage and the consistancy. I use the regular serum at night and I have noticed that my lashes are longer, while not necessarily thicker yet, I do see a lot of new lash growth. I also do not see the lash fallout that I have been accustomed to seeing. Definately will keep using and purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Before reading my review any further, please understand that I didn't use the serum. I just used the mascara part. My lashes are fine the way they are, I just figured because of the shape of the mascara wand, this product would make for an excellent volume-boosting finish.

How wrong was I.

This mascara clumps my lashes together. Whenever I try to separate them with my Ecotools Lash and Brow Brush, other than a tick's dick of length, I can't even tell I applied the mascara to begin with.

The color payoff is horrid. It's not very black. It's like a natural, greyish black.

Now I'm all for au naturale beauty, but I myself am a theatrical drama queen and so I request for my make-up to be as such. I was expecting big, sultry, "look at me I'm cheap" lashes. But no. I got spider legs instead.

As stated, I don't know how good this is for growing lashes but it sure did make mine look like shit.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by whisper

This didn't work for me at all. After curling my lashes as usual, I applied the primer serum and waited a minute for it to dry before applying the mascara over top. While the primer did immediately lengthen my lashes (and separated them nicely too I must say), it completely weighed them down, thus removing any curl I'd had. I have classically stick-straight Asian lashes – they're very long and very dense (I'm half German) but they're indeed stick straight. Curling is a must. I hate that this stuff totally wiped out my curl!! Disappointing. For whatever reason, I thought to continue w/the process, and I went ahead and put the mascara on over the priming serum. Mistake #2! Yikes. My lashes looked hideous, like huge, black, spiky...spikes, coming out of my upper lids. They looked like phantom lashes, as if they weren't even attached to my eyelids anymore. The other thing I disliked was the poor design of the tube itself (especially the mascara end). Because the stick part (w/the brush applicator on the end) is attached to the middle of the wand (the primer of course being on the opposite end) and because the whole tube is SO thick when holding it in your fingers, the application feels clumsy – no matter how you do it. The wand is simply too short! The end where the middle part connects kept getting in the way of my eyelashes as I applied the product. Annoying. I mean seriously annoying. Anyhow, in the end I had to take an eye makeup remover pad to both my eyes and start all over w/my eye makeup. I think I'll try this again, only because I've paid for it and don't want to waste it. Maybe w/some practice I'll get the hang of it. But for now I'm rather unimpressed w/this mascara. Pretty disappointing product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by JessicaCP

So far I'm giving this four lippies as I have only been using it for a few days but I shall explain why. The whole idea of it is to renew your lashes so they make an excellent formula that is really easy to take off, which was half the problem of me losing my lashes in the first place. You do need to let it dry otherwise you'll get that annoying mascara dot print under your eyebrows, so as long as you give it sufficiant time you've got yourself a long lasting mascara.

Serum is white, but the mascara is extreme black which covers it entirely. I'm the kind of person who likes to take time applying mascara though and getting it right so if you're a whip it out and chuck it on kind of chick get something less maintenance :)

I got it on special for $17 AUD.