December 21, 2014 | 1879 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Minted #85

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by tiffany0794

I got the nail polish for three dollars so if you really wanted to save money then be patient and wait for Revlon to be on sale.

I really do enjoy this nail polish. I do not have any bubbles when applying it, but there are ways to avoid it if it happens. The formula is quite watery, so streakyness will happen. But you can use a white base to help avoid that also. If you are good at applying nail polish Revlon polishes won't be too difficult. On the other hand, if you don't want to bother with putting extra effort and patience, then spend an extra couple of dollars on OPI or Essie. This usually takes two coats for me. It does not chip and I don't use a top coat. It's a beautiful color and definitely a cheaper alternative to Essie's Mint Candy Apple. The main concern about Revlon polishes is that it really tests your 'skills'. I personally like Revlon polishes!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by kp112358

Other reviewers have said that it comes on streaky - yes, the first coat is. After the second (I usually do three) it looks completely solid. The color is exactly the same as it appears in the bottle and it lasts at least a few days before chipping. Despite the inconvenience of having to do three coats instead of two, its still one of my top three polishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by michellehkim

FORMULA is messy, streaky, gets tacky, and never seems to dry on me. overall, it just sucks.

COLOR looked prettier in the bottle for me. of course, this might have to do with my skin tone and/or the fact that I had to glomp on layer after slow-drying layer to get it completely streak-free and smooth. anyway, I've seen swatches of it looking quite pretty on other people so it must be me, I guess.

APPLICATION is a pain because of the aforementioned formula and took forever. I had to start completely over sometimes. also, I've tried like, five times to get this right. it hasn't happened yet and I don't plan on trying again.

this is only the second nail polish from Revlon I have purchased, but I don't think I'll be purchasing any more in the near future. I wanted to like both of them, I really did. it just never happened.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by drycleanonly

I agree with other reviews that the formula is really streaky but mine dried really really fast to my surprise and the colour is beautiful! I required 2-3 coats for it to be opaque. Yes I would repurchase but definitely not at full price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 2:03:00 AM More reviews by veggiegirl11

The formula isn't too terrible. I find it goes on a little streaky on the first coat, but after a second coat, I don't have a problem with it.

The color is beautiful! I buy this all the time because I just love the color and can match it to almost anything I wear. It's pretty and soft, but a little surprising, too. The color in the bottle is pretty much exactly how it looks on your nails.

My only big issue with this is that it seems to dry out way too fast. I still have about a 4th of the bottle left, and the product has gotten too gloopy and dry to even apply, and I have to buy a new one.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jschung

I got this color for 40% off at RiteAid.
Yes, the formula is a bit... crappy to the say the least but definitely something that you can work with! I apply 3 layers and a fast-drying topcoat and the color came out beautiful!!! I normally stick to dark colors (brown, purple, navy blue, etc) but I bought this one cuz I thought it was pretty and it's been sooo rainy here.

I'm so glad I went out on a whim!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:27:00 AM More reviews by starapples

Reiterating many others' sentiments, I HATE this formula! It's not it's streaky or watery consistency that bugs me, but this weird thing where it takes so long to dry, but gets really tacky quickly. I'm still applying a coat to my nails, and the polish starts getting tacky and stringy and clumps up on my nail... it's really bizarre because it by no means dries fast...? I'm really disappointed by this because I have another Revlon polish in Devilish (dark reddish violet) and it's really great and dries in thin, even layers. Too bad because I really loved the pastel minty color, but this is going back tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by thesourie

I really, truly love this color but omg the formula is awful. It applies on way too thick and only lasts about a day before chipping. I have to put 3 coats on for it to look good. I'd buy a similar color from another brand, for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Maggieyso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i bought this on a whim. i love the color, it's a nice sea-foam green, a very unique color for a nail polish. i've had problems with revlon's nail polish in the past, it does tend to streak. i used two coats with this one and it looks pretty opaque. while i'm not dissatisfied with the purchase, i doubt i'd buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 10:55:00 PM More reviews by softatlas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Revlon has the absolute worst nail polish formula I've ever used. It's streaky, watery, it bubbles and often times I have to take it off and start over. If you use three coats it never dries, and if you only use two coats you have to be very careful to get the perfect amount of polish with each. Once you manage to get you nails looking okay, you have to make sure you don't touch anything for 45 minutes because the polish will rub off or get dents in it. I've only got two manicures out of this, but I've used almost have of the bottle because I have to start over so often. The only reason I gave it three stars is because the color beautiful. It's the only mint green polish that you can find readily available and cheap. I guess you get what you pay for.