October 23, 2014 | 1368 users online

Cleansers - Biore - Steam Activated Cleanser with SteamActiv Beads

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by audiolovely

What an underrated product! Not only does this remove stubborn makeup, but it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean. The scent is very relaxing and soothing.

I honestly use half a pump of product to cleanse my entire face.

This is a definitely drugstore winner~ must try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by KelliaC

Well, I'm very impressed with this product. Got a sample in the mail and fell in love with the product the second I used it. So I went and bought a bottle. It removes all my makeup without leaving that dry and pulling feeling on my skin. It's gentle and even removes stubborn eye makeup. I line my eyes heavily with dark liner and even that is removed. I'm not sure about waterproof makeup, but so far it's done a great job removing all my usual makeup. And I wear MAC products too, which are supposed to be very pigmented. It also smells great, can't emphasize that enough. A little goes a long way. The fact it comes in a pump is a definite plus. Overall a definite winner in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 10:14:00 AM More reviews by vmax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the best cleansers I have ever used. Biore did it again! I think this brand is well under the radar and it is about time it got some recognition. This cleanser comes in a gel form with tiny beads in it that make you feel like you just cleared all your sinus. It is not overpowering but tingly. The bottle is a pump, which I love since squeeze tubes generally get stale water in the bottom when you leave them in the shower. The pump sometimes gets a little clogged which is why I only gave it 4 but it is super simple to clear, you just pull on the gel. I have Combo normal skin, essentially a little oily but I never break out and this is perfect for my skin in the morining. I would however use a different cleanser or wipes to remove makeup as the minty part is not good trying to remove mascara. Overall another hit from this company and I look forward to any new product they might have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 9:40:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

So I can't really write a complete review for this yet because I have only used it once. BUT, it is great. Just used it in the shower. Completely took off all my face makeup. Used a toner pad after and nothing came off on the pad so you know it took off everything. I also love the tingly, fresh minty feeling. Smells good. I will keep using to see if I run into any problems, but so far, so good!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by sayJENN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It was the only cleanser that could get me through my first month on epiduo, thank goodness! It is very gentle. Well, I think that the minty feeling was a tad ehh, but bearable. Now I love it for the tingly feeling and it really feels like my face is geeting a deep cleanse.

It removes all of my face makeup but I don't know about eye m/u, because I usually take it off beforehand with eye m/u remover. However, once I went in with minimal eyeliner & mascara and I came out with it all off. Though I advise against using it around eyes because it stings a little from the mint-yness.

I haven't used products geared for deep cleansing in a few years now since my acne took a bad turn. But now that I am on epiduo and can no longer use harsh products, I am on the look out for a cleanser that can be deemed my HG - which is why I gave it 4 lippies. It's amazing, but I'm not sure if it's THE best yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have never really had much luck with Biore products in the past, however this new cleanser has worked extremely well for me. I am almost to the end of my first bottle and will definitely buy again. This mint-infused, oil-free, non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic gel has a tingly, almost cooling effect when applied to the skin, but it is not overpowering, unpleasant or painful in any way. I apply and leave this on my face for several minutes when I take a shower and the steam from my shower really does make it feel like I am getting an at-home facial. I also do notice a difference in my skin after I have used this. My face feels very soft and smooth and my pores appear reduced in size which tells me that the cleanser really has done it's job in removing residual makeup, dirt and grime from them. I have not had any breakouts since using this nor has it had the opposite effect and dried my skin out. My face just always feels refreshed and deep-down clean. Another big plus - this cleanser is sulfate-free. My only complaint is the pump bottle. Although the pump is more hygenic, it seems that I have to exert an awful lot of pressure on it to get the cleanser out of the bottle. Maybe it's because the cleanser is a thick gel or maybe I got a faulty one, but I think I would prefer this in a squeeze tube. I initially paid about $5 for this at CVS because I had a coupon, but will gladly pay full price for this in the future, which I believe is about $8.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by lmao205

love this...i'm almost out of the first bottle and i will definitely buy it again. i always say a magazine ad will sell me anything and this time i fell in love.

my skin is combo normal to dry and usually gel-like cleansers dry my face out after about a week of using it - so i'd typically stay away from them. this doesn't dry my face and it cleans wonderfully. it smells nice.

since it doesn't have an acne treater, i follow up with the biore triple action astringent just to keep my breakouts away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by barbie_c0ri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This cleanser clean off all my makeup, excluding the eyes. I would not use it around there because it has peppermint or that minty feeling so it will definitely sting your eyes. It does clean my pore well. I'm not so sure about the steaming part. I only tested this cleanser for 3 days so i don't think it's long enough. I used it twice a day. It's oil free, paraben free, but it contain fragrance. It's a nice cleanser but I already have a cleanser I like. I was just curious about this steam thing since I wanted to get a facial sooo bad! It was priced at $7.99 at safeway, but it was on sale for $5.99 and $1 off so i paid only $5. I would like to hear other comments about this cleanser since it's new.

Update 3/20: I actually like this cleanser! My pore feels cleaner and less clogged. I went to get an facial and my esthetician told me that I didn't need much extraction done AND i haven't gone to a facial treatment for 6 months...so this much be working! My face do feel softer and smoother. By the way, I do have oily but very sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts (cystic acne).

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No