November 23, 2014 | 966 users online

Treatments (Face) - Kiehl's - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by JamLam

Few drops into your palm and pat this onto your face before you go to sleep. The next morning my skin is baby soft. I do find that this does help lighten any acne scar/blemishes.

This is expensive though... $98 NZD. I have my eye set on Trilogy Rose hip next!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by bgfp9898

As I have combination skin I often stay away from any type of oil-based products. Two weeks ago, the Kiehl's sales girl convinced me into trying their midnight recovery concentrate as she saw the dry patches on my nose. She kept saying that it's one of her top 3 favorites from the brand. She practically rang it up before I had time to think twice. As a lot of reviewers have mentioned already, this concentrate makes the skin looks really refreshed the next morning. It doesn't feel greasy although I get the shine on my forehead. So far no whiteheads or zits yet. The lavender scent is nice and I love how quickly it absorbs into my skin! I am even skipping my Clarins night cream after purchasing this product and my skin still remains super hydrated. I don't really have any negatives for this concentrate at this point and I think it is worth the $. I can't say the same for their midnight recovery eye, it is doing nothing for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Terrible product. Broke out a cluster of whiteheads on my chin. Also did nothing of the moisturising, glowing things that other people claim they had. I know this one is not for me. Better get a sample before you buy the full sized bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

Oh how my heart and mind quivered in sadness that this affordable and much venerated product did NOTHING for my skin.

I did not like its texture- it left some type of oily filmy gluggle on my skin, it made my cheeks sting a bit. There was no hydration, no increased radiance and no younger looking nothing. Just gluggle and frustration.

Get a sample first to see if this might work for you- it has such good reviews for so many other people, that maybe you might be one of the lucky ones!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ariestar8

Pretty expensive so I got samples. Yeah it's greasy but I do look refreshed when I wake up. A little bit goes a long way and I guess it doesn't even bother me because my skin is drier in the winter anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by zhuzhu147

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have acne and acne scars. i have been using this product with the clearly corrective dark spot solution and it really works awesome together. also, because of the lavender scent, i sleep better and i wake up every morning with glowing skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by biancab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was given this product to try through a blogger here in South Africa as part of the 28 day skin changing challenge from Kiehl's. We had to take weekly pictures of our skin to show the progress of using this oil every night. Oh my goodness was I amazed. In my before photo my skin looks dull and pale compared to what it is now. After just a week of using this liquid gold I could already see a difference - if you take photographs you will see it happen before your own eyes!

This oil smells wonderful to me and 4 drops go a long way, so this product lasts. I have had this product for 4 months now and i've got about 1/4 of a bottle left, so it can last you a good 6 months of using it every night. My skin feels plump and soft to the touch every morning after I use this. My friend even commented on my skin saying that something looks different. After a month of use I could even go out with just a tinted moisturizer on, something I've never been comfortable doing before. My occasional breakouts have stopped completely, I can't remember the last time I had a breakout. This oil also helps with the fine crows feet around my eyes and they have almost disappeared by now.

Do not be afraid if you have oily skin - I have oily skin too and this oil is wonderful. It will not make your skin more oily, quite the opposite really.

This is my HG night treatment, I will most definitely be repurchasing once my bottle is empty.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

When I am dry and especially during the winter, this used to work very well on me.

I don't like the smell but it does soothe my skin.

I like that this has never aggravated my face seriously and is very calm and soothing

This is a great product to bring with when I am traveling as it can give me a pick me up and save me from some dry skin. I will not repurchase because I have moved on to better products.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't get all the hype. Yes, it smells heavenly and you do wake up with glowing skin, but I think that's also a mental effect of spending $45 on AN OUNCE of MIXED OILS. I get the same glow from Argan oil (around half the price) and coconut oil (a quarter of the price.) Plus I can already foresee the horrors of using up this product, as the dropper becomes inefficient towards the end! I think the product is great, but it isn't worth half the cost.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by ctregower

At first I thought this product was overrated, even benign, as I couldn't see any difference in my complexion. No brightness, no healthy glow etc. I was starting to feel a little bummed about spending £40 on a bottle of what was essentially, pleasant smelling oil.

To begin with, I was only using Midnight Recovery 2/3 times per week. I thought - falsely - that if I used it every night I was BOUND to break out. I mean, I had to - MR is an oil, which is, after all, the root of my adolescent skin problems, right? So, resting upon this assumption, I was parsimonious in my application for the first two months that I owned MR.

However, the real breakthrough came when I, sick of the ostensibly great experiences everyone else was having, decided to perform a little experiment. I was going to use Midnight Recovery EVERY NIGHT and see what happened. Risking a few pimples to find the perfect Midnight Recovery recipe seemed like a small price to pay for the redemption my soul would bask in after discovering that this indulgently priced item actually worked.

So I applied it every night. I cleansed, toned, applied 3-4 drops of oil over my face.

I will cut the middle part out as I wouldn't want to embellish unnecessarily about my really fun life.

4 weeks later, and WOW. My skin has genuinely never been so good. When I take my make up off at night, my skin glows. And while Midnight Recovery Oil didn't trigger my decision to relinquish foundation, it certainly made me happy about it. My skin is clear and glowing, and truly has not looked this good in years.

So the moral of the story is, if you're not using your Midnight Recovery every day, lest your skin exploding into Turkish Delight scented acne, do try it. It may be the best thing you ever do.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No