October 25, 2014 | 1701 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by xiaou

My first eye primer ever! I was planning on purchasing UDP but since I'm on a budget, I ended up with this one. Their SA pushed me on buying this because she said it's one of their bestsellers and they're normally out of stock. I have super oily lids and we have super humid weather and i can say that this held my eyeliner all through out the day without smudging! The only con is that it's so hard to remove even with an eye makeup remover:(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LadyNicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this eye primer so much, It really prevent my eyeshadow creasing and my liner from smudging all day long.Very Recommended eye primer. The only dilemma is the packaging, the tube comes with stick inside however you have to spread the product with your finger instead of the stick given, coz its spread unevenly with the stick. I will buy this product over and over again 5/5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

I first bought this eye primer as an alternative to TFSI since its more pocket friendly, and it does not disappoint. My eyeliner/eyeshadow lasts the whole day, with a little smudging on the lower outer corner of my lids after a really long day. The drawbacks I have with this primer is that there is no way you can use two layers without it being blotchy, so you can only use a thin layer. The texture just a little tad sticky, but no problems once it dries. Bottle shape is similar to UDPP's, product will get stuck on the fat portion of the tube. I will continue rotating use of this and TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Proof 10 performed THISCLOSE to UDPP! I love UDPP. And then I won this primer in a blog contest. The blogger said this is comparable to UDPP but since I have udpp, I was so ready to be disappointed.

I've tried this on both lids, and side by side with UDPP and I must say it works so well. The only difference I noticed are:

1. Consistency. UDPP dries quicker so you'll need a quick hand in spreading it over your lids. Proof10 has a bit of an oily feel while you spread it but dries to a finish much like udpp.

2. UDPP is more opaque and evens out the color of the lids. Proof10 has a translucent 'cover' when applied. But to me, the opaqueness wouldn't matter if you're putting eyeshadow anyway.

I am a loyalist when it comes to products that work for me so I'm actually very surprised to find something comparable to udpp. For longer days outside the house or during important events, I use UDPP. On regular days it's proof10 for me.

p.s. I have yet to compare using proof10 with different types of eyeshadows. I've only used it with ELF, Ellana mineral shadows and a coastal scents-ish palette. Non of them creased. Will try it with Stila and Clinique shadows next. (I have a bad experience of creasing with Stila shadows but let's see if proof10 holds em up.)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by disti

This is such a great product, as previous reviews have stated. It's so affordable. I haven't tried UDPP myself because I'm put off by the pricetag. Just give this product a go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my seemingly never-ending quest to find a good primer, Proof 10 is yet another I had to try.
My ideal would have been the original UDPP. No creasing, smudging or fading. There's one big drawback; it irritates my lids.
Having pretty damn oily lids that are slightly hooded has made this search a very frustrating challenge.
Proof 10 is one of the better primers I've tried. It dries to a nude colour, which is great. Feels very smooth & creamy upon application, eyeshadow blends well over it.
Whilst it does prevent my shadows from smudging or fading, it does still tend to crease on the inner corner of my eyes. Having said that, it's a tiny amount of creasing compared with other primers I've tried (the worst offender being TFSI, hello Crease-City). It's probably nowhere near as noticeable to someone else but I know it has creased.
It does seem to take longer to crease than other primers too. Around 6 hours or so before I notice it.
Packaging is so-so. It'll be hard work getting the last of this out of the little bottle. I do like that the doe-foot applicator doesn't seem to have as much product clinging to it as in the case of other primers. It makes it harder to put too much on.
Price is great. This stuff comes pretty cheap from eBay.
Proof 10 may not do a perfect job on my eyes but someone with less oily lids will probably get outstanding performance from this primer. For me though, I may have to give up on the dream of ever having shadow that doesn't crease (without having irritated eyes). I'm currently trying out the NARS primer to see if that works any better. If not, Proof 10 will re-enter the picture as it's given the best results so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 6:19:00 AM More reviews by OoBrittany

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my urban decay primer potion, so I got this for 5,500 won (approx. $5). It works just as well and it's so cheap, I'll def. repurchase. I've had my makeup on for 12 hours, my face is oily, but my eyeshadow looks as if I just applied it.

ETA: This also does a great job at making my liquid eyeliner last all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2010 5:03:00 AM More reviews by Gravemedic

This proof 10 eye shadow primer is awesome! I have very oily lids and after just an hour my eyeshadow starts to melt away especially around the outer corners of my eye but with this primer, it didnt! Today I even ended up getting caught in a rain shower and was drenched but my eyeshadow amazingly stayed put!

I do find it a little hard to blend and if you put too much you might end up with a lumpy look. Also, try not to get any on your lashes because it makes your lashes stick together. However, all it needs is some practice. It's really worth it!

I bought this because I really wanted a primer and didn't want to shell out too much money for TFSI and UDPP, I'm really glad I did and I hope that they dont stop selling this in my country! ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 10:57:00 AM More reviews by aneeela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very affordable and really works. I have very oily lids and this made my eyeshadow stay put without creasing (for once!). I am amazed. A little bit goes a long way and is still as effective. Don't use too much because it can make your eyelids look pasty beige with a thick layer on. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by docedecereja

i liked it a lot quite cheap and still good works with code b eyeliner from the same brand