November 23, 2014 | 2022 users online

Eye Primer - LORAC - Behind the Scenes Eye Primer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Initially I was extremely pleased with this primer, but my ardor has worn off considerably. I will continue to use my stash for very specific purposes, but my position right now is that I would not buy it again.

My previous eye primer favorite is TFSI, but I discontinued dailly use of that due to very mild milia. I didn't want to risk the milia getting worse. I bought this five months ago because 1) it's not reputed to cause milia, 2) its consistency is good for dry eyelids, which mine definitely are, and 2) I got three full-sized tubes for $30.

Initially, I thought it performed equal to TFSI. My shadows seemed bright, lasted all day, and didn't migrate or crease. Perhaps this was so because I started wearing this mid-December in a cold, dry area. The last couple of months I have noticed extensive creasing (more than any other primer I have ever used, including ELF $1 primer) and my shadows shift. I can't use this when applying heavier, darker, or more pigmented shadows that need a lot of blending because the primer base wears away completely. It performs best when I am using it for my daily look of minimal eyeshadow (along the lines of Mac Brulee + Wedge) and heavy lash. Even then I get creasing and shifting after a few hours, but it's okay enough. I have not had any milia, and I saw milia by the time I had used TFSI for five months.

I've done the same looks with Lorac one day and TFSI the next, and the colors are brighter and more clear with TFSI. TFSI has no creasing or shifting. This holds true regardless of whether it's a minimal look or a more complicated look. TFSI is simply a better primer for me except for the fact that it causes milia.

My compromise is that I use Lorac the majority of the time. I use it for my minimal daily look and slightly more complicated looks if I don't care that much how it looks or lasts (like I'm just going to work ). I use TFSI for times when I go out and for the truly complicated looks.

One tip I do have is to let it dry for much longer than you think you need to. It may be dry to the touch at five minutes, but it performs much better if I let it sit for fifteen minutes. It's a total pain to wait that long because my makeup routine is long enough, but I suck it up because I'm vain.

Also, I don't like the packaging that much. It's much better than the doe-foot primers, but I don't like this squeeze tube as much as TFSI's tube. TFSI has a snout and I amable to precisely measure out how much I needed. Lorac is a squeeze tube with a hole on a slant, like a lipgloss. For the life of me, I cannot get an accurate amount of product to come out. It's too much or too little, and then I squeeze more to get too much. I have to squeeze and push product out of it with a bit of force, which means my Lorac tube has cracked all along the side and is about to split. I still have 1/4 or 1/3 product left in there.

I will be on the lookout for a different primer suitable for my lids that doesn't cause milia. When I used TFSI, I loved having one primer that is good for any time and occasion, and that is what I hope to get.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by k1dub

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 2 months now and it's just okay. I adore the packaging - the squeeze tube applicator is fabulous since it's less germy than the typical doe foot eye primer applicator.

Once applied, the primer does a pretty good job of keeping my eyelids prepped. I don't have oily lids but like primer to make my color last all day and pop. However, I notice that every once in a while, I see a little streak of creasing. And my colors don't look any brighter with this primer. I adore my NARS eye primer and wanted to try something new but once this tube is done, I'll be going back to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:54:00 AM More reviews by aj21math

I have very oily eyelids, so no products work to prevent creasing- except this one! I've tried Too Faced and other similar priced brands, but they still crease. This primer is the only one that keeps my shadow crease-free and bright all day long. I will never switch now that I found "the one."

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by KatHoP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I received a mini with my Pro palette and fell in love! I have oily lids and this makes eyeshadows last forever and blending is effortless. However, the real reason this is my new HG product is because of how it helps prevent my concealer from creasing! I notice such a big difference in how my concealer blends into my skin and almost no creasing. Definitely less creasing than with UDPP.

Will definitely purchase a full size when I run out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 1:53:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Don't know what happend but this primer did not work on me. It creased by mid day and I don't have super oily eyelids. I have used other primers and they have never creased on me but this one did. I was very disappointed since I had such high hopes for it. Oh well......back to Nars I go.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by lovetoshop31

I LOVE this eye primer. I got a sample a while back and ended up buying the full size. A little goes a long way. With this I have zero fall out from my shadows and it really makes them last all day with no creasing. T hey also really pop when used with this primer. I am not a big primer person, but am stuck on this stuff! It glides on super easy.. I usually just use my beauty blender or fingertip.. so soft and easy to use. Would highly recom. this product to anyone wanting to try a new primer or looking for something that will make your shadows/makeup last.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2013 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kaylapantz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never buy high end primers, but I got this in a Lorac set and decided to give it a try. The formula is so velvety smooth, smells nice, and brightens the eyes. I actually look forward to wearing it. I use L'oreal's infallible gel liner every day for a cat eye and this primer has helped it stay completely put. Eyeshadows look so much nicer too. You can even wear the primer alone because it looks so nice on its own. Its high end so it is pretty expensive but its SO worth the money, maybe even double it. You'll never have to buy another primer again. LORAC had done it again! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

I have puffy, sagging, heavy monolids, so every primer I've tried (Sephora, TFSI, Urban Decay, Nars) has resulted in some smudging (albeit less smudging than w/o a primer). Unfortunately, this LORAC primer also resulted in slight smudging underneath my lower lashline. The primer color is a beigey-nude and the texture is thin and creamy, but dries to smooth finish within seconds. I love that it comes in a tube; however, the opening is too big and I dislike the slanted, lipstick-esque applicator. I tightline w/ an eyeliner, and smudge it to look like eyeshadow, and this primer doesn't make blending difficult at all. As a matter of fact, the color looks more intense and uniform. Also, this primer keeps my lashes stay curled and sticking upward!! Totally unexpected but incredibly awesome! So even though I still get slight smudging below my lower lashline, b/c this primer keeps my lashes curled, I'll continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got this with my PRO Palette and at first was sceptical because I SWEAR by Too Faced Shadow Insurance (and keep at least 1 backup at all times). First impressions were great - the formula seemed very similar to TFSI - its kind of wet but goes on smooth and dries into a nice finish. A little goes a long way, and you can control how much you squeeze out fairly easily.

Blending of eyeshadows is an absolute dream with the LORAC Eye Primer. I tried it with MAC, Urban Decay and LORAC eyeshadows and got the same effect for every brand. The fade into each eyeshadow I apply is absolutely seamless. As much as TFSI does the same thing for me, I liked the way it blended with LORAC Eye Primer more, and blending took half the time!

Now here's the kicker and what will make me buy full sizes of this from now on (sorry TFSI) - its staying power! I wore my eyeshadows for 16+ hours with this product and there was not even the slightest creasing. TFSI slows down the process for me but by 12 hours you can notice creasing and fading. LORAC made it look like I just applied my eyeshadow after working all day, taking a nap and going out that evening.

I am completely floored by this product and not sure why it isn't more popular. I can't comment on the price right now but the website is saying $27 and TFSI is $24. I'll pay the extra $3 for this product because its SO amazing. I can't wait to try this on my bride clients too. I will definitely repurchase and have back ups of this product at all times ...my new holy grail product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2012 1:20:00 AM More reviews by kimmyn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this e/s primer and have been using it for over a year (i'm almost out). I have tried UDPP, ELF mineral, MAC paint pots, and benefit's stay don't stray and Lorac is by far my favorite. I think it is hugely underrated. Behind the scenes is $21/.47 oz=$44.68, NARS smudge proof is $24/.26 oz=$92.31, UDPP is $20/.37=$54.05, meaning that compared to competitors' e/s primers, you get more bang for your buck with Lorac. I don't have oily lids, but use e/s almost every single day to help my e/s last longer and to give more depth to the pigmentation. This e/s primer helps my eye makeup last all day which is usually at least 9 hours and can go onto 12hrs+. I have not experienced any separation and have not needed to shake or massage the container. This is a no fuss e/s primer, it comes out white and dries invisible on my lids. I would highly recommend this to anyone and would not hesitate to buy my second tube :) Love this stuff.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No