April 17, 2014 | 1686 users online

Treatments - Kiehls - Midnight Recovery Concentrate

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 2:02:00 PM More reviews by lesanger

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff, I've been using it for over a year. I don't need a lot so a bottle lasts a long time for me. I use about 1/3 of a dropper and rub it into my face and neck and the excess into the tops of my hands.

My skin is a little sensitive and prone to redness and hormonal breakouts. Midnight Recovery helps whatever breakouts I have go away faster and I do feel like my finer lines are less noticeable.

In the morning my skin is clearer, smooth, and just needs a splash of water and my day moisturizer and I'm good to go. Plus my husband loves how it smells!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Mikkoava

So after reading all the reviews on here, I decided to buy this and try it out. Since I have sensitive skin, i was hesitant. i get blemishes and scar sometimes from my acne and eczema. After my pregnancy my skin has been all weird so I thought I'd give this a try. It's been 2 weeks and my face is a lot more radiant but I haven't noticed any of my scars fading.

I can say I don't care much for its smell. I am a light scented kind of person and find this a bit strong.

Overall I like it so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by megansi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome stuff! I have never tried anything like it! I was hesitant at first because it felt counter intuitive.. "an oily substance on my face before I go to bed, Isn't it going to make me break out,"? Nope, did the opposite... it leaves your skin sooooooo smooth and soft with kind of a matte finish. Wonderful stuff I can't wait to try it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 3:03:00 PM More reviews by fiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I read a lot about this product in every magazine, blogs etc. So i decided i will pick this one. I ordered it online. when i first saw the bottle i loved the look, later was disappointed to see oil based serum. i was like no ways as i already had oily skin. Then i decided to just use it as i spent a lot of cash on it, there i fell in love. All i need is 3-4 drops of this on my entire face. love the lavender smell and the fact it absorbs quickly and i wake up with a fresh face in the morning

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by windshadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I must admit I didnt use it daily. It felt too greasy after a while and I really wasnt seeing any results. In fact, my skin felt really oily in the morning!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by phoebeweatherfield

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the smell and texture of this product. It's got a nice, herbal, there-but-not-overpowering fragrance, and while it's several steps up from a daytime serum, it's a very lightweight, non-greasy oil. However, I haven't really noticed any major improvement in my skin since I started using it. It's perfectly good if you're looking for a product that simply adds an additional bit of moisture under your night cream, and it certainly didn't do my skin any harm, but I think I'm in the market for something a bit more actively repairing/anti-aging.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by girlfromtahiti

This costs $48 in Canada & I'm willing to pay that price because of the results I get. I wake up to softer, smoother skin. The scent is not overpowering; only need a few drops for my entire face. I have combination skin & this is the only PM moisturizer I need.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by notevangelista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a really nice, relaxing and effective night-time product. As someone who doesn't 'get' night-creams (I don't understand the point of paying twice the amount for a heavier day cream, and I don't see the point of applying a product that just sits on your skin, not doing much work), I find myself turning to oils and serums to protect and hydrate my skin in the night-time.
Serums and oils are products that are less complex and are accepted far more easily by your skin's surface layers during the process of the night, and I find that this product, which really combines the two, is for me, a great solution to any night-time hydration issues I wanted to combat. This has really helped my skin, which was really dull before I started using this, and I'm now on the hunt for the perfect eye-cream to use with this, to bring total hydration to my face. I use this as a bit of a massage oil as well, doing a quick Tanaka facial massage on most nights that I'm not too tired... on nights I am quite tired, I just use a jade facial roller. I think that this product has lived up to its claims, it really does something, which is more than you can ask of other serums/oils on the market, and it does so for a reasonably good price for a more accessible luxury skincare brand.
As for other skin types, I don't think this is too bad for those of you with sensitive skin, definitely not bad at all for people with slightly sensitive skin like myself... it's only helped my skin, not caused breakouts despite the various oils and things that are in this product. So all in all, a great product to add to a simple, uncomplicated night-time skincare regimen, which for me has been shortened to a two-step process of eye-cream and midnight oil thanks to this product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Jsirois

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product. I have sensitive and dehydrated skin and it helped me get moisturized and comfortable. I especially love the smell, very relaxing, right before going to bed. Packaging is high quality and helps you control the amount of oil you use. It might not be my n.1 face oil in regards to apparent results, but I would certainly buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 7:52:00 AM More reviews by GreedyWitch

At first, I was on the fence about this. It was nice, but didn't do anything miraculous. But I LOVE the eye cream, so I kept both around and didn't pay much attention to the face concentrate for a while. Fast-forward to a few months later, and here I am living in the UK and my skin has gone GONZO dry this winter. I am an oily-skinned guy through and through--you could power a boat engine from the left-side of my face alone, but for some reason, I am as dry as a rock this winter. I slathered on everything here I could find, but was wary of trying anything new, for fear a crop of spots would erupt. So I gave this face concentrate a go again, and WHOA--it not only quenched my thirsty skin, but I noticed the texture was so smooth, my pores are reduced, any redness or irritation is calmed, and my skin is just harmonious! No spots, no clogged pores, no worries. Five stars for Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No