November 26, 2014 | 1771 users online

Eye Primer - Etude - Proof 10 Eye Primer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

WOW! That's all I can say after trying this product. Before using this I was a faithful UDPP devotee, but I think I'm converted. At around $5, this is literally the single best eye primer that I've ever tried.

I was a little skeptical about trying a new eye primer, but thanks to the smashing reviews on here, I decided to order this on Ebay...And boy am I glad I did.

I have very deep set eyes with very oily lids, and this even keeps MY eye makeup in place all day with no transferring, creasing or smudging. I often wear this under eyeliner alone to keep it in place. Also, this product was able to keep my loose mineral pigments in place all day with zero fall out, something my beloved UDPP was not able to do. I was thinking about buying a glitter adhesive (such as Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy) for my loose shadows, but thanks to Etude I don't think that will be necessary :)

As far as the packaging goes, I personally think it's adorable and I love how I can actually see how much product that I have left. Many people don't like the super long wand, but I do because it's easy to grasp. I dab a little where my eye makeup will be applied, then I use my finger to spread it around. The consistency of this product is also nice. It's much less thick than that of UDPP and the tiniest amount goes a long way. Spreads well too.

I cannot say enough about this product. It's worked better for me than any other primer I've tried (even pricey, high end ones). Just goes to show the little gems that you can find if you shop around. I still love UDPP, but I love this even more :) 5 stars!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by vagabondking

i have oily lids, so my eyeliner/dark eyeshadow is forever smudging on me, so i pretty much need primer like i need air. i've used both Too Faced Shadow Insurance and Urban Decay Primer Potion, and while i love them both, they are quite expensive. in my quest for a cheaper alternative, i've tried NYX's HD Eye Shadow Base and regular Eye Shadow Base, which both ended in relative disappointment. i also haven't been able to find E.L.F where i live, so i pretty much resigned myself to never finding that good alternative.

then i saw this while perusing for bb cream online, looked up some of the reviews (on here and elsewhere), and decided to try it out for myself. at less than $10 CAD, i figured it couldn't be worse than the NYX HD shadow primer (which i had gotten for about the same price). best decision EVER. okay, so i may be exaggerating a little (i'm sure i've made plenty of other really good decisions before), but the point is, i have not regretted getting this primer at all.

no smudging. my shadows and liners (liquid and pencil) stayed put except for some very minimal smudging at the outer corners after a long (say . . . at least a good 8 hours) day. if i use my Bobbi Brown gel liner, then not even any of that outer corner smudging at all. the texture is quite creamy, not as thin as TFSI or UDPP, but spreads just as easily and doesn't feel greasy or anything. i think the only con about this would be the bottle and applicator, because it's similar (in a sense) to the old UDPP bottle and applicator, and i'm afraid i won't be able to reach all of the product once i've used it more. i love this primer though and i will definitely be repurchasing this when i'm done.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2011 12:12:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

I was a little weary of this product only because I love my UDPP so much. I ordered some online, but while waiting to get it in the mail, I went to Etude House and bought this because the reviews looked good and it was rumored to be cheap.

Wow, it is really cheap, and works so great! I feel it is pretty similar to UD and my eye makeup stayed on for 2 days and looked great!

At 5,500 W or around $4.50 it is cheap and a great product. I will definitely be buying this product again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by x3sheeey

Love this Primer! It performs just as well (or maybe a little better) than UDPP, and for a quarter of the price! I wished I bought back ups when I was in the Philippines =(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by xiaou

My first eye primer ever! I was planning on purchasing UDP but since I'm on a budget, I ended up with this one. Their SA pushed me on buying this because she said it's one of their bestsellers and they're normally out of stock. I have super oily lids and we have super humid weather and i can say that this held my eyeliner all through out the day without smudging! The only con is that it's so hard to remove even with an eye makeup remover:(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 9:55:00 AM More reviews by LadyNicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this eye primer so much, It really prevent my eyeshadow creasing and my liner from smudging all day long.Very Recommended eye primer. The only dilemma is the packaging, the tube comes with stick inside however you have to spread the product with your finger instead of the stick given, coz its spread unevenly with the stick. I will buy this product over and over again 5/5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blueberry17

I first bought this eye primer as an alternative to TFSI since its more pocket friendly, and it does not disappoint. My eyeliner/eyeshadow lasts the whole day, with a little smudging on the lower outer corner of my lids after a really long day. The drawbacks I have with this primer is that there is no way you can use two layers without it being blotchy, so you can only use a thin layer. The texture just a little tad sticky, but no problems once it dries. Bottle shape is similar to UDPP's, product will get stuck on the fat portion of the tube. I will continue rotating use of this and TFSI.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by chatterboxlee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Proof 10 performed THISCLOSE to UDPP! I love UDPP. And then I won this primer in a blog contest. The blogger said this is comparable to UDPP but since I have udpp, I was so ready to be disappointed.

I've tried this on both lids, and side by side with UDPP and I must say it works so well. The only difference I noticed are:

1. Consistency. UDPP dries quicker so you'll need a quick hand in spreading it over your lids. Proof10 has a bit of an oily feel while you spread it but dries to a finish much like udpp.

2. UDPP is more opaque and evens out the color of the lids. Proof10 has a translucent 'cover' when applied. But to me, the opaqueness wouldn't matter if you're putting eyeshadow anyway.

I am a loyalist when it comes to products that work for me so I'm actually very surprised to find something comparable to udpp. For longer days outside the house or during important events, I use UDPP. On regular days it's proof10 for me.

p.s. I have yet to compare using proof10 with different types of eyeshadows. I've only used it with ELF, Ellana mineral shadows and a coastal scents-ish palette. Non of them creased. Will try it with Stila and Clinique shadows next. (I have a bad experience of creasing with Stila shadows but let's see if proof10 holds em up.)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by disti

This is such a great product, as previous reviews have stated. It's so affordable. I haven't tried UDPP myself because I'm put off by the pricetag. Just give this product a go!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 12:24:00 PM More reviews by firework_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In my seemingly never-ending quest to find a good primer, Proof 10 is yet another I had to try.
My ideal would have been the original UDPP. No creasing, smudging or fading. There's one big drawback; it irritates my lids.
Having pretty damn oily lids that are slightly hooded has made this search a very frustrating challenge.
Proof 10 is one of the better primers I've tried. It dries to a nude colour, which is great. Feels very smooth & creamy upon application, eyeshadow blends well over it.
Whilst it does prevent my shadows from smudging or fading, it does still tend to crease on the inner corner of my eyes. Having said that, it's a tiny amount of creasing compared with other primers I've tried (the worst offender being TFSI, hello Crease-City). It's probably nowhere near as noticeable to someone else but I know it has creased.
It does seem to take longer to crease than other primers too. Around 6 hours or so before I notice it.
Packaging is so-so. It'll be hard work getting the last of this out of the little bottle. I do like that the doe-foot applicator doesn't seem to have as much product clinging to it as in the case of other primers. It makes it harder to put too much on.
Price is great. This stuff comes pretty cheap from eBay.
Proof 10 may not do a perfect job on my eyes but someone with less oily lids will probably get outstanding performance from this primer. For me though, I may have to give up on the dream of ever having shadow that doesn't crease (without having irritated eyes). I'm currently trying out the NARS primer to see if that works any better. If not, Proof 10 will re-enter the picture as it's given the best results so far.